Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tip Wankers

+16
Dinae Moe Humm
Lyric Todkill
bwfc71
Triumph
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Angry Dad
scottjames30
waynagain
Norpig
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Tip Wankers Empty Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had a quick lunch with a couple of friends in Manchester City Centre. The bill came to £43, and as I had £45 in cash on me I gave the waitress a £2 tip.

Amazingly she gave me a look as if to say "is that all you tight bitch". I took the £2 back and spoke to the manager.

Have we now got to a point that waiters/waitresses not only expect a tip, but they expect a minimum amount? The service was nothing special and she got one of the orders wrong, yet she still expected a tip.

What is your attitude towards tipping? Do you tip regardless of the standard of service?

2Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My attitude towards tipping is that it's bollocks. You've already contributed to labour costs in the price of the meal.

3Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I only tip when on holiday abroad, I don't do it over here as I can't say I have ever had that good of a service from any waiter who has served me.

It's pretty much a given to tip in countries like Spain or America but their waiters seem to be much more friendly and at least have a smile when serving you.

4Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 14:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I generally round it up to the nearest fiver (Like Nat did above) 

Or if I pay on my card, unless I get prompted to tip (they get £2) they don't get one. 

unless I have some change on me, il leave it on the table when I go.

5Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 14:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You tight bastards.

I normally tip 10% but will leave less or nothing if the service is poor. I also try to leave cash as that way you can be sure the staff actually get it.

I have to admit that I wish tipping was handled the way the French do it: service is included in the bill and you should never leave more than the loose change if you want to do so. In America it's really bad. They expect 20% and people get pursued out of restaurants if they leave nothing.

6Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i normally leave a tip if i go out for a meal but wouldn't tip as much as 10%. A lof of places include a service charge now even if its just for two people, which i don't agree with as this tends to be 10%. I'm probably similar to others and will round it up to the next £5-10.

7Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:26

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

In the USA a waiter/waitress only gets paid about 3 dollars an hour (less than 2 pounds) and it is expected that they make tips. In fact, the incometax people will add 5 dollars an hour to the amount of salary declared and then estimate the taxes due on 8 dollars an hour.
Some bars and restaurants don't pay any salary and the employees work only for tips.
I always get accused of 'over tipping' when I'm in England. Once I was in Casa Nostra in Westhoughton with 7 friends and I left a 70 pound tip. The waitress brought it back to me and said I'd made a mistake - I told her I hadn't.

8Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought you had to give them a 20% tip for good service ?

No wonder she gave you a funny look, £2.00 FFS?

9Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Some real tight buggers on here, waitressing is a bastard of a job,  low paid, real bitches for customers the women are the worst by far, i've been to a harvester and seen what they have to put up with, kids making a mess, impatient fuckers,lazy bastards that cant be arsed to get their own refills, nope i feel for them and i will alway's leave at least 10% min, i alway's try to find out if they are mums trying to make ends meet and will at least leave 15 or 20 quid.

10Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Interesting article on BBC site about this very subject:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22846846

11Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You must have a well tight arse nat, it needs loosening a bit.

12Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only a fool gives a healthy tip for poor service.

Perhaps if waiters/waitresses were only tipped for exceptional service they'd know the difference between chips and onion rings.

13Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 16:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm happy to leave a decent tip if the service is good, but I don't like the idea of a service charge being built into the bill as it sometimes is. I used to own a restaurant in Manchester so I know how much work goes into it. Even so, tips should be earned and not taken for granted.

14Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 17:25

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do people tip at the hairdressers too? I do, £2, but to be honest why do we have to? I never got a tip for flipping someone a bean burger. Tipping is crazy to be honest, they get a wage.
I ordered an Indian takeaway recently and it came to £16. I gave the delivery driver £20 and he said "Thanks" and started walking off. I said to him "Hang on, I want my change". The stupid fucking cunt thought I was giving him a £4 tip for driving my fucking dinner over. The bellend.

15Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 17:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Do people tip at the hairdressers too? I do, £2, but to be honest why do we have to? I never got a tip for flipping someone a bean burger. Tipping is crazy to be honest, they get a wage.
I ordered an Indian takeaway recently and it came to £16. I gave the delivery driver £20 and he said "Thanks" and started walking off. I said to him "Hang on, I want my change". The stupid fucking cunt thought I was giving him a £4 tip for driving my fucking dinner over. The bellend.

:biggrin:

I can't believe you tip your hairdresser. Ponce.

16Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 17:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think if the service is good you should at least round it off, like if your happy that the hairdresser has done a good job.

I love leaving a tip.

17Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 17:31

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How the heck do you quote now?

Anyway, Nat - it seems tight if you don't tip at the hairdressers. I also think if you tip them they are more inclined to do a good job for you.

18Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 17:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I only had two pounds left I wouldn't tip though, id be too embarrassed Very Happy

19Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 14 2013, 18:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When you go into a shop and someone has to get an article for you, do you tip ? Probably not. So why do we tip in cafes, etc, but not in shops or supermarkets. People are still running about for you, whether its there and then, or stocking the shelves. I've yet to see someone go to the till and tell them to keep the change. Prices shown are usually for the product, including, wrapping, delivery, or whatever.

As for asking if they are struggling mums, or whatever, AD, and then leaving what they would think is a very big tip, aren't you worried they'll be thinking that you're trying to pick them up? Very Happy

20Tip Wankers Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 15 2013, 07:11

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Never tip never will do, no one ever gave me a tip in my job, Its their chosen profession; next year should be fun as we are going to Vegas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum