Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BP: Justice?

+8
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Leeds_Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Angry Dad
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BP: Justice? Empty BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 10:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BP are asking the UK government to appeal to the US on their behalf to stop the flood of compensation claims coming in from the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster in 2010. They reckon over 50% are fake claims but the US government is forcing them to pay up anyway.

This is brilliant.

For years BP have fleeced us at the pumps, my local BP station actually paid the petrol station opposite to shut down so they could monopolise the local petrol market.

I hope BP go bust. Will you join me in laughing at them?

2BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 10:51

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Loads of people will lose their jobs if BP go bust.

So it's not very funny tbh.

3BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Loads of people will lose their jobs if BP go bust.

So it's not very funny tbh.

True, but I'm sure you can see the irony of BP claiming they're being ripped off.

4BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 10:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

yes

5BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 11:07

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tesco do the same.

i know a Lad who lived in Kent, in a shop with his mum and dad, they also did other stuff like produce their own eggs and have a milk round, serve hot/cold take away food etc - it was a striving business if im honest.

2 years ago, a Tesco local opened up literally on top of the shop. His parents got a nice letter from Tesco asking him to sell the shop to them for about 30K less than the minimum market value - he refused.

A few weeks later, after the store had opened, 2 of Tesco's top UK directors turned up to see him and told him, in no uncertain terms - that unless he sells up and moves on, They will ruin him. so he did.

Its now an overflow carpark for the new Tesco Local store...

True story.

6BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 11:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Tesco do the same.

i know a Lad who lived in Kent, in a shop with his mum and dad, they also did other stuff like produce their own eggs and have a milk round, serve hot/cold take away food etc - it was a striving business if im honest.

2 years ago, a Tesco local opened up literally on top of the shop. His parents got a nice letter from Tesco asking him to sell the shop to them for about 30K less than the minimum market value - he refused.

A few weeks later, after the store had opened, 2 of Tesco's top UK directors turned up to see him and told him, in no uncertain terms - that unless he sells up and moves on, They will ruin him. so he did.

True story.

I don't doubt it's true. Shocking really.

7BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 11:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Tesco do the same.

True story.
Cunts.

8BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 12:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tesco are renowned for ruining local businesses though.

As Part of my work I deal with a convenience chain store that is owned by Tesco. Tesco bought them a few years ago.

they basically find a village or local shop Thats doing well - by it and turn it in to a convenience store (im sure you have all seen 'one stop' shops - them are the ones.)

If they cant get the shop, they buy land very close and open a 'Tesco local' instead.

They have a monopoly over the convenience store market, due to the massive financial backing they have.

The thing is - its not the UK that benefits, they are registered by an offshore holding company - this saves them from putting almost 1Bn a year in to the pot. So, not only are they actively destroying local business (ones that are paying taxes, usually as a 'sole trader' thus paying more in) they are actually taking money from the UK as a whole.

I suppose there employees pay income tax on earnings, but Tesco will pay the bare minimum to staff anyway (compared to Lidl who pay more than £2 above min wage) so they recoup this tax back in to the business and through the holding company.

I refuse to shop there. buy local where you can.

9BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 16:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tesco is great, just started stocking lucky charms too so it's not all bad.

rice crispy squares are always in stock too.

10BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 16:23

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Tesco is great, just started stocking lucky charms too so it's not all bad.

rice crispy squares are always in stock too.
They also have BN'sin now.

11BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 16:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh do they! I'll have a look next time.

12BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 16:26

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh do they! I'll have a look next time.

Aye. only chocolate and vanila atm, didn't see any jam ones, but I hope they do sometime soon.

13BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You pair of ignorant twats.

I hope Tesco build a new store on your house. While you're in it.

14BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 17:00

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What can I say, I love lucky chamrs and BN biscuits. Also love been able to spend my club points on days out. Do you get club points shopping at pound land Nat? Maybe you don't and that is why you are hating on us.

15BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 17:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:What can I say, I love lucky chamrs and BN biscuits. Also love been able to spend my club points on days out. Do you get club points shopping at pound land Nat? Maybe you don't and that is why you are hating on us.

I am strictly a Waitrose customer. I do use Poundland for Twirls and Pepsi though.

16BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 17:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I still have a milkman and use the local Family butchers for all my meat. it's a bit dearer than the big supermarkets but at least you know it recently came from an abattoir. In the last ten years we have lost five family butchers and once they are gone they are gone for good.

17BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 22:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tesco apparently bought the Ridgeway pub in Adlington but struggling to do out with it cos it's a listed building! Bowens master pie makers in Adders have opened a new shop next door but one and the shop is always jammers when I go past cos the pies are top drawer!!

18BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Thu May 16 2013, 23:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

In the last ten years we have lost five family butchers and once they are gone they are gone for good.

Sorry for your loss. May they RIP.
And don't worry about them being gone for good, the soul lives on forever.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

19BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Fri May 17 2013, 06:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote: the soul lives on forever.

Speaking of sole, we no longer have a fishmonger in our town. I have to traipse to Asda or Morrisons to get my wet fish.

20BP: Justice? Empty Re: BP: Justice? Fri May 17 2013, 09:01

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Biggie wrote: the soul lives on forever.

Speaking of sole, we no longer have a fishmonger in our town. I have to traipse to Asda or Morrisons to get my wet fish.

True.

Are you a Boltoner trotter?

The fishmongers on Bolton market are good, i buy my salmon fillets and tuna steak there, again - not the cheapest, but you know you its good quality and fresh.

Meat (including bacon and sausage) should only be purchased from a butchers. Supermarket stuff is over processed and preserved shite...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum