Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tip Wankers

+16
Dinae Moe Humm
Lyric Todkill
bwfc71
Triumph
gloswhite
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Angry Dad
scottjames30
waynagain
Norpig
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 15 2013, 10:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Gloss, they are alway's very happy and i can tell the mums from the girls and yes iv'e actually had bloody phone numbers on bills even though they know i'm with someone, i'm a sucker for a hard working milf.

22Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 15 2013, 21:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're a bad man AD. Keep up the good work Very Happy  (Don't forget though, every big tip you give, puts your move to the States back a step)

23Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 02:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Here in UK and NL I tend to round-up to the nearest 5 - mainly as I dont want my wallet and pockets overladen with coins.

US is a different story as a tip is actually part and parcel no matter how good ro bad the service has been.  As Wayne pointed out bar and restaurant staff only get $2.76/hour and tips are adeed to make a more realistic wage.  If anything it isn't a tip its more like a service tax you are giving to the waiter/waitress.  PLus when I first went to the States the "tip" expected was only 10% and that was back in the late 1980's.  Nowadays its more like 22.5% - which I think is completely wrong as 10% should be the highest amount.

24Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 06:44

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Only a fool gives a healthy tip for poor service.

Perhaps if waiters/waitresses were only tipped for exceptional service they'd know the difference between chips and onion rings.

who is your avatar, nat?

25Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 10:06

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

What I don't understand about tipping in restaurants is that it's generally calculated as a % of the bill. Which is basically unfair to a waiter/waitress at a restaurant where the food is cheaper because they'll be doing the same amount of work and may even provide better service but will get less of a tip under this system.

Also, I don't get why say a £10 tip on a £50 bill looks generous but then a £10 tip on a £200 bill looks stingy. Why should they give a shit what the bill came to, they just got a £10 tip? 

I think a better way would be to tip on a 'per plate' basis. You order more stuff, the waiter has to carry more plates, so they get a bigger tip. Or, just pay them a proper wage, add it to the price of the food and then not have this stupid custom of tipping. At least we don't live in the states. You buy a coffee that's a dollar tip, you buy a beer at a bar that's a dollar tip for every drink. Why? They're just doing their job, they shouldn't be rewarded every single time!

26Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 16:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha: "I'll give you a tip. Get a proper job."
Waitress: "If you were twice as funny, you'd be a wit."

27Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 17:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian,
 a  Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a
 Hawaiian, a Puerto Rican and an Alaskan), an Argentinean, a
 Dane, an Australian, a Slovak, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a
 Moroccan,  two Frenchmen, a New  Zealander, a Slovenian, a
 Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a  Colombian, a  Pakistani,
 a Malaysian, a Croatian, a Uzbek, a Cypriot, three Poles, a
 Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman
 Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, a Uruguayan, a
 Czech, an  Icelander, four Mexicen, a Finn, a Honduran, a
 Panamanian, an  Andorran, an  Israeli, five Venezuelans, an
 Iranian, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a  Syrian, a
 Brazilian, a Portuguese, a  Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a
 Hungarian, two Canadians, a Moldovan, a Haitian, a Norfolk
 Islander, a Macedonian, four Bolivians, a Cook Islander,  a
 Tajikistani, a Samoan, an  Armenian, an Aruban, an Albanian,
 a  Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian,
 a  Bahamian, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian,
 a Canadian, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean,
 a Jamaican, a  Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, a Ecuadorian,
 a Costa Rican, two Swedes, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a
 Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian,
 two South  Africans,  an Iraqi, a Saudi, a Kuwaiti, a Barbadan,
 a Trinidadian; a Kenyan, a Ghanian, a Nigerian, and a Senegalese
 walk into a fine dining restaurant.
 "I'm sorry," says the maitre d' after scrutinizing the group,
 "You can't come in here without a Thai."

28Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 17:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

29Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 21:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like to leave a rather large tips if it's a nice looking girl, it's the only way i can get women to

A) look at me

B) smile at me

C) talk to me.

Table for one?

30Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sun Jun 16 2013, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon your lack of enthusiasm could be your problem. I can imagine some pretty girl coming up to you and you saying "meh" and walking off to send a Tweet.

31Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:23

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:How the heck do you quote now?

Anyway, Nat - it seems tight if you don't tip at the hairdressers. I also think if you tip them they are more inclined to do a good job for you.
I only tip the hairdresser if she's rubs her fanny against my elbow!

32Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More Greece to your elbow! (sic)

33Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 21 2013, 05:51

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:Here in UK and NL I tend to round-up to the nearest 5 - mainly as I dont want my wallet and pockets overladen with coins.

US is a different story as a tip is actually part and parcel no matter how good ro bad the service has been.  As Wayne pointed out bar and restaurant staff only get $2.76/hour and tips are adeed to make a more realistic wage.  If anything it isn't a tip its more like a service tax you are giving to the waiter/waitress.  PLus when I first went to the States the "tip" expected was only 10% and that was back in the late 1980's.  Nowadays its more like 22.5% - which I think is completely wrong as 10% should be the highest amount.
In some restaurants in England they have a tip 'pot' where all the tips from the evening go and are then split equally between the waiter/waitresses at the end of the night. The problem there is that somebody who isn't as good as another server gets smaller tips because of the service, but still gets the same tips as the better servers!

34Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 21 2013, 22:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

waynagain wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Here in UK and NL I tend to round-up to the nearest 5 - mainly as I dont want my wallet and pockets overladen with coins.

In some restaurants in England they have a tip 'pot' where all the tips from the evening go and are then split equally between the waiter/waitresses at the end of the night. The problem there is that somebody who isn't as good as another server gets smaller tips because of the service, but still gets the same tips as the better servers!

Yep that happens in most bars in most countries in Europe and also happens in Australia.

In fact in The Netherlands bar staff/waitering is very much a professional job with a decent wage and higher vakantiegeld than most other professions. The wage for staff in Nando's in Holland has to comply to CAO rules and that means its almost twice as much as the wage for Nando staff in the UK!!!

35Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 21 2013, 23:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mate won some money on his scratch card, around £75 or £100 quid.

He said when they were sorting his money out 'in asda' some asda employee came over and stood next to him shaking a charity box on the top next to the lotto desk, he put a tenner in it.

36Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Fri Jun 21 2013, 23:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't have put anything in cos of the way they did it!

37Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 22 2013, 08:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I wouldn't have put anything in cos of the way they did it!

I agree with BoltonTillIDie - that was just wrong and, in fact, I would have made a point of not putting in, and why.

38Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 22 2013, 10:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Yep that happens in most bars in most countries in Europe and also happens in Australia.

In fact in The Netherlands bar staff/waitering is very much a professional job with a decent wage and higher vakantiegeld than most other professions.  The wage for staff in Nando's in Holland has to comply to CAO rules and that means its almost twice as much as the wage for Nando staff in the UK!!!

When does your Nando's restaurant open? Will you be giving discount to Bolton Nuts members?

39Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 22 2013, 12:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We won't be owning any restaurants but the sub-franchises do and will be.  All we are are the head-franchise for the country and let the sub-franchisers open up.  Basically acting like a head-office.

And sorry we don't do discounts, not even for staff!

40Tip Wankers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tip Wankers Sat Jun 22 2013, 12:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:We won't be owning any restaurants but the sub-franchises do and will be.  All we are are the head-franchise for the country and let the sub-franchisers open up.  Basically acting like a head-office.

And sorry we don't do discounts, not even for staff!

Have a re-think, Whittam Internationl plc could put a lot of business your way - it's full of larger than life people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum