Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you listening to today?

+15
scottjames30
gloswhite
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
Bernard Dennis Park
Keegan
JonnyRandom
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Triumph
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

not really ventured onto the wandering minds section of the forum and thought i would ask what people are listneing to music wise at the moment and what they are liking or not!

At the moment i am listneing to Explosions in the sky. Featured very heavily in the Friday Night Lights series on sky alantic. Instrumental and very relaxing.

My missus told me a few weeks ago i am getting to the age now where haircuts, fashion music taste and eveything else just seems to stay the same so i am trying to broaden my horizons!

i think she just gets pissed off with me playing pulp common people all the time which i only really do to annoy her Wink

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just ordered Dido's new album,
Listening to The Idle Race (Jeff Lynne pre ELO) And Brian Wilsons 'Lucky old Sun'

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:not really ventured onto the wandering minds section of the forum and thought i would ask what people are listneing to music wise at the moment and what they are liking or not!

At the moment i am listneing to Explosions in the sky. Featured very heavily in the Friday Night Lights series on sky alantic. Instrumental and very relaxing.

My missus told me a few weeks ago i am getting to the age now where haircuts, fashion music taste and eveything else just seems to stay the same so i am trying to broaden my horizons!

i think she just gets pissed off with me playing pulp common people all the time which i only really do to annoy her Wink

you should give sigur ros a listen, went to see them at the Apollo on Sunday, they were fantastic.

Love Pulp as well by the way, i was listening to Babies yesterday, my favourite song of theirs

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This morning I was listening to New Mic Order by Taskforce. What a belter.

Norpig wrote:
y2johnny wrote:not really ventured onto the wandering minds section of the forum and thought i would ask what people are listneing to music wise at the moment and what they are liking or not!

you should give sigur ros a listen, went to see them at the Apollo on Sunday, they were fantastic.

Love Pulp as well by the way, i was listening to Babies yesterday, my favourite song of theirs

I love sigur ros, and pulp.

At the moment i am pretty much listening to the following;

Iron and Wine, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Jose Gonzales, Willy Mason.

Iron and wine have been around for years but again i heard them on that friday night lights programme and a song they had on there called "upward over the mountain" is a great tune.

Oh and Scott Matthews. He has done some really good covers (but he is from wolverhampton which let's him down a little!)

Natasha Whittam wrote:This morning I was listening to New Mic Order by Taskforce. What a belter.

What kind of music is that Natasha?

I will have a listen when i get home.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Armand Van Helden just remind me of Friday and Saturday nights in Ikon! Not a good memory!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just love that tune.

I couldn't name you another track.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I just love that tune.

I couldn't name you another track.

TBF i've never heard it so i will give it a listen later, the only other one i know is "you don't even know me"

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you're looking for ambient stuff i would check out Boards of Canada.

This is pretty cool too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Hip-hop. I only listen to UK hip-hop from between the years 1987-1999.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Hip-hop. I only listen to UK hip-hop from between the years 1987-1999.

Nat, See i like quite a lot of hip hop stuff but never really listened to retro uk stuff, will deffo give it a listen.

Hipster, will give that a listen too, think i am going to have a busy night tonight!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

*Massive Attack - Blue Lines. Possibly my favourite album track of all time.
*James - Destiny Calling. Not a big James listener but they've made several gems in their time.
*The Primitives - Crash. Love this track from Dumb and Dumber which I watched the other night.
*Todd Rundgren - Can We Still Be Friends? See above.

doffcocker wrote:*Massive Attack - Blue Lines. Possibly my favourite album track of all time.
*James - Destiny Calling. Not a big James listener but they've made several gems in their time.
*The Primitives - Crash. Love this track from Dumb and Dumber which I watched the other night.
*Todd Rundgren - Can We Still Be Friends? See above.

i love the first two, not heard of the others. will deffo give them a listen.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If you're looking for ambient stuff i would check out Boards of Canada.

This is pretty cool too.

Boards of Canada are a bit boring IMO. Ambient stuff I'm listening to William Orbit's "Strange Cargo" album which has some good tunes - also still like Water from a Vine Leaf which he did with Beth Orton years ago.
Mainly listening to my personal mixes at the moment, although I tend to jump into different genres when the mood takes me. For god knows what reason, I was listening to Spandau Ballet's Chant No 1 (Don't need this pressure on) at full volume before the match last night! Random.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

suppose it depends on how ambient you like your ambient.

DNTEL is another act i'd recommend.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never heard of any of the music mentioned in this thread.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Long shot kick the bucket by the Pioneers got me out of bed this morning.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Was enjoying triviums ascendency album on the drive home

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum