Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside replies to the Davies Interview - AUDIO

+7
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hear the other side of the coin - 16 minutes long.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't listened yet, but isn't this getting a bit out of proportion?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It sounds to me like KD has been playing the victim aswell as talking to other clubs..

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Adrian Durham is a prick.

I didn't get past 5 minutes.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've always liked to hear about the other side story first myself.

Did you know that apparently Davies had recently got an agent and Gartside was told by a chairman of another club that it would seem that he was actively looking to engineer some sort of a move away?

That Gartside had told Davies on Monday that a testimonial was not a problem for him.

That the reason why he was told now that his contact was not going to be renewed now was the club giving him time to go out on loan / more permanent deal thereafter, before the transfer window shuts tomorrow.

I'm not saying who is right and wrong but there’s certainly a lot more to it than many, many people might have thought (and reacted) on just hearing Davies side of the story.

Well worth a listen imo.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The club haven't done anything wrong imo.

Kevin Davies and his mrs seem a little bitter though.

It sounds like he'll be gone tomorrow if someone wants him.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder what club he was trying to engineer some sort of move to.

Sounds like bad feeling towards the club to me.

Get rid, then bring him back for the testimonial after we win at Wembley.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus, that interview actually made me angry listening to it.

some hack trying to get a bit of sensation out of the most mundane thing ever.

Kev, great servant, but you're longer needed, I'm afraid thats the world we live in the club doesn't have to do anything, or say anything more than that.

You'd think they'd taken him to court to regain his career earnings, shat in his postbox and kicked his donkeys the way that DJ was banging on.

Surprised Phil stayed on the line, i'd have hung up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's poor leadership. All the parties have been professional in their own way I suppose. SKD the disgruntled footie player, Durham the sensationalist WUM in search of increased audience, Phil the politician. Whatever the truth, it was handled badly, which is a shame for the club.
Our PR seemed on the up after the way the club handled Fabrice's situation so I was hoping they'd have been on top of this potential PR disaster and managed it properly. And by that I mean managed every stage of the discussions.
If Dougie was the hitman by his own will or following orders, the sensitivity of the occasion should have been recognised higher up and managed properly from the start.
No idea about the right and wrong of it because I've no idea what was actually said - or not said.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've read some right shite on this from supposed Bolton fans on other Bolton channels.

Some of the words used to describe the Bolton Wanderers hierarchy have been disgraceful.

Quick to stick the boot in before getting all the facts or all sides to the story.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get what they should have done?

offered him a 10 year contract? IMO he was lucky to get a contract last year.

big favourite of mine, but time to face facts and get it in proportion, some people lose their jobs out of the blue and it actually does make a dent in the bank account.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was commenting on the way it comes across. This could become acrimonious and I don't like the idea of BWFC either being or being known as a club that is unfair to it's widely respected and longest serving players - which is how it may appear in the media. I think the club was surely aware of the symbolism of the occasion of firing SKD and should have acted to ensure the best outcome for the club.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside fought Bolton's corner well - Adrian was very annoying...Just going over the same points and ignoring Phil's answers (which were the same each time)

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Very good interview from PG.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Far too much is unclear to have an opinion on the situation with regards to the testimonial.

However they'd handled the situation, there'd always be somebody spitting their dummy out. And Emma of course.

Campo was pissed off (not that I blame him) as he was told after the final game of the season he wasn't wanted. Here we've got a player told not just 2 months before the season end but three days before the loan transfer window closure that he wouldn't be offered a new contract. This not only gives him the opportunity to say goodbye to the supporters but to make a premature start to his next venture.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Gartside fought Bolton's corner well - Adrian was very annoying...Just going over the same points and ignoring Phil's answers (which were the same each time)
That's how you're taught to do it in media training.
Whatever is asked, don't stray from the points you want to make and have prepared in advance.
Professional job from Phil in the face of extreme wummery.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adrian Durham is a hero of mine.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Adrian Durham is a hero of mine.
I can imagine. There are no depths he wouldn't sink to if he thought he could get a reaction. Phil owned him on this occasion though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Adrian Durham is a hero of mine.

Well i suppose in that respect (getting people to call in/sensationalising) he does do a good job.

I remember he slagged Jaime Caragher once making him call in for an argument.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I remember he slagged Jaime Caragher once making him call in for an argument.

Exactly. What's more entertaining, a PL footballer having a breakdown on live radio or Derek from Derby moaning about Nigel Clough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum