Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robot Wars - Should it be resurrected?

+13
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
JakeSnake
Angry Dad
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't like it so much as it wasn't very realistic. Where were the laser cutters, ground to ground missiles, depleted uranium plating and mine layers? No hostage-taking or anything vaguely realistic.
They could have made it more exciting by adopting tag wrestling rules so that if one was in trouble he could tag his nerd to step in and squash the other fucker with a sledgehammer.
If they bring it back I want to see nerd blood.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:I see there is a 'robot Comabat league' starting on SyFy channel on 8th April I think it is. Not sure but I think its made up robots knocking lumps out of each other

I think that's an American programme, so will probably be similar to Battlebots, which I think was way behind Robot Wars in quality and entertainment. I'll give it a watch though, see what it's like...

Reebok Trotter wrote:Which was the robot that turned on one of the house robots and ripped chunks out of its flank. I think Matilda was the house robot that got owned.

Skip to about 3:00

Angry Dad wrote:my favorite was hypno disc, did it ever beat chaos?.

I don't recall Hypno-Disc ever beating Chaos 2 in Robot Wars.

JakeSnake wrote:My cousins went on robot wars

Which robot did they enter?

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The Chaos/Chaos 2 team (I think it was them) had one of the most adrogynous people I've ever seen on it. They were on quite a lot and I could never work out for sure if they were a girly man with their hair a bit too long or a butch woman with their hair a bit too short

'robot Comabat league' looks like it is already on our screens and looks like a kids version of the film "Real Steel" (if anyone hasn't seen it it is actually quite good................for watching with your kids and grand kids!")

but as mentioned above, with some of the technology around now there could be some excellent robots.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll pass on "Robot Combat League" - Reading about it, it's nothing like Robot Wars or Battlebots and has nothing to do with the actual sport of robot combat (which was born out of Robot Wars in the UK and Battlebots in the US.)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rather resurrect a more grown up programme. Like Trumpton.

Robot Wars - Should it be resurrected? - Page 2 Trmptn

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I rather resurrect a more grown up programme. Like Trumpton.

Some people consider Robot combat a sport. Others consider it a game.

Suggesting it's only for children is just as BS as suggesting Darts or Snooker is a kids game/sport.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum