Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nixon..... Dougies not a happy bunny.

+7
observer
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
MartinBWFC
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nixon..... Dougies not a happy bunny. Empty Nixon..... Dougies not a happy bunny. Sat Jul 20 2013, 01:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Apparently according to Nixon somethings not right with Dougies relationship with the board, something to do with the Moritz talks, word is he could walk.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon has said it is "daft talk" no need to worry IMO, I think we're saving our cash for something bigger

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote: we're saving our cash for something bigger

If we don't get this so called big signing now, the fans wont be happy as its just all talk , and getting our hopes up.

So why all the bullshit, talking in riddles ?

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If our board managed to piss off another decent manager to the point they quit then i'll go over there and shove phil gartside up eddie davies's arse. And it wont be pretty

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The board have a duty to make sure the club don't go bankrupt. Maybe Moritz wanted more money than we could afford? We simply have to work within the constraints of a defined budget.

So according to Nixon something is not right with Dougie's relationship with the board.

AND

Nixon says it's daft talk.

Guess he must be covering both bases with this prediction.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:So according to Nixon something is not right with Dougie's relationship with the board.

AND

Nixon says it's daft talk.

Guess he must be covering both bases with this prediction.

Nothing like covering all your bases. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Hobson's Choice etc Rolling Eyes 

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  DF is trying to wheel and deal and I'm sure there is resistance to spending money when you are already in the hole for a heap of it.  That being said, there is a pot at the end of the rainbow that might make it worth it to spend now.  Sort of reminds me of when BSA had bigger ambitions than the board a few years back and he walked away mad.  I hope that does not happen again, as players want to play for DF.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What budget? .... correct me if I'm wrong but we not spent barely a penny yet.  Do they want Prem football at this club with all the riches that come with it.  If so some investment is in order.....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:What budget? .... correct me if I'm wrong but we not spent barely a penny yet.  Do they want Prem football at this club with all the riches that come with it.  If so some investment is in order.....

Know what you mean, but there's nothing wrong with bolstering the squad on the cheap if the quality is there - better than spending on disappointing signings and gambles as we have done in the past. And if there's money to be spent, it's equally important to spend it wisely. This may be about only having money available where we are confident we'll get a good return - after all, we've been bitten before. Agree investment is in order but understand that after recent experiences the club will want to make absolutely sure as possible it's the right investment.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could we see some actual quotes. I.E the actual tweets.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Balance is needed. Good money was thrown at the cause to keep us up, and we were miles off breaking even despite the riches of the PL. Bottom line is, the debt needs paying off. It doesn't matter that it's owed to the owner. 
The only way it can be done is if we start making profit, which can only be achieved with a vastly different business plan. Basically one where the team gets better whilst expenditure is cut. It sounds like a bigger challenge than it is, because we really have been spending great money on utter shite for years.

doffcocker wrote:Balance is needed. Good money was thrown at the cause to keep us up, and we were miles off breaking even despite the riches of the PL. Bottom line is, the debt needs paying off. It doesn't matter that it's owed to the owner. 
The only way it can be done is if we start making profit, which can only be achieved with a vastly different business plan. Basically one where the team gets better whilst expenditure is cut. It sounds like a bigger challenge than it is, because we really have been spending great money on utter shite for years.

Spot on, I hope there's nothing in this report but fans need to be more realistic than saying 'if this club are ambitious they'll chuck money at it' considering how badly spent it's been recently, and how much debt we're in there has to be a curb in spending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum