Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tip Wankers

+16
Dinae Moe Humm
Lyric Todkill
bwfc71
Triumph
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Angry Dad
scottjames30
waynagain
Norpig
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Tip Wankers - Page 3 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat 22 Jun - 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:We won't be owning any restaurants but the sub-franchises do and will be.  All we are are the head-franchise for the country and let the sub-franchisers open up.  Basically acting like a head-office.

And sorry we don't do discounts, not even for staff!

That's what happens when street food goes corporate.
Nando's is probably the only churrasqueira chain in the world that doesn't give staff discount or corporate deals then. Even the privately-owned back street churrasqueiras in rural Portugal will do a deal for local businesses as the margins on chicken make it a volume-driven business. My "local" one in Rio Maior is rammed with firemen every day as they give 20% discount for the "bombeiros". Quite like Nandos but have to say that the piri piri is a bit unimaginative compared to some of the home made recipes you find all over Portugal (and I believe Brazil although I've only been told about those) Must be the South African influence.
I know Nandos is a highly successful business model, but do you happen to know why they don't do steak, lamb, ham, duck and other meats '71?

42Tip Wankers - Page 3 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun 23 Jun - 2:38

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Would any of you give a tip to thepeople who serve the beer and pies at halftime?

43Tip Wankers - Page 3 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun 23 Jun - 8:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:We won't be owning any restaurants but the sub-franchises do and will be.  All we are are the head-franchise for the country and let the sub-franchisers open up.  Basically acting like a head-office.

Nando's is probably the only churrasqueira chain in the world that doesn't give staff discount or corporate deals then. Even the privately-owned back street churrasqueiras in rural Portugal will do a deal for local businesses as the margins on chicken make it a volume-driven business. My "local" one in Rio Maior is rammed with firemen every day as they give 20% discount for the "bombeiros". Quite like Nandos but have to say that the piri piri is a bit unimaginative compared to some of the home made recipes you find all over Portugal (and I believe Brazil although I've only been told about those) Must be the South African influence.
I know Nandos is a highly successful business model, but do you happen to know why they don't do steak, lamb, ham, duck and other meats '71?

For all I know it is just ourselves that do not give discounts mainly because of the higher pay the staff gets (thanks to the CAO - Dutch Union), plus we are cheap enough as the business model is just building up. Who knows that may change in teh future but for now that rule stays as it is. Not too sure what Nando's in other countries do.

We are very much a niche restaurant chain in that we only deal with chicken and vegetarian meals, with the various herbs and spices. Anyway, in Amsterdam, and The Netherlands in general, there are many steak houses and other restaurants that deal with red-meat, therefore chicken meals are very much a minority hence filling that niche.

44Tip Wankers - Page 3 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun 23 Jun - 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

For all I know it is just ourselves that do not give discounts mainly because of the higher pay the staff gets (thanks to the CAO - Dutch Union), plus we are cheap enough as the business model is just building up.  Who knows that may change in teh future but for now that rule stays as it is.  Not too sure what Nando's in other countries do.

We are very much a niche restaurant chain in that we only deal with chicken and vegetarian meals, with the various herbs and spices.  Anyway, in Amsterdam, and The Netherlands in general, there are many steak houses and other restaurants that deal with red-meat, therefore chicken meals are very much a minority hence filling that niche.

See what you're saying, but my understanding was that Nandos started off in SA when a local businessman went into partnership with a Portuguese street churras. BBQd chicken is commonplace but the USP is the piri piri. In Portugal they do tend to focus on "frango" (chicken piri piri) but they do BBQ other meat with piri piri - and in Brazil they'll piri piri anything they can catch.
The Nandos model is successful so I wouldn't question it but I was just wondering why they limit it to chicken when the sauce works and is traditionally used with other meats too.
I guess the analogy is opening a cheese shop that just sells Cheddar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum