Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Falklands - Do You Care?

+8
Mr Magoo
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Quent
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:12

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ok, maybe you're not strictly a "wum." But you know what i mean.

but come on "sir nuts dad" admit you can type in perfect english. That would be a start, no need for the spelling mistakes.

im not the worlds best speller i wish i could write better. when you were at skool i was gaining life experence

22The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:15

Il Padrino wrote:
Well, if you really think thousands of lives would be lost and world war 3 is coming over the Falkland Islands, I'll take no lectures on silliness from you, thanks.

Even if you're right to view the Falkland Islanders as a handful of people, and even if we were heading to war with Argentina over them - which we aren't - then fewer than 1,000 people died in the last Falklands War, so where you're getting the idea that thousands would die in another such war, I have no idea.

If people declare war on you, you have to fight back. If you think that is in any way silly, then you're completely out of touch with the realities of international affairs.

oh right, so you know exactly how a war would go do you? you know exactly who would get involved?

if only you'd been around in the early 40's, you could have saved a lot of lives with your foresight.

23The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No, I don't know exactly how many lives would be lost in a hypothetical war which isn't going to happen. I'll tell you why it isn't going to happen, though - because the British government takes a hard line over the Falkland Islands, which you want to give up because it's just "a handful of people". 3,500 British Citizens you're happy to see annexed by a hostile foreign power. Argentina would not dare invade the Falklands again, it would suffer heavy military losses and be ostracised in the UN.

I don't have to specify exactly how many lives would be lost, you're the one who used the term "thousands", I'm telling you I think it would be less than that for the reasons highlighted above. Now how about you let us all know where you get the idea thousands of lives would be lost, instead of trying to pick away at my posts with low-brow sarcasm?

As for your bit about foresight, I don't have foresight, I have something even better than that, it's called hindsight, and my opinions are informed by the benefit of it, unlike yours.

24The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe that as a democracy, the Falkland Islanders wish to remain (yes. remain), British citizens, and they are entitled to the protection of the British government. That protection is provided by members of Armed Forces, who are trained to carry out their role, and when asked to, do so without complaint. The idea of 'giving up' what is Sovereign land is insulting to the people who lost their lives there, as well as abandoning the Islanders themselves.

I also feel that a lot of the sabre-rattling by the Argentinians is more for political expediency at home, as well as an eye on the benefits of a rich fishing area, along with oil, and possible mineral deposits. These are no doubt reasons why our own government will enforce the choice of democracy.

Walking away from a possible conflict for reasons such as believing its not worth 'defending a few people and there sheep' is an opinion I don't understand, because I'm sure that if the poster of that comment was an islander, his views would be very different. Like the Falklands the UK is also 'just an island'.

Its standing up for democracy that allows us to let hundreds of thousands of immigrants move to this country, whilst forming a diverse and hopefully beneficial society. Letting somebody browbeat us out of what is ours, and the residents, is pathetic, and would lead the way to us giveing everything away, (something we have been doing with the Commonwealth), whilst showing to other nations all they have to do is shout at us. Needless to say, this would lead to even more conflict, with many more lives lost. Those who want to give away British resident's rights, just becasue it seems a good thing to do, really should think again.

25The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Il Padrino. I'm with you. The people in the city can sleep, only becasue there are guards at the gate.

26The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:35

Il Padrino wrote:No, I don't know exactly how many lives would be lost in a hypothetical war which isn't going to happen. I'll tell you why it isn't going to happen, though - because the British government takes a hard line over the Falkland Islands, which you want to give up because it's just "a handful of people". 3,500 British Citizens you're happy to see annexed by a hostile foreign power. Argentina would not dare invade the Falklands again, it would suffer heavy military losses and be ostracised in the UN.

I don't have to specify exactly how many lives would be lost, you're the one who used the term "thousands", I'm telling you I think it would be less than that for the reasons highlighted above. Now how about you let us all know where you get the idea thousands of lives would be lost, instead of trying to pick away at my posts with low-brow sarcasm?

saddam hussein lives!

when did a war ever accomplish anything other than death and destruction?

is hitler your hero?

27The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:39

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Jayne, its not the fact that there was a war, you have to look at why was there a war, and what could have happened otherwise. You mention Hitler, and you have to think about what would have happend if the Allies didn't go to war, for whatever reason.

28The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:41

the world is full of war. you lot want to go to war over a few people and their sheep, imagine if it was something more important.

i'd like any children I have to grow up in a war-free world, unfortunately the world is run by men and their egos.

29The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jayne are you a model?

30The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:50

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jayne are you a model?

er, no.

31The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jayne are you a model?

er, no.

oh. You look awfully familiar to me for some reason.

32The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:12

i've not heard that one before.

33The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:19

i think hipsters in love

34The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Or he is grooming her

35The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jayne, when challenged on your views you retaliate with sarcasm and petty insults. When challenged further, you hurl more offensive insults.

You demonstrate the understanding of diplomacy and war of a pre-pubescent. All your posts are riddled with emotive, ill-conceived crap.

It's a good job you don't have any influence on the people tasked with carrying out important decisions which affect the lives of others, you can't construct a cogent argument or have a reasonable discussion with others, and you are about as persuasive as a dodgy used car salesman with a severe speech impediment and intense body odour.

36The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i've not heard that one before.

You were the one that PM'd me asking my A/S/L

37The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:33

Il Padrino wrote:Jayne, when challenged on your views you retaliate with sarcasm and petty insults. When challenged further, you hurl more offensive insults.

You demonstrate the understanding of diplomacy and war of a pre-pubescent. All your posts are riddled with emotive, ill-conceived crap.

It's a good job you don't have any influence on the people tasked with carrying out important decisions which affect the lives of others, you can't construct a cogent argument or have a reasonable discussion with others, and you are about as persuasive as a dodgy used car salesman with a severe speech impediment and intense body odour.

and you're a pompous arsehole who thinks violence is the answer to everything.

38The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 20:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

... and another thing, Jayne - you call those eyes blue? As an aside, HBAYT?

The people demand answers!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

39The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She's sent me a picture of herself in a bikini so i can confirm they look like B cups.

40The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Jayne is ok, she is entitled to her opinion, even though we may see things differently. Talking down to people and being abusive wont help anyone. Jayne, your opinion may change in years to come, and not all men want to go to war at the drop of a hat. I don't want to appear condescending, but without people going to war in the past, to stand up for their principles and way of life, you, I , and everyone else in the UK probably wouldn't have the free choice, and freedom of speech we all enjoy now. It was a heavy price many people paid, but it was all for a reason. I'm going to climb off my soapbox now, so don't throw any eggs at me please

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum