Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted?

+20
Born to be a wanderer
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
SKDArmy
Triumph
wanderingstar606
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Angry Dad
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Jamster26
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Do you want to go up?

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? Vote_lcap82%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? Vote_rcap 82% [ 36 ]
Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? Vote_lcap18%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? Vote_rcap 18% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? Empty Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? Sat Apr 20 2013, 19:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Despite the football being pretty poor, some awful teams and tactics from Coyle and now Dougie, and some dire players I still think this season has been more entertaining and interesting than many of the previous ones in the PL.

Maybe not entertaining in the Barcelona way, but with it being so tight at the top it's kept things exciting.

The thing is, if by some minor miracle we did get promoted it'd be the same old shite. Getting hammered every week and our sole ambition being to cling to 17th place. Boring.

In a perfect world we'd get in the play-offs, beat Watford 6-0 at Wembley, have a few days to celebrate the achievement and then be relegated back to the Championship for "financial irregularities".

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes! More money that we desperately need, more coverage better entertainment and better chance of attracting quality players.

Anyone that thinks we'll get battered week in week out needs to have a re think. You worry about what you need to survive when you get there and with a full summer, I have full faith in dougie bringing in the quality that we need, he will get money to spend as gartside will want to stay up.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What an absolute bellend you really are Nat. Of course we want promotion, I want to see us play on Sky a few times a season, I want to see us buy some decent players, I want to see us get battered at Chelsea and United.
What is the point of even bothering cheering a team if they have no aim.
You are an absolute plonker sometimes.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was having this discussion today at the game and though I would like us to go up. in all honesty we would get destroyed in the premier league with our current set of players.

Plus Dawson and Spearing are going back so that's our 2 most consistent performers gone straight away, we would need huge investment and pretty much a new squad to even have a chance of staying up IMO.

Having said all that the teams we are playing at the moment are piss poor so to see us playing the best teams in england again would suit me just fine.

:COYW:

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Sat Apr 20 2013, 20:02; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:What an absolute bellend you really are Nat. Of course we want promotion, I want to see us play on Sky a few times a season, I want to see us buy some decent players, I want to see us get battered at Chelsea and United.
What is the point of even bothering cheering a team if they have no aim.
You are an absolute plonker sometimes.

You want to see us getting battered at United & Chelsea?

Do you pay a woman to stamp on your knob with 5 inch heels every weekend? You seem to enjoy pain.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know what you are talking about Nat, when my dad was telling me I look like a thug for shaving my head off, he said the championship is the best league in Europe.

All though we want to get up, we want to stay up, but what choice do we have ?

Football is money, and money is going up.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Definitely want to go up.

Getting relegated again next season won't be much fun though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If we get no points whatsoever, we would still get about £70 million for prize money and minimum TV appearances plus clubs relegated from football's top flight will receive in excess of £60m over a four-year period from next season.

Worth about £130 income just to get there.

No brainer really - and yet there are still people think we are better off staying down and rebuilding for next season- sheer financial madness!

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What Bolton would not want to see Bolton in the Premier league? I actually think under Dougie, we'd have a good chance of avoid relegation. But that's all if's and buts at this moment in time. We need to win the big games first!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:What Bolton fan would not want to see Bolton in the Premier league?

Didn't you read my post. Me Rolling Eyes

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Apart from you Nat, obviously...

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we are now a better team than what got relegated from the Premier League

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Going up will instantly help towards the debt, stay up, and we will be financially viable again, come straight down, and we be far healthier financially than we are now, so who in their right mind would not want us to go up, oh hang on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Going up will instantly help towards the debt, stay up, and we will be financially viable again, come straight down, and we be far healthier financially than we are now, so who in their right mind would not want us to go up, oh hang on.

You're all basing your opinion on money - I don't give a shite about the cash, it's not like I'm getting any of it.

I'm talking about an entertainment point of view. Surely it's better to be a big(ish) fish in a small pond than a little tiddler in a big pond?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

yup.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think we are now a better team than what got relegated from the Premier League
Don't agree with this BTD ..... we were unlucky at the very end to get relegated at all. This current lineup would be shipping goals in double figures against Arsenal and the like...
I want to get back up to the Prem but wonder who actually we would ever beat. You look at the way Southampton are playing, Swansea, West Brom...Stoke .....all teams who were beneath us a few years ago. They have progressed...we have gone backwards. In reality we need in influx of quality ...which wil not be easy IMO.

I watched Wigan play Man City on Wednesday. Wigan will probably get relegated but the way they played at City we couldn't even play like that at Bristol City. If we go up we will get battered every week unless we buy a whole new team because not one of our players would get in the Wigan or QPR team.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think we are now a better team than what got relegated from the Premier League
Don't agree with this BTD ..... we were unlucky at the very end to get relegated at all. This current lineup would be shipping goals in double figures against Arsenal and the like...
I want to get back up to the Prem but wonder who actually we would ever beat. You look at the way Southampton are playing, Swansea, West Brom...Stoke .....all teams who were beneath us a few years ago. They have progressed...we have gone backwards. In reality we need in influx of quality ...which wil not be easy IMO.

no ones ever conceded 10 in the premier league.

and i don't agree this squad would be able to get promoted and then suddenly be on a par with the blue square south.

they'd struggle badly though.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Holden if he gets back to what he was, Mark Davies, Medo and Chungy are good enough for the premier league. The rest of our players I'm not sure about.

terenceanne wrote:

I'd take Dawson and Knight with Medo in front of them over Knight/Ream with Reo Coker.

And I'd take N'gog Sordell over K davies N'gog.

Wouldn't you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum