Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion

+12
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Barryjw
rammywhite
Lyric Todkill
NickFazer
Born to be a wanderer
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
observer
16 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:01

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

From Nixon on the Mirror:

Rodgers will also sell Jay Spearing, back from a loan season at Bolton, for around £3m.

What do you think he is worth to us (if we can get him... and I would save money for Dawson first, if he is quietly available to us).

2Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think he is worth £3m to us.

He livened up in the final few months, but spent the majority of the season struggling to make a real impact.

3Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not worth spending money on. Better than what we have, but signing Chris Amos would improve the current side.

4Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:24

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently, we want Spearing back on loan, which imo, we have no chance of this happening. Liverpool need the funds, so they will want to sell him.

Spearing isn't over priced at £3 million, but realistically, we won't be paying that for him.

5Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:28

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I would if money available.Dawson comes and freedman plays knight and Dawson instead of Wheater.Plus Spearing plays with Medo I suppose it depends on what formation DF is trying as he has said he wants Eagles behind the main striker.If that's the case Holden will play right midfield,CYL left midfield Eagles behind,N,gog,Sordell,orDavies.Wheater was always similar to Dawson.Although Dawson I'd snap up if possible as Mills looks like he is going to Leeds we would only have Ream as cover.

6Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:31

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would expect a Premier League side to be interested for that fee. I would like us to sign him but would prefer Dawson.

7Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:33

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There aren't many clubs buying in that range

Big deals or for free

8Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 15:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd try and get him. Him and Medo would be a formidable partnership . I think he contributed a lot towards the end of the season.

That's if we 've got £3m- or can raise it by selling one of our so called 'strikers'

9Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 15:53

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Performances picked once he established a partnership with Medo. We may have to wait until 31st August tho'

10Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing was voted Player of the Year by the fans. £3 million is not a great deal of money but I can see Hull paying that for him.

11Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Spearing was voted Player of the Year by the fans. £3 million is not a great deal of money but I can see Hull paying that for him.

Best of a bad bunch, no one really deserved to win it.

12Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:29

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:Spearing was voted Player of the Year by the fans. £3 million is not a great deal of money but I can see Hull paying that for him.
I've read that Spearing would prefer Premiership football, which is fair enough. I think Hull is a possible destination as well.

13Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Mon Jun 24 2013, 07:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It doesn't seem a lot of money compared to the heady days of the Megson and Allardyce eras, but we have to cut our cloth to suit now. Would have loved Jay to become a Wanderer, not just to consolidate midfield but for his attitude. His performances convinced me that he really wanted to play for the team and we could do with that level of commitment all over the park.
I honestly think he's better value than Holden at the moment although I still hope Stu will get it together.

14Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Mon Jun 24 2013, 08:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

WL
I concur with your comments and I still live with a glimmer of hope re. Holden.

15Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:19

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If he goes to Hull he will be in Championship in 12 months!!!!

16Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Tue Jun 25 2013, 02:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Offer 1 Million ..... he's worth that surely....plus he knows us and still close to home.  He knows Doog will play him regular. It's a fit IMO.

17Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Tue Jun 25 2013, 04:59

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why would we want somebody who Coyle signed?
Don't you all know that Coyle only signed schite players?

18Jay Spearing $$$$$$  Your opinion Empty Re: Jay Spearing $$$$$$ Your opinion Tue Jun 25 2013, 07:17

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I like Spearing and he would make a good young Captain. £3m is not a lot of money for most clubs, unfortunatley it is for us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum