Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should you take a laptop on holiday?

+13
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
Norpig
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Dinae Moe Humm
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Copper Dragon
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Should you take a laptop on holiday? Empty Should you take a laptop on holiday? Thu Jul 18 2013, 23:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I take my laptop when I go away, and use it daily as I would at home. It doesn't stop me doing anything I want to do when I'm in a foreign country, such as walking, swimming, boating, exploring in general.

I think taking a break from it all to catch up with what's going on at home is part of what makes a holiday.

Natasha being the bitch that she is slags off anybody that's posting when they're abroad but I couldn't disagree with her more.

Do you take your laptop with you on holiday?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No - Just use your smart phone if you have one... I presume if you have a laptop then you'll have a smart phone

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:I take my laptop when I go away, and use it daily as I would at home. It doesn't stop me doing anything I want to do when I'm in a foreign country, such as walking, swimming, boating, exploring in general.

I think taking a break from it all to catch up with what's going on at home is part of what makes a holiday.

Natasha being the bitch that she is slags off anybody that's posting when they're abroad but I couldn't disagree with her more.

Do you take your laptop with you on holiday?

Take no notice of that slag. I think you should take your laptop, it is always useful to have the internet available to you, you can look up places to go and see, you can keep up to date with all the football news, you can get in touch with people easily.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:No - Just use your smart phone if you have one... I presume if you have a laptop then you'll have a smart phone

Is that how it's meant to work?

I have a laptop but not a smart phone.

I'm a bloody caveman.

No I wouldn't take my laptop on holiday. Infact I don't want to see a computer or a tele whilst on holiday, as it's a holiday from them as well.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes but we have bought a tablet and now take that with us as it is so much lighter.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have an ipad which I always take away with me. It's great for research if you want to go anywhere, as well as the usual crap. N gave me some grief for posting while away but if the facility is there why not? If N posted whilst away and nobody else did there'd be a case for some grief. Who's to say N has not been posting whilst away under another sign on?Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Xmiles
Do you tether your tablet to a smart phone or use available wi fi?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I usually take my laptop. Whether I should or not is another matter. In my case I run a website as a sideline and have a responsibility to administrate it so I guess I should.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Soul Kitchen wrote:Xmiles
Do you tether your tablet to a smart phone or use available wi fi?

Use available wi-fi (unless the hotel charges for it).

My mobile is ancient and I'm always being nagged about the fact that it's usually off. The next domestic upgrade will no doubt be my wife acquiring a smart phone.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If you get a decent smartphone you can use it as a modem and link it with your tablet. A quick search on the net will sort the method for you. I run an S3 with my ipad when Im stuck. It's much easier to get about on the ipad than my phone, however practice makes perfect!

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I haven't ever taken a laptop on holiday, but now I have a tablet I think I'll be taking that but mainly to pass the time when I'm travelling between places.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't own a laptop and if I did I don't think I would take it abroad. I don't even bother with a phone and I can go days without reading a newspaper. The only time I bother is on a Sunday when I buy a paper just to read the football reports and scores.

I tend to take half a dozen paperbacks on holiday where I can catch up on reading and not worry about the bloody phone ringing and listening to some tw*t trying to sell me double glazing, loft insulation or PPI.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I tend to take half a dozen paperbacks on holiday where I can catch up on reading

Maybe a Kindle or a Kindle app would be great for you?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT, I see there are still Luddites living and walking amongst us ! Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i must be a luddite as well as i don't have a smart phone, laptop or tablet! I will probably need to update my pc soon so you never know i might join the 21st century yet and buy a laptop and/or a tablet

Last edited by Norpig on Fri Jul 19 2013, 12:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have thought about taking it away with me the last 2 times I have been abroad but I go away to get away from everything at home, I just go to get some sun and relax.

All I take is my ipod touch and a book.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Business owners like me take days to wind down and start to get stressed towards the end of the holiday so although I try to minimise use of the laptop when on holiday, I can at least check in for half an hour a day just to put my mind at rest and deal with stuff if required. On balance I find it less stressful to take the barsteward with me.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:RT, I see there are still Luddites living and walking amongst us ! Very Happy

I'm more of an environmentalist than a Luddite. All of these electric gadgets come at a cost to the environment. All powered by lithium batteries which constantly need charging. The more electricity we use the bigger our carbon footprint.

I even make sure that the books I buy are made from paper from renewable sustainable forests.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, I do take my laptop on holiday, as my fingers are far too fat to operate one of those fancy phones.

I bugger off about 4pm on my hols, to a local bar with wifi and sup about 4 pints in an hour, whilst I surf the net. That's one of my holiday highlights when I'm abroad. :drinks:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum