Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardiff v Bolton

+28
CAMPO
Spanish Trotter
doffcocker
Tigermin
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
WhiteBic
Copper Dragon
observer
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Keegan
scottjames30
NickFazer
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
Opey36
Hipster_Nebula
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Triumph
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
wanderlust
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

141Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 20:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I haven't seen any reports or comments on the game, but my impression was that we ruled the roost in the first half, although we were only in it because of Bogdans excellent saves, especially in the first minute. After the initial frantic 15 minutes, we were in complete control. The second half was a different story. I thought we went walkabout for a good protion of the second, and were under the cosh for the last 20 minutes or so. It was as though Cardiff realised its the last game, etc, and they didn't want their party ruined. They played some good aggressive footbal. I would say the result is fair, although I'm sure we had enough chances to put the game away n the first half. Only disappointment for me was Sordell. I don't know if he was working to a different game plan to everyone else, but quite often didn't seem to have a clue. A good game, a fair result. and all the players (more or less), look up for the final game, there was spirit, good moves, better than usual ball control . I reckon on this showing, we should be ok.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

142Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 20:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:
Once a jolly swagman,
Always a jolly swagman.

I thank-you.

Did freedman draw on purpose Laughing

143Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 21:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well if anyone says they wouldn't have taken a point before the game and going into the last game against Blackpool to get a play off spot would have been lying.

Cardiff should have been 1-0 in the first 5minutes but once we got the first goal we looked the better side for the rest of the first half but we just took our foot off the gas yet again once we took the lead away from home - Cardiff were by far the better side IMO.

144Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 21:36

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Freedman is clearly a master tactician.
He's had me fooled (not that hard to do) for many months.

His refusal to play his best team, his refusal to select players, who have performed well, the following week whilst persisting (even promoting to Capt.) others less talented has been a master stroke.

I have criticized him in the past but I now admit that Dougie lives in a different world than the likes of myself.

Freedman is the future. No question.

145Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 21:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Freedman is clearly a master tactician.
He's had me fooled (not that hard to do) for many months.

His refusal to play his best team, his refusal to select players, who have performed well, the following week whilst persisting (even promoting to Capt.) others less talented has been a master stroke.

I have criticized him in the past but I now admit that Dougie lives in a different world than the likes of myself.

Freedman is the future. No question.

lol!

146Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 21:40

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Laughing

147Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 21:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who is the player who should be playing instead of Knight?

148Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 22:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

149Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sat 27 Apr - 23:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I like the all white kit - not sure what Vela is screaming at in the background.

150Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 2:04

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I like the all white kit - not sure what Vela is screaming at in the background.
Something along the lines of oy Chris you greedy bastard you should've let that run through.

151Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 9:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Brilliant results this weekend for us. We didn't play great but could've easily won yesterday. Good goal by Eagles and Pratley should've made it 2-0 really. Bogdan made a couple great saves but I think he should've done better for their goal tbh. Good point though.

Come On You Whites!!!

152Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 14:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Brilliant results this weekend for us. We didn't play great but could've easily won yesterday. Good goal by Eagles and Pratley should've made it 2-0 really. Bogdan made a couple great saves but I think he should've done better for their goal tbh. Good point though.

Come On You Whites!!!

We never play great, I can't remember that last game in which we were worthy winners.

153Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 16:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

154Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 16:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Before the game I am sure most fans would happily have accepted a point. Boggers kept us in it with his early save and the Ricketts/Eagles combo for our opening goal was sublime. We should have had a second but for hitting their goalie instead of lobbing it over him.

Cardiff were better in the 2nd half but Boggy came to the rescue and had a solid game apart from their free kick which evaded him.

What a quality stadium they have. A really big concourse for the away fans with a proper queueing system in place. Their bar staff were wearing Wanderers shirts! They also opened the gates at half time to let the smokers go for a fag.

The Cardiff City stadium will grace the Premiership and I hope their fans enjoy the journey.

155Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 17:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought their hospitality was good. Was talking to one of the stewards all through the game. Was also talking to a couple of their fans on the way up the road, and was told all the away teams are made welcome. Nice touch with the shirts, and the poster shown earlier. Maybe other clubs can take notice. Certainly calms the fans down if their team is losing Smile

156Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 17:27

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cardiff seem to have taken big steps to change their image of a Millwall-esque "scum club" and replace it with a "family club" image. Good on them I say. Hope they stay up next season.

157Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 17:44

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They shouldn't be playing in the English leagues imho.

Piss off and play in your own country.

158Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 17:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:They shouldn't be playing in the English leagues imho.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

159Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 18:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:They shouldn't be playing in the English leagues imho.

Quite right, and lets keep the leagues for British players only. (BDP, you cant have two standards)

160Cardiff v Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff v Bolton Sun 28 Apr - 18:37

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That's a completely different point.

You don't know who plays for us though so I'll let you off.

Thicko.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum