Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-0 Cardiff

+19
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Jingizu99
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
wanderlust
Norpig
B.D.P
Bwfc1958
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 06:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Just got around to seeing the highlights. The Cardiff keeper had no idea what to do with that last shot so he did nothing. Wrong choice!
Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 08:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon got everything right last night, he dropped Beckford and Spearing and Josh Vela had a great game at right back.
The most pleasing thing for me was the way we pressed Cardiff all game, we never game them time on the ball and we were always on the front foot. Lennons tactics last night were spot on, he changed the shape and matched Cardiffs formation and put Feeney up front with Craig Davies when they brought on Ravel Morrison. The full backs are also given licence to bomb on as well, its such a refreshing change from Freedmans negative sit back and soak up pressure tactics.

As for the players themselves i thought whe whole team played well, Pratley had his best game for a long while but for me Craig Davies turned in a brilliant performance he deserved his standiong ovation when he came off. Chungy wasn't far behind either, a great performance playing behind Davies but he also did a massive amount of work tackling back and pressuring Cardiffs midfield and defence.

All in all the best Bolton performance for a long long time!

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Nov 05 2014, 09:58; edited 1 time in total

43Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 09:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had this weird dream last night. We were playing Cardiff at home and as the loanees we borrowed from them weren't eligible, Lennon picked an attacking formation of Bolton players and give them instructions to push on and press and dominate possession. They worked their socks off and we won 3 nil.
I still haven't woke up as far as I can tell. Weird.

44Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 09:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Absolutely chuffed that when Lennon had a problem at FB he chose the positive option. Great player selection and great performances in response. What a workrate. Lennon mentioned something about home games and what a start. Getting the best out of players like Cravies is a good sign - he's not arsed about the loanees.

The re-invention continues.

I thought these players were all shit and no one could get them to play well, not even the best manager since Alf Ramsey, Dougie Freedman.

45Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 09:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Absolutely chuffed that when Lennon had a problem at FB he chose the positive option. Great player selection and great performances in response. What a workrate. Lennon mentioned something about home games and what a start. Getting the best out of players like Cravies is a good sign - he's not arsed about the loanees.

The re-invention continues.

I thought these players were all shit and no one could get them to play well, not even the best manager since Alf Ramsey, Dougie Freedman.

Did you?

46Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:11

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Excellent performance last night, the most pleasing for as long as I can remember, certainly in the last couple of years. 
Chungy has found his mojo and cravies was outstanding. 
Even that supposedly shit player Pratley had a hand in the first two goals if I remember correctly? 
One swallow doesn't make a summer,  but we've seen three recently!! 
Bring on the pies and the donkey lashers and let's see where we are then!?!

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:17; edited 1 time in total

47Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:35

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

I thought the referee was poor last night.

How did their man not get sent off for slapping Pratley?

48Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

B.D.P wrote:I thought the referee was poor last night.

I didn't see it of course but from what the comms said it was the right decision. It was pretty much handbags at dawn from what I heard and to be honest I get hacked off with players being sent off for barely touching a guy's cheek while someone can chop a guy down and nearly break his legs for a yellow. Common sense refereeing has been in shorter and shorter supply over the last few years because of the FA taking away more and more of the ref's discretion. I was glad there were no red cards last night because it would have detracted from a brilliant performance by us.

49Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really pleased with the performance last night. Although we're still in the bottom 3, I can see a good win against the pie eaters starting our push up the league,although we've had enough false dawns to make me wary.
At the moment though my glass is half full (with a dash of Lennon). :facepalm:

50Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

:agree:

51Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:53

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I didn't see it of course but from what the comms said it was the right decision. It was pretty much handbags at dawn from what I heard and to be honest I get hacked off with players being sent off for barely touching a guy's cheek while someone can chop a guy down and nearly break his legs for a yellow. Common sense refereeing has been in shorter and shorter supply over the last few years because of the FA taking away more and more of the ref's discretion. I was glad there were no red cards last night because it would have detracted from a brilliant performance by us.

The ref got it wrong IMO.

You cannot slap or push your hand into another plàyers face like the Cardiff player did.

Was it Ravel Morrison BTW?

He usually only hits women.

52Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:13

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A great team effort and everyone played their part. Lennon got them battling in a way they never would have done for Dougie. He did a lot of clapping at the work Vela and Craig Davies were putting in. These two summed up the whole performance - you can tell he likes players with a never-say-die attitude who get stuck in and fight for the cause.

I would love it if we can do the same against Wigan. Love it!

53Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A fair comment was passed by one fan last night that it's a deja vu situation to when Rioch came. I had to admit the similarities re. player performance improvement and fans finally having cautious optimism and getting behind the team, we're indeed, the same. 
Rioch, like Lennon, embraced the fans, a very important starter.

54Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:55

Big confidence boost for the fans and players and goes to show this group of players can get results of they apply themselves properly and have the motivation. The trick is making it last, after the initial bounce wanting to impress a new manager they could go back off the boil. Loved that Vela starred last night, always looked like he had the talent and RB looked a master stroke - although we'll have to see how he gets on against an out and out winger.

I'm also pleased to see spearing finally dropped, his poor passing is the breakdown of too much good play. We're better off with ball players like Mavies and Lee. Hopefully Medo will get a chance over spearing soon.

Very encouraging anyway, just a shame Brum won!

55Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 12:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I didn't see it of course but from what the comms said it was the right decision. It was pretty much handbags at dawn from what I heard and to be honest I get hacked off with players being sent off for barely touching a guy's cheek while someone can chop a guy down and nearly break his legs for a yellow. Common sense refereeing has been in shorter and shorter supply over the last few years because of the FA taking away more and more of the ref's discretion. 
:agree:

56Bolton 3-0 Cardiff - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Cardiff Wed Nov 05 2014, 17:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Benteke got a red card for a very similar offense - handbags really. Either they were both red card offences or neither was. It is interesting to see the comments being made by current and former players as it relates to Dougie's shower as against Neil's reign. 

Feeney wrote:"We’ve been playing well for a few weeks now under the new manager and it has looked like coming..."
"The club is really unified at the moment..."
"The manager wants us to show more composure in front of goal. Trying not to snatch at things and to be more relaxed and I think we took that into it tonight."
So what was Dougie doing? Apparently, for Coyle.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum