Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What makes you shed a few tears?

+11
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
waynagain
Hip Priest
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
bwfc71
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What makes you shed a few tears? Empty What makes you shed a few tears? Sun Jun 09 2013, 22:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well apart from a few tears at a funeral or two there is only one thing that makes me blubber every time...

Les Miserables

Whilst being online tonight we were watching the blu-ray of the film and as usual in a couple of places (empty chairs at empty tables and when jean val-jean dies at the end) I end up blubbering.

2What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Sun Jun 09 2013, 22:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Child and animal cruelty gets to me

3What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 00:00

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watching old film footage of both World Wars seeing the deaths of young British soldiers.

But this gets to me the most

4What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 02:12

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

"Captain my Captain" scene at the end of Dead Poet's Society where they all stand on their desks,never fails. Schindler's List ending where Holocaust survivors remember and pay tribute to Oscar Schindler.

5What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 02:23

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stubbing my toe and the end of 'Old Yeller'

6What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 06:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Stubbing my toe and the end of 'Old Yeller'
Pain never makes me cry but I'm a sucker for certain emotive stimuli - including Old Yeller (the dog dies as I remember?) They tend to be around what could be described as being "old fashioned values" i.e. love, loyalty, bravery, overcoming adversity, dealing with loss and despair etc. - any visual media with them in gets me twitching.
Had a tear in my eye at my work colleague/friends wedding the other weekend - she really looked like she loves the guy. Of course as a bloke I avoided eye contact with anyone whilst I sorted it out.
I can't decide whether being sensitive to these particular stimuli is because I was brought up with the likes of Disney/Hollywood - or whether it comes from something else and it just happens that Disney and Hollywood know exactly how to tap into it. Chicken/egg nature/nurture thing.

7What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 10:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can remember shedding a tear at the end of a film called The Champ. Jon Voight played a boxer and his son was played by a young Ricky Schroeder. Fay Dunaway who played the mother left them when Ricky was a baby but then comes back into their lives and alters the dynamics. Very sad film.

8What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 12:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never cried at a film...I cant remember the last time I cried I think I must have been a child

9What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 13:01

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Remembering the Aberfan disaster. Crying or Very sad

10What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

child abuse makes my blood boil, i did cry when the stories about baby P came out.

11What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Nuggy wants to "experiment" in the bedroom.

12What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 13:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When i'm chopping strong onions .

13What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:When Nuggy wants to "experiment" in the bedroom.

Does he have a chemistry set on the bedside table then?

Bet he makes stink bombs for a laugh.

14What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 14:19

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reading Scotts posts.

15What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 14:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was a kid I once got my foreskin caught in my zip. If I tried to move the zip it hurt so I asked my mum to sort it out. She did. One violent tug of the zip later I was free albeit bleeding everywhere. I shed a few tears then.

16What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:28

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Listening to "Thunderchild" on Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds album, really strange but there it is. Oh and being punched on the listeners.

17What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Listening to "Thunderchild" on Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds album, really strange but there it is. Oh and being punched on the listeners.

I loved the War of the Worlds album and Thunderchild was a cracker. Richard Burton was a brilliant narrator.

https://youtu.be/-reAahY1GCE

18What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:46

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Shaving your pubes, and nearly chopping your cock off, that brings a tear to your eyes. What makes you shed a few tears? 3406120456

19What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:47

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Listening to "Thunderchild" on Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds album, really strange but there it is. Oh and being punched on the listeners.

I loved the War of the Worlds album and Thunderchild was a cracker. Richard Burton was a brilliant narrator.

https://youtu.be/-reAahY1GCE

Just playing it now, great tune. What makes you shed a few tears? 2172327594

20What makes you shed a few tears? Empty Re: What makes you shed a few tears? Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see you are going for the Gary Lineker look, at the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum