Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religion .

+14
xmiles
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
Keegan
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
WhiteBic
MartinBWFC
Jamster26
scottjames30
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 20:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:While he was in London, who the fuck helped us win in Cardiff?

Very Happy

42Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 20:42

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Were people religious before the year 0AD?
I hate religion, there is clearly no all powerful being, if there is, where is he/she, where does he/she live, what does he/she look like? We know that the big bang theory created our universe. Also, if there was a god, why did he produce dinosaurs for millions of years before us humans evolved?
Religion is a load of bollocks and i get the feeling that it is purely superstition of people fearing going to hell or wanting to believe in an afterlife.

43Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 20:43

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Also, if there is a god, who created god?

44Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 21:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I prayed for victory against PNE in the 2001 play-off final and God delivered.

Gareth Farrelly, Michael Ricketts and Ricardo Gardner delivered, not God.

In answer to your question earlier, "When was the last time you went to church?", I was at a Christening in Rochdale back in November. A big theme of the service was the ignorance of modern-day folk towards God's existence. I couldn't believe the hilarity of a man that devotes his life to a probably mythical character ridiculing others for not doing the same. I don't think people should have to explain why they don't believe in God. I don't believe in God for the same reason that I don't believe in Harry Potter. It should be for Christians to explain why they take the Bible as non-fiction.

I believe religion can be a useful part of people's lives. My grandmother was a lonely woman yet lived a happy life, largely because her religious beliefs were a comfort to her.
If people can take pleasure from the teachings of an old book, it's great. Where the problem lies is when doing so leads people to lose sight of reality. The world has progressed since the Bible was written - a lot more information has come to light and a lot of things are better understood.

But probably the biggest flaw with religion through history has been the varying interpretations. Isn't it ridiculous how many people have agreed that "God"/"The Creator" need be worshipped, and killed each because they couldn't agree on one way to do it?

45Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 21:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What is religion based on? A book? I mean its crazy.

46Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 21:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It never ceases to amaze me the things people can think and say.

genuinely worrying/baffling/scary/disturbing/disheartening.

we need progress people.

47Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 21:19

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The religious people like these cult leaders, catholic priests, etc seem absolute weirdos to me.
I remember at school we watched a video in RE and it had a clip where Rowan Atkinson was being God when everyone is dead and he says "All athiests you go that way, you are off to hell, I bet you all feel silly now". And the RE teacher was nodding his head in agreement. lol.
But I think if there is a god he would be forgiving to those who don't believe because there is no evidence to suggest he exists.

48Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Wed May 15 2013, 22:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There is no rational reason for believing in god but that doesn't stop people believing.

There is no proof of the existence of god.

Religious fanatics are the enemy of everybody. They are dangerous. If people want to believe weird stuff that doesn't bother me unless they try to impose their weird beliefs and customs on other people.

49Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 16:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've got that wrong. Religious people are "perfect" and if you're not like them, they'll "pray" for you.

thanks, if only i was as perfect as you, think how great that would be.

progress.

50Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 16:39

xmiles wrote:There is no rational reason for believing in god but that doesn't stop people believing.

Religious fanatics are the enemy of everybody. They are dangerous. If people want to believe weird stuff that doesn't bother me unless they try to impose their weird beliefs and customs on other people.

I'm religious (catholic) and have also studied other faiths like islam. They are very similar to be honest with one or two minor discrepencies.

The way i treat religion is mainly to treat people how i would like to be treated, although my halo does slip from time to time! (thats a joke, i am in no way an angel, maybe a hells angel, nah, i had a shave yesterday!)

i'm not a god botherer, i don't go to church EVERY week, i don' pray for people is they don't beleive but enjoy having intelligent conversations about it and don't force it on people.

I'll be the first to admit that religion causes more problems than it solves though, like has already been mentioned wars etc. And it is due to people being devout and extreme about it.

The christians in america that where on that louis theroux thing in america who picket the deceased soldiers funerals though need locking up. That really is disgusting.

51Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Of course there is. Do you think man just hatched from an egg one sunny morning?

52Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 17:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Of course there is. Do you think man just hatched from an egg one sunny morning?

So where did God come from? And the raw materials with which to build the world in six days? From what did he make man?

53Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 17:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:

It's folk like you who go around saying Santa Claus is fake as well, cunts.Very Happy

54Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 17:37

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The bible is the best selling book of all time, it's just a massive con! If you are a believer then more fool you.

55Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 18:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christopher Hitchens ( RIP ) sums it up perfectly.

https://youtu.be/3pJ-rWaEyw0

56Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 19:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

So where did God come from? And the raw materials with which to build the world in six days? From what did he make man?[/quote]

I have no idea, he hasn't let me know yet.

But surely someone had to create life? It doesn't just appear.

57Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 19:22

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

But who created that somebody that created life?

58Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 19:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:But who created that somebody that created life?

Another God.

59Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 19:26

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I might believe in that one then or the Sikh elephant one, not quite sure yet.

60Religion . - Page 3 Empty Re: Religion . Thu May 16 2013, 19:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all about faith - none of us will know the truth until we die. But the true believers will be rewarded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum