Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing

+12
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Triumph
Born to be a wanderer
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 12:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:1.5 mill is peanuts even for a good backup player.  Are we interested in going up to the Prem or not. This lad wants to play for us.....lives local, still young and is a decent player to boot. What else do you want for that price?

Absolutely spot on Terenceanne.
I can't understand Doogies thinking on this. It's a no brainer- he'd be a cracking buy at that price.
Mavies is generally injured. Holden is always injured Pratley doesn't impress- and that leaves Medo to hold the middle of the park together

22Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 13:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WHO WROTE WHAT ON BOLTON NUTS WHEN SPEARING FIRST CAME TO BWFC?

Dougie has always stated he has plans that don't include Spearing or Dawson for that matter.
What surprises me is the reaction to us not signing him. So just for a laugh, have a look at the comments below when it was first mentioned Coyle was going to sign Spearing (initially we tried to buy him for £3 million) and guess (don't cheat) who said what.....

First those that reckoned that Spearing would be a good move...

"Seeing as the Sanchez deal fell through for this role Spearing seems a natural choice and could become very important. I think Spearing could do a job for us. He's still young too ...23?"

"Spearing is exactly the sort of player we need after losing NRC and Muamba"

"Good news, I think he will do well for us and to be honest we need someone with experience to come in and stabilize the middle of the park."

"Just what we needed someone to get stuck the fuck in. Just shouted from the top of an Ice rink in France get in there"

...and the doubters....

"IMO he looks and plays like a poor mans Danny Murphy. I'll be honest I'm not bothered.
He's just bang average. Look what happened to Pompey, thats what will happen to us if we "speculate" on average players like Spearing"

"Which bench will he be warming?"

"He doesn't look big enough to warm a bike seat up never mind a bench"

"Jay Spearing would be a typically underwhelming Coyle signing"

"We only sign players who nobody else wants"

"As the BEN puts its "Liverpool Star" Spearing can't crack their first 11 but good enough for us apparently?"

"LOL, Jay Spearing. What a joke. I can see Bolton going down this season. Spearing or Kazim-Richards???? LOL."

...last one is a bit of a giveaway. Very Happy

Last edited by wanderlust on Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:10; edited 1 time in total

23Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 15:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

According to Dougie some of the prices being branded about for Jay are off the mark and he is out of our price range:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 15:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So fess up Aaron - which of the quotes above is yours?

25Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Theirs enough clowns asking him silly questions without me adding to it...Dougie must cringe with some of the questions he has been asked on twitter.

26Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Theirs enough clowns asking him silly questions without me adding to it...Dougie must cringe with some of the questions he has been asked on twitter.

No - I meant the comments posted on Bolton Nuts by us lot (see POST 22 above) Can you remember what you wrote when it was announced we'd be loaning Spearing?

27Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Spearing would be rubbish personally.

always thought he was just a plodder.

proved me wrong though so thats always good.

28Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

wanderlust wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Theirs enough clowns asking him silly questions without me adding to it...Dougie must cringe with some of the questions he has been asked on twitter.

No - I meant the comments posted on Bolton Nuts by us lot (see POST 22 above) Can you remember what you wrote when it was announced we'd be loaning Spearing?

It was probably the one calling him a poor mans danny murphy but tas it? "Spearing is exactly the sort of player we need after losing NRC and Muamba"

29Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 17:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Losing Spearing isn't the end of the world, but £1.5m seems a steady investment that it's a shame to miss out on.

30Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Thu Jul 11 2013, 16:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

According to Nixon, we are trying to tie up a deal for a loan foreign attacker and we are also still monitoring the Spearing situation.

We want him on loan again ideally but DF doesn't want him going to Rovers.

31Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Thu Jul 11 2013, 16:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Loan foreign attacker" sounds like the death knell for the Rhodes deal to me - unless it's another friggin' winger.

32Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Thu Jul 11 2013, 17:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:According to Nixon, we are trying to tie up a deal for a loan foreign attacker and we are also still monitoring the Spearing situation.

Football suicide, If Spearing decides to join Rovers.

33Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Thu Jul 11 2013, 17:07

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:"Loan foreign attacker" sounds like the death knell for the Rhodes deal to me - unless it's another friggin' winger.
I think we might find out over the weekend, who the foreign striker is. I don't think he's an household name, but he can play upfront and out wide. This potential signing, won't get in the way of trying to sign Rhodes, btw.

34Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 08:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:According to Nixon, we are trying to tie up a deal for a loan foreign attacker and we are also still monitoring the Spearing situation.

Football suicide, If Spearing decides to join Rovers.

As much as I like Spearing, with Holden starting to show some form and fitness I can understand why Dougie is keeping his money in his pocket,

35Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 08:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:"Loan foreign attacker" sounds like the death knell for the Rhodes deal to me - unless it's another friggin' winger.
I think we might find out over the weekend, who the foreign striker is. I don't think he's an household name, but he can play upfront and out wide. This potential signing, won't get in the way of trying to sign Rhodes, btw.

So is this likely to be instead of Sammy Ameobi then? Or as well as?

36Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 08:09

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Let's be straight about this. Beckford, Ameobi, Austin, Rhodes, Spearing. - in reality, none of us has a bleedin' clue what's going on and Dougie isn't stupid enough to tell us.
So- I'm giving up on all the speculation until I see someone having his photo taken with the white shirt on

37Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 11:10

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

So is this likely to be instead of Sammy Ameobi then? Or as well as?
Instead of, it's one or the other.

38Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 12:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS may have been given a glimmer of hope in their efforts to land Jay Spearing.

Despite Blackburn agreeing a £1.75million fee for the tenacious midfielder earlier this week sources close to the player claim he is not keen on a move to Ewood Park, prompting Rovers boss Gary Bowyer to look elsewhere.

Spearing still wants to play in the Premier League and could hold out for offers until later in the transfer window. And that could give the Whites further time to raise cash for a permanent move or convince Liverpool to allow the 24-year-old back out on loan.

Spearing was hoping to have his future sorted by the start of pre-season but now looks set to fly with the Reds for their tour of Australasia, which starts next week.
If a top-flight offer is not forthcoming then it is understood Wanderers would be his preferred destination – but that could hinge on them coming up with the cash for an acceptable bid.

Freedman has made no secret of the fact he wants the Anfield youth product back on the books in some capacity next season, but said earlier in the week that Liverpool’s asking price was too high.
Spearing is in the final year of his contract and has been told by Brendan Rogers that he will not figure in his first team plans this season.

Meanwhile, there seems no end in sight to the transfer saga involving Jermaine Beckford with sources in Leicester claiming he is no nearer securing a severance package with the club. Furthermore, it is thought that the Foxes are again demanding a fee for the 29-year-old, just a week after they were prepared to let him leave on a free transfer.

Wanderers have stepped back from the matter to allow the player and his club to do battle. But while Freedman sounded confident that the deal would go through when he spoke to The Bolton News last week, he might well be reluctant to let it drag on into the new season.

Bizarrely, some reports yesterday linked Wanderers with a move for Beckford’s strike partner Martyn Waghorn – but it appears there is no chance of Freedman making a bid for the former England Under-21 man.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The plot thickens...

40Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 14:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's a bloody merry go round and it's the same every year before the new season starts. I notice Rooney has been sent home from pre season in Thailand because of a hamstring injury. Out for a month according to radio reports.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum