Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardiff v Bolton

+28
CAMPO
Spanish Trotter
doffcocker
Tigermin
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
WhiteBic
Copper Dragon
observer
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Keegan
scottjames30
NickFazer
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
Opey36
Hipster_Nebula
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Triumph
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
wanderlust
32 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Cardiff v Bolton Empty Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 09:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About time we had a dedicated thread seeing as there's been so much speculation about this game on other threads as to whether this is a "must-win" game or not.
With Leicester playing on Friday night we'll know half the story by the time we kick off, but for me the only relevant fact is that both Forest and Leicester are fired up and capable of taking 6 more points although they both can't do it.
I expect Forest to beat Millwall who have been poor recently, so their GD could be close to ours going into the final game and they could be a point ahead of us. Leicester have a tough one v Watford but if they get anything out of it, even a draw, a final day win will see them take the spot if we lose at Cardiff.
There are lots of permutations but as it stands, for me, a draw is the minimum we need at Cardiff and if we are to be sure, a win.
The chances of us getting into the playoffs if we lose at Cardiff are slim.
So will Cardiff be hungover and happy with what they've achieved, or will they want to put on a show for their fans? And will Dougie finally sort out the dodgy away form that has dogged us all season?
For me, we need to go for the win, but I can't see Dougie setting us up for it - I suspect he'll go for "containment" again and that's a worry.
I think we'll scrape a draw and be dependent on other results on the final day.

2Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 10:03

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think Cardiff will already be on their holidays and we'll take one more step towards the Premier League.

Cardiff 0 - 2 Bolton - Eagles (2)

3Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 10:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cardiff will be up for this one.

Full house, trophy being presented at the end of the game, and probably most importantly, playing for a place in Mackay's Premier League squad.

I expect to get thumped.

4Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 10:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would love us to piss on Cardiff's parade but they have been the most consistent team in the Championship so I think it will be a home win for them.

With other results, I can still see it going to the final week of the season to establish who makes the play offs.

5Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 10:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Cardiff will be up for this one.

Full house, trophy being presented at the end of the game, and probably most importantly, playing for a place in Mackay's Premier League squad.

I expect to get thumped.

Snap.

you also have to bear in mind that Cardiff will want to give the fans a 'good show' and they will be playing with NO pressure whatsoever...

They are a decent side anyway, take away the pressure from the equation and they sound pretty dangerous - we will be under pressure and have a habit of crumbling under it.

6Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 11:05

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We'll have a weakened midfield with no Spearing- I expect that we'll battle bravely but get steam rollered into something like a 3-0 defeat.
If they score early then they'll want to put on a show and they'll swamp us

7Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 11:07

Having something to play for tends to work in a teams favour, not against them. Malky Makay can try an motivate all he wants but psychologically their players know its job done and there's not the same urgency.

We tend to play better against the big teams, if we can nick anything it's a good result.

8Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 11:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

looking at the upcoming fixtures for our play-off rivals - we could do with 6 points from last 2 games.

I can see Leicester pipping us to it if im honest.

9Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 11:38

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think Watford will beat Leicester, but I can see Leicester beating Forest.

So we'd only need to beat Blackpool at home in order to cement our play-off place unless I have miscalculated.

10Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 11:43

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The BBC sportspage ( the football one) has got a Results predictor on there where you can look at all the games between now and the nd of the season. Its quite good fun too. I had a go last night and predicted we would end up 6th beating Forest on goal difference of 3.
Blackburn would stay up by 1 point

11Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 13:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I think Watford will beat Leicester, but I can see Leicester beating Forest.

So we'd only need to beat Blackpool at home in order to cement our play-off place unless I have miscalculated.
Too many variables in there to take any sort of chance with the Cardiff game - and everybody is already assuming that if we're still in with a chance on the final day, beating Blackpool will be little more than a formality.
If we lose at Cardiff:
Leicester will only need 4 points to pass us.
Forest will need 6.
Either team could do that so we have to go for a win againsat Cardiff.
And whatever happens we'll need to beat Blackpool who would love to hold us on the final day to stop us progressing.

12Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:17

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

0-2 to us cos we need it more. dawson x 2

13Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You negative sods!

You're all bigging Cardiff up to be world beaters when in reality they have been made to look good in this league. They've gone up as champions without doing it in style, in their last three results they've drawn two at home to Barnsley/Charlton and took just a point from a poor burnley side!

We seem to up our game against teams above us and I expect us to take the game to Cardiff and come away with the points, Dougie and the players won't want to mess this up now after coming so far.

1-3

I expect us to be celebrating our gaurenteed play off place with Leicester and forest both losing.

Last edited by Boggersbelief on Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:27; edited 1 time in total

14Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:26

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:I think Watford will beat Leicester, but I can see Leicester beating Forest.

Too many variables in there to take any sort of chance with the Cardiff game - and everybody is already assuming that if we're still in with a chance on the final day, beating Blackpool will be little more than a formality.
If we lose at Cardiff:
Leicester will only need 4 points to pass us.
Forest will need 6.
Either team could do that so we have to go for a win againsat Cardiff.
And whatever happens we'll need to beat Blackpool who would love to hold us on the final day to stop us progressing.

Leicester play Watford this Friday? I think that helps us allot. If they lose there then all we need is three points from Cardiff or Blackpool, then it should see us over.

However can't rule Forest out hence why if we do get something at Cardiff (and I think we will), then it will make it allot easier heding into the final game!

Last edited by Jamster26 on Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:43; edited 1 time in total

15Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:26

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm of the thinking that Cardiff players are already thinking about the beach. Therefore, I think we'll get the result we need.

However, it's looking like we'll end up with Watford in the play-offs and probably Brighton in the Wembley final should we get past Watford.

An interesting month and half to come for us me thinks! We don't do things the easy way, that's for sure!

16Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:35

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:You negative sods!

You're all bigging Cardiff up to be world beaters when in reality they have been made to look good in this league. They've gone up as champions without doing it in style, in their last three results they've drawn two at home to Barnsley/Charlton and took just a point from a poor burnley side!

We seem to up our game against teams above us and I expect us to take the game to Cardiff and come away with the points, Dougie and the players won't want to mess this up now after coming so far.

1-3

I expect us to be celebrating our gaurenteed play off place with Leicester and forest both losing.

That's the spirit! I am feeling very optimistic at this point.

17Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-3

Bolton don't win big games. When was the last big game we won?

18Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Middlesborough was a big game, we won it.

19Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 14:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

1-3

Bolton don't win big games. When was the last big game we won?

lol!

20Cardiff v Bolton Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Mon Apr 22 2013, 16:02

Opey36

David Ngog
David Ngog

I think we will put on a performance ov our own a draw will do us but I think we will win 1-0 sordell or eagles to score we have played so well in the past few months and I think the lads will be up for it COYWM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum