Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the age of chivalry dead?

+5
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Like most on here (and perhaps we are similar in age and outlook) I try to be polite and attentive to the women that have been in my life.

The current Mrs Sluffy is a little bit younger than me and is more 'independent' than most of the other women I had been out with over the years. She wants to spend her own money at times - which seems a bit nonsensical to me because at the end of the day it is 'our' money - joint accounts and all that - but she feels happier doing it that way, so I'm happy if it makes her happy.

My step daughter (who is still in full time education) is always given money for her to be independent and non reliant on her date and uses her own judgement when to be 'treated' by her current bf and when to pay her way.

As a general observation from a distance by me, the ones who seem to be the most polite and generous to her seem also to be the more respectful and pleasanter youths than those who seem happy to take her money from her. However this is not a measure of which boys she prefers the most unfortunately!

22Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 14:20

OneOinCoyle wrote:So basically you are saying you were with him because he paid for stuff, and when he stopped paying for stuff you dumped him.

i was a student struggling to survive and he was earning good money. i could barely afford to eat, he was driving a brand new audi.

when you know someone is struggling would you expect them to go halves at some fancy restaurant YOU picked? if you would then perhaps you are the one with issues.

oh and i don't have any hang ups about my appearance, far from it in fact.

23Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 14:30

OneOinCoyle wrote:
So basically you are saying you were with him because he paid for stuff, and when he stopped paying for stuff you dumped him.

I think you're a bit out of order there, that's not how I read it at all.

24Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 14:59

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I might never be welcome here again but I have to admit I will always pay for everything on a first date, and I fully expect a return for my investment if you know what I mean.

25Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 15:08

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
OneOinCoyle wrote:So basically you are saying you were with him because he paid for stuff, and when he stopped paying for stuff you dumped him.

i was a student struggling to survive and he was earning good money. i could barely afford to eat, he was driving a brand new audi.

when you know someone is struggling would you expect them to go halves at some fancy restaurant YOU picked? if you would then perhaps you are the one with issues.

oh and i don't have any hang ups about my appearance, far from it in fact.

Depends how it is though, if it is a succession of dates then I will pay, if it is a relationship then you should actually talk to each other and decide what you want to do together. He does sound like a cock though and I apologise for the earlier reply if I read it the wrong way.

26Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 15:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent wrote:I might never be welcome here again but I have to admit I will always pay for everything on a first date, and I fully expect a return for my investment if you know what I mean.

Laughing

27Is the age of chivalry dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the age of chivalry dead? Thu Feb 23 2012, 15:59

OneOinCoyle wrote:
Depends how it is though, if it is a succession of dates then I will pay, if it is a relationship then you should actually talk to each other and decide what you want to do together. He does sound like a cock though and I apologise for the earlier reply if I read it the wrong way.

apology accepted. he was a cock, me dumping him wasn't because he stopped paying for me, it was when he started taking me for granted he was shown the door.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum