Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want us to get promoted.

+23
Hip Priest
observer
doffcocker
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Sluffy
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
Dinae Moe Humm
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 10:11

taking out the equation the mega money package we will get for getting promoted and also the players we will be able to keep and possibly attract from getting promoted, would you want us to get promoted?

For the reasons mentioned above, then yes obviously i want us to better ourselves all the time.

But for more interesting and competitive football i far prefer being in this league knowing we can go into a gsame and it could go either way instead of us just getting dicked constantly in the prem.

whats your thoughts?

2Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 10:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel pretty much the same as you Johnny. Financially, it's vital that we get promoted but from a pure entertainment point of view, I have really enjoyed this season. So many unpredictable games and older stadiums with a bit of character, cheaper ticket prices and a decent away following have made it an enjoyable experience.

Hand on heart I would have to say that I would love us to get promoted but if we don't then I will still look forward to next season with gusto.

3Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 10:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from the financial implications, if we don't get promoted we will lose any chance of retaining Alonso, Spearing, Holden, Gregus, Dawson etc. and will find it much harder to compete in this league next season or attract other decent players. I think there's much more riding on promotion than meets the eye and although we may struggle in the Prem, our chances of getting back there will diminish if we don't do it this time IMO.
However it's not a problem we have at the moment. One game at a time and worry about it last day of the season.

4Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes - full stop.

Both for financial reasons and the 'prestige' that comes with the premier league.

i do worry though that we may not be ready yet, I have a feeling that as long as gartside is in charge, the money is not going to go to the squad, meaning we will be the whipping boys and come right back down again, it never stops me as a fan though hoping for the best all the time - promotion would be a happy day and a cause for celebration so yes, I do want us to go up. Il worry about everything else when we are actually there.

5Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:17

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I know you said ignore the financial aspect, but if we didn't spend a penny on new players the additional £30m would make a big dent in our debt even if we didn't win a game. I imagine parachute payments would also go up accordingly giving us a good chance of promotion the year after. Rinse and repeat a few times, or we may even survive at some point, and you could theoretically clear the clubs debt in a decade.

6Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:18

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes otherwise what is the point, ok we may struggle but it's where it's at.

7Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:I know you said ignore the financial aspect, but if we didn't spend a penny on new players the additional £30m would make a big dent in our debt even if we didn't win a game. I imagine parachute payments would also go up accordingly giving us a good chance of promotion the year after. Rinse and repeat a few times, or we may even survive at some point, and you could theoretically clear the clubs debt in a decade.

That worked for West Brom...

8Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you don't want to get promoted what's the point of watching football?

Surely every supporter wants to win every game and be Champions of Europe?

9Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty sure that any Wanderers fan worth his salt would dearly love us to get promoted this season. The point I was trying to make, is that for me personally, I have enjoyed this season in the Championship so far. If we do go up it will be the icing on the cake.

Just imagine if we had Dougie from the opening day of the season. His knowledge with Palace in the Championship would have stood us in good stead and I do believe promotion would have been a good possibility.

10Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:29

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

All very valid points guys. I have nothing to add your honour.

11Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:30

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Yes!

12Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 12:16

Yes I want us to get promoted, I'd like to see if there was much investment if we did and what Dougie did with the money. I don't think this team is ready to compete yet but I don't think we're that far off.

13Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 12:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we go up - and it's a massive ask - I imagine most of the available cash will go on trying to keep or replace the loanees and out of contract players which form the core of our team. Still it would be a nice problem to have.

14Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 12:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course!

i think we'll have done very very very well if we do considering just how poor this season has been.

15Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 12:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm in the yes camp but think our chance has gone.

16Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 12:49

am i allowed to link articles in here by someone else? just an article with comments underneath that made me raise the question

17Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 12:55

well i'm sure the mods will delete, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 13:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a pretty accurate assessment. The Premiership is where all clubs strive to be because that's where the real money is. The Championship is more fun in my opinion.

19Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 13:22

If I could still watch every match I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the Championship.

But I can't so I do.

20Do you want us to get promoted. Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 13:22

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Only from a financial aspect for the club, that would be the only reason why I would want us to get promoted.

The Premier is shit! It's far too expensive to attend most of the away games and most of the fans that support their team, they are only going watching them because they are in the Premiership.

The fans that go watching their teams in the Championship are proper, loyal fans imo and they will stick with their team through thick and thin.

I was listening to a Pompey fan on GMR last Saturday and he remembered going watching Pompey, at Old Trafford in 1997 and the crowd was about 28K! Where the fook has the other 48K fans come from over the last 15 years or so and why?

I'll be very much looking forward to another season in the Championship, If we don't get promoted this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum