Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much is your weekly food/drink shop?

+7
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
Angry Dad
Michael Bolton
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was talking to people about this and people's weekly food/drink shop varies so much. One girl I worked with managed to get a week's food and drink for her family of 4 for £40. I couldn't believe it. One of my good friends spends £150 a week on her, her hubby and 3 year old kid.
I am single and spend about £90 a week on food and drink for myself. I am thinking maybe I need to try and cut this down. 

How much do you spend a week on your shop - and for how many people is that? 
Any tips on how to cut down the weekly food/drink bill?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ours is about 250 but there are 8 of us on and off depending where some stay mates and girlfriends my oldest is 23 and still at home.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Apparently it's 300 with midweek shopping ive just been told.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:I was talking to people about this and people's weekly food/drink shop varies so much. One girl I worked with managed to get a week's food and drink for her family of 4 for £40. I couldn't believe it. One of my good friends spends £150 a week on her, her hubby and 3 year old kid.
I am single and spend about £90 a week on food and drink for myself. I am thinking maybe I need to try and cut this down. 

How much do you spend a week on your shop - and for how many people is that? 
Any tips on how to cut down the weekly food/drink bill?
Serious question, have you never tried a full weekly shop at Aldi? We're not skint, but we find you can get loads of stuff from Aldi which is just as good as say Tesco's, Morrisons etc for a fraction of the price.(cooked meats, chicken, minced meat, vegetables, tinned stuff), Aldi also sells award winning wine and Gin and also sells great German beers, the list is endless.

You might be pleasantly surprised on how much you might save, because £90 a week, for a single person, that seems quite a lot to me. My mate lives on his own and he spends about half of what your spending.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149036/It-s-corker-Red-wine-costing-3-59-sold-Aldi-scoops-international-award.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312917/Bottle-gin-Aldi-costing-just-10-beats-rivals-including-Bombay-Sapphire-Hendricks-taste-test.html

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I spend £80 a month at Iceland - Then probably about £40-£50 at Asda weekly for rest of shopping (including 2 kids pack lunches for school)

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I live on my own and spend about 100 a week, maybe 120 if i get some good wine/beers.

Its pretty excessive but I refuse to buy supermarket shite - chicken breast or beef for example that is 99.2% water and salt or over processed frozen crap.

Meat and chicken come from the butchers, fish from the fishmonger and everything else usually from Asda or sainsburys.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Meat and chicken come from the butchers, fish from the fishmonger and everything else usually from Asda or sainsburys.

I like your style. I'm the same as regards the butcher and the fishmonger. I normally do a fortnightly shop at Asda which sets me back between £150 and £200 but just lately I have been diversifying by shopping in Aldi and it is cheaper than most of the the other big chain supermarkets.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have to admit, ive never shopped at aldi - I popped in once and saw they had some pretty good wine and cheeses.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can pretty much get everything, although a lot of products are their own brands. Their fruit and veg is a lot cheaper than elsewhere as is their wine and beer.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't remember the last time I bought any fish from the fishmonger, because I tend to eat mainly salmon, which I buy from Sainsbury's, but I find that going to the local butchers, really isn't any more expensive than going to the major supermarkets, tbh.

Talking about Aldi, has anyone noticed some of the cars parked up on Aldi's car parks? Mercs, Bmw's even Porsche's. Shocked

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Apparently it's 300 with midweek shopping ive just been told.

HA HA - it's pretty obvious you have a similar attitude to shopping as I do if you have to be told how much is spent.
Our bill is huge, but it's dropped a load since we stopped drinking red wine every day - used to get through 25 bottles a week at £5 to £7 apiece. If we can give up fags it will plummet again, but sadly that's not likely in the foreseeable future.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Apparently it's 300 with midweek shopping ive just been told.

HA HA - it's pretty obvious you have a similar attitude to shopping as I do if you have to be told how much is spent.
Our bill is huge, but it's dropped a load since we stopped drinking red wine every day - used to get through 25 bottles a week at £5 to £7 apiece. If we can give up fags it will plummet again, but sadly that's not likely in the foreseeable future.

25 bottles of red wine a week? Between how many of you? I was in Asda for the first time in donkeys years the other day and they had some alright bottles of white for £4. I normally shop at Tesco and Sainsburys and never seen a bottle of wine for less than a fiver.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just me and the missus.

That's about 12 units apiece isn't it? At least that's what I tell my doctor.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Just me and the missus.

That's about 12 units apiece isn't it? At least that's what I tell my doctor.

Jesus, 25 bottles a week between two of you? You and your missus make Gazza look like a lightweight. Having said that I have always thought a bottle of wine lasts no time at all. I prefer white wine this time of year.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Average £350 per wk, 4 of us.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Average £350 per wk, 4 of us.

Where do you shop ? M & S ?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:Average £350 per wk, 4 of us.

Where do you shop ?  M & S ?

Harrods.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

M&S and Tesco, local shops as well.

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

My missus is terrible, just buys food by the day, i swear it costs more. We live and workn in city centre so suppose its more convenient! I love Aldi btw, shopped there since childhood.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lidl is another good value store but there are not that many about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum