Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-0 Cardiff

+19
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Jingizu99
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
wanderlust
Norpig
B.D.P
Bwfc1958
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 10:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next up and coming game is against Cardiff City at 8PM this evening and also at home.

How do you feel our new manager Neil Lennon will do with this one?

I feel we could snatch a draw against Cardiff, my prediction 1-1

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Nov 04 2014, 21:56; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 10:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match preview: Bolton v Cardiff

SETTING THE SCENE 

After facing Norwich City in their last game, Bolton Wanderers take on another one of last season’s Premier League bottom three on Tuesday when they face Cardiff City.

Like the Whites, the South Wales outfit are currently enjoying life under a new manager, having won three of their four matches under Russell Slade so far.

However, with the Bluebirds are yet to win on their travels in the Championship this season, Bolton will be keen to make home advantage count as they face two games at Macron Stadium in the space of four days.

TEAM NEWS

Joe Mason and Kevin McNaughton are both ineligible for the midweek clash with Cardiff under the terms of their loan agreements.

David Wheater (back) and Adam Bogdan (finger) are both closing in on first team returns, but Tuesday night will come too soon for the duo.

Marc Tierney (leg) remains a long-term absentee.

LAST CARDIFF XI (v Leeds United, W 3-1)

Marhsall, Brayford, Fabio, Ecuele Managa, S Morrison, Whittingham, Noone, Gunnarsson, Pilkington (Ralls 45), Le Fondre (R Morrison 81) Macheda (Jones 75)

ONE TO WATCH

Having enjoyed a rather prolific loan spell with Birmingham City last season, Federico Macheda signed for Cardiff City on a free transfer from Manchester United in the summer.

He scored twice on his debut for the Bluebirds in a Capital One Cup clash with Port Vale, but was restricted to just two league starts under former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

However, Macheda has been revitalised by the arrival off Russell Slade, scoring three goals having started all four of his new manager’s games in charge so far.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton 0-1 Cardiff, 25 January 2014)

Last clashing with Cardiff City in the FA Cup last seasons, Wanderers came unstuck to a solitary strike from substitute Fraizer Campbell as they exited the competition at the fourth round stage.

Lee Chung-Yong had come closest to opening the scoring for the Whites in a goalless first half, but could only drag his shot wide in stoppage time.

Campbell joined the action at the break and took advantage of a defensive error to open the scoring within five minutes of his introduction.

David Marshall had to be alert to deny Medo as Bolton fought back, but they were unable to make a breakthrough as the Bluebirds held on to secure victory.

PRESS CONFERENCE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 10:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Eltringham in charge

County Durham-based referee Geoff Eltringham takes charge of Wanderers’ home clash with Cardiff City on Tuesday night.

Mr Eltringham has overseen two Whites’ fixtures in the past, both at Macron Stadium, including last season’s December meeting with Huddersfield Town.

Shaun Hudson and Paul Kettlewell will run the line, while Scott Mathieson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 10:36

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I feel quite good about this one. I'm going for a win but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. I think we will take a 2 goal lead but Cardiff will get one back in last 20 minutes and put us under pressure but I think we'll hold on. I'm going for mills and chungy to bag the goals. COYWM

5Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 10:44

3-1 to us!

6Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 11:11

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

2-2 Danns, Davies.

7Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have problems in defence and we can't keep a clean sheet so i would go for a draw as well, 1-1.

I hope Beckford isn't in the starting line-up, he's had enough chances and his attitude stinks.

8Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 12:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tricky one for Lennon as there are problems throughout the team. In his interview he alludes to future changes with comments like "I don't know what my best team is yet" and "there will be changes" but also stated that he wouldn't "experiment" against strong teams like Cardiff and Wigan - so I'd expect a similar line up to the Norwich game.

I therefore suspect that despite popular demand, Becks will retain his place as will Spearing - unless Lennon is bluffing.
Whoever plays they are going to have to up their performance from the one at Norwich if we are going to get anything from tonight. If they don't lift their game, Cardiff will win.

9Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 12:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll miss tonight's game as I'm working away from home this week. I think we'll get a point- a 1-1 draw.
Hope the chatbox is up and lively

10Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 13:31

Can't see this ending well for us.

3-0 Cardiff.

11Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 13:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough one to call this one. They'll be without their leading goalscorer jones so that's a plus. Think Russell slade will make them hard to beat but then again lennon will do the same with us, we will sneak this 2-1

12Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 14:13

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

3-1 win COYW!!!!!!!!

13Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll lose by the odd goal. Beckford will miss two absolute sitters.

14Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 14:40

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Beckford's anywhere near the team sheet, forget it.

15Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 15:16

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll lose by the odd goal. Beckford will miss two absolute sitters.
Are you talking about him last night or on the pitch today?

16Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 15:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rock hard game but I like us for a draw.

17Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 15:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Think this will be a battle but we'll get a point. 1-1. And just for the sheer off the wall bonkers-ness of the idea I predict our goal will be scored by Pratley.  bounce

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Tue Nov 04 2014, 17:16; edited 1 time in total

18Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 16:29

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I see the optimism Lennon brought with him is starting to wane a little after the Norwich game. We'll bounce back tonight with a win I'm sure of it. Where's the best odds for a Bolton win I might get on it

19Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 17:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why can't we play at 19:45 like every other normal club?

20Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Tue Nov 04 2014, 17:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

scottjames30 wrote:Why can't we play at 19:45 like every other normal club?
I think it got something to do with the shitty road system around the ground theres too much traffic. It's to make sure all fans get there for kick off. Imagine what it would be like with another 13,000 there filling the stadium. We'll probably never find out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum