Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religion

+9
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
NickFazer
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If that's the case then why did only the men of Sodom turn up at Lots door? Surely the womenfolk would have jumped at the chance to meet a couple of real home grown angels ?

22Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't know what to say.

23Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:i don't know what to say.

Are you speechless?

24Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think i am.

25Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Some of you must have read a different Bible. It is mentioned in Genesis.

First Abraham asked if the Lord would spare the cities if fifty righteous people lived there. The Lord said yes. Boldly, Abraham kept bargaining down, until God agreed not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if even ten righteous people lived there. Then the Lord departed.

When the two angels arrived at Sodom that evening, Abraham's nephew Lot met them at the city gate. Lot and his family lived in Sodom. He took the two men to his home and fed them.

Then all the men of the city surrounded Lot's house and said, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (Genesis 19:5, NIV) By ancient custom, the visitors were under Lot's protection. Lot was so infected by the wickedness of Sodom that he offered the homosexuals his two virgin daughters instead. Furious, the mob rushed up to break down the door.

The angels struck the rioters blind! Leading Lot, his wife, and two daughters by the hand, the angels hurried them out of the city. The girls' fiancés would not listen and stayed behind.

Lot and his family fled to a tiny village called Zoar. The Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying the buildings, the people, and all the vegetation in the plain.

Lot's wife disobeyed the angels, looked back, and turned into a pillar of salt.

Genesis is the Old Testament which also allows Genocide, War, Famine, And much worse, but we don't do them today as standard - why not?

26Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FFS I'd much rather read Billy's weekly liar than fairy stories!

27Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did make it clear earlier on in this post that I am not deeply religious. I was simply pointing out that visiting Satans Alley was frowned upon in the Bible.

28Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RT is Satans Alley another description for the poo chute?

29Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is indeed. Also referred to as 'Hades Hollow' in some scriptures.

30Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 22:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:If that's the case then why did only the men of Sodom turn up at Lots door? Surely the womenfolk would have jumped at the chance to meet a couple of real home grown angels ?

At the risk of boring every other poster I'll reply. In those times women were treated as property. They had no rights. They belonged to their father or husband. Women wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere without male approval (a bit like some of the nuttier Muslim states now). Assuming any of this took place (which obviously I seriously doubt) it is extremely unlikely women would have been present. Remember the stoning scene in Monty Python's Life of Brian?

Most of the religious hatred of homosexuality comes not from the Bible itself but from the nutjobs who thought all sex was sinful. As far as I am aware Jesus never said anything like this.

31Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 22:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are probably quite correct. A poster on this thread claimed that there was no mention of homosexuality in the Bible. I doubted the veracity of his claim and mentioned a passage in Genesis to support my viewpoint.

I'm a firm believer in live and let live but if something was documented as fact hundreds of years ago then it is only right and proper to publicize it so that believers and non believers can make up their own minds.

32Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 22:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

33Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Monty Python always saw the funny side!

34Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Wed Feb 06 2013, 23:50

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The 'Old Testament' is before Jesus Christ.

The 'New Testament' was written by Christs disciples. Christians today only go by the New Testament. Jews on the other hand, not believing in JC, stay with the Old.

One of the biggest examples of the difference between the two is - An eye for an eye, Old, whereas Christ taught - turn the other cheek, New.

Last edited by chipbutty on Thu Feb 07 2013, 08:41; edited 1 time in total

35Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Thu Feb 07 2013, 06:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote: whereas Christ taught - turn the other cheek.

Nevertheless, the homosexual inference is still there. To which cheek was he referring?

36Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Tue Mar 12 2013, 20:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pat Condell... sums it up brilliantly.

https://youtu.be/GXzladhscMQ

37Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion Tue Mar 12 2013, 22:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha