Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 1-1 Bolton

+21
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
observer
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
chipbutty
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
terenceanne
bwfc71
Sluffy
wessy
Banks of the Croal
NickFazer
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing  he's funny alright, just not hilarious.

122Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hardly my fault if other people think I'm "funny" is it.

one thing i certainly don't do is play a character on here for laughs.

just my own honest opinions and a lot of sarcasm.

123Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:17

scottjames30 wrote:Freeman will walk tonight.

You must be the most fickle fan on here, end of last season you were singing Dougie's praises.

Lose a couple of pre season games and suddenly you can't stop  crying, get a grip.

124Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You must be the most fickle fan on here, end of last season you were singing Dougie's praises.

Lose a couple of pre season games and suddenly you can't stop  crying, get a grip.

Maybe , just maybe I was joking.

Have a think you mug.

125Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 13:11

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Maybe , just maybe I was joking.

Have a think you mug.

Mug? You're not Danny Dyer Scott Laughing 

If it was a joke I apologise, I do get fed up with reading the negativity on here though. I really don't think it was a particularly poor performance yesterday.

126Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 13:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was taking the piss geezer Very Happy 

127Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 14:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Magoo and mike are the funny men what am I?

128Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 14:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:If Magoo and mike are the funny men what am I?

The only gay in the village?

129Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 14:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Your the brains behind the forum.

130Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 14:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Your the brains behind the forum.

That will do Very Happy

131Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 16:41

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This great 'Negativity is bad' - 'Positive is good' thing is disingenuous.

What is important is 'Reality'.

I would love to post that Dougie Freedman has all the makings of a great manager and has put together a great squad that looks like it could go places.
Unfortunately, I cannot in all honesty say that. This does not make me in any way negative, just realistic.

132Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 16:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:This great 'Negativity is bad' - 'Positive is good' thing is disingenuous.

What is important is 'Reality'.

I would love to post that Dougie Freedman has all the makings of a great manager and has put together a great squad that looks like it could go places.
Unfortunately, I cannot in all honesty say that. This does not make me in any way negative, just realistic.

Very true. There seems to be a few on here who think supporting a team means blindly following them and clapping the players off the pitch after a 5-0 defeat.

133Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 18:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know why I bothered reading the hysterical shite on this thread. Maybe it was in the vain hope that somebody would say something vaguely constructive? I'd have settled for accurate or even realistic, but that's probably a step too far. If you want to talk about "reality" why not start with the fact that we are a championship team, with championship players struggling to compete against other championship clubs, some of whom are in a better position than us financially and squad-wise? We are not a premiership club and the days of having world class players is well and truly gone, at least for now. So stop acting as if we have a divine right to win.

As for the game, it didn't start well after the club failed to send my tickets over to the Burnley ticket office for collection so I had to buy more and have just written to "Ben" at the Reebok asking him to recredit my account first thing tomorrow, before I kill his family.
Drinking time wasted faffing about with tickets and waiting for the coaches to arrive in the vain hope they'd given them to the driver to deliver - all to sit in a cow shed with wooden seats whose only saving grace was that 200 people could squeeze into an area the size of a council house back yard for a much needed half time fag or three.

Agree the line up was disappointing, but disagree about some of the performances and there were a few (small) positives and one glaringly obvious problem.
Bogdan: Spilled the first one, but easily collected it despite the optimistic Burnley fans going "OOOOoooooHHH" Thereafter he was pretty solid, although he looked awkward saving that 2nd half near post free kick despite having his body behind it. Some good takes and a few good saves. Starting to show a few signs that he wants to command the box a bit more and wasn't afraid to bollock Wheater when he made a positional cock up. Decent performance if not brilliant.
Tierney and Baptiste. Both looked "competent" but not much more. No complaints really and should cope well at this level - which is what they were bought for. Kept it simple in possession and OK positionally. Big difference from last season is that they played as full backs more than attacking wing backs so we weren't exposed too often.
Knight and Wheater. Knight played really well and so did Wheater for the most part - very unlucky to give away the own goal - if he'd not touched it Bogdan would have had it and if he'd got more on it it wouldn't have squirmed in. Good pairing at this level and providing the FBs remain disciplined should be fine - and don't need 2 defensive mids any more IMO.
Back four as a whole: much better than last season providing that we don't expect them to do much going forward in open play. I'm happy with that if a) the midfield can create stuff without them and b) they cope without needing so much shielding as it tied up 2 players unnecessarily.
Medo and Andrews: Both had a stinker IMO. Awful passing at times and got dragged out of position a lot, especially Andrews. If they'd got on the ball and passed better, we could have dominated Burnley but both performances were nervous and frankly not good enough - even at this level. Crucially IMO they seldom if ever looked for the killer forward pass despite good running from Beckford, Ngog, Cavies at times who worked hard and got f*** all quality service from midfield.
Pratley and Lee: great performances from both. Massive work rate from both, decent when in possession and both got stuck in and unsettled the Burnley players when out of possession. Wanted the ball all the time. I was actually worried about the way Lee was putting himself about and thought the little lad's going to get injured. Great finish from Pratley for the goal, picking out his spot in the corner beautifully.
Eagles: tried hard but was not up to scratch when compared with Lee and Pratley. Maybe he was unsettled by the stick he was getting but he should be able to rise above that.
The strikers: All of them worked hard to find space, chase down the ball etc. but they got no quality service all afternoon. For me they all put in good shifts but it was a thankless task. The only one that got anything like a decent chance was Cavies and even then he had to shoot from distance - which was a decent effort. But none of them had a proper chance to show their finishing abilities.
What stood out for me was that we are still shielding the back four - a priority last season - despite having changed it. This meant playing both Andrews and Medo at the expense of a more attack-minded central midfielder. In turn this meant no quality service to the strikers. Nobody was running the midfield for us.
At some point we need to force the back four to manage with just one screening player. Boy did we miss a Spearing, Holden or even Mavies - type player to give their back 4 something to think about. They were hardly threatened and had an easy day at the office.
Finally, on that performance, Hall to start ahead of Eagles for me.

134Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust, that is the funniest match review I've ever read, had me in stitches it did.

So many comments, but the one about Lee was the funniest. I've read lots of verdicts on the game over the last 24 hours and one thing that everyone seems to agree on is Lee and Andrews were bloody awful.

There's a stat on another site that says Lee passed the ball to a Bolton shirt 17 times, but passed to a Burnley shirt 19 times. Don't know how true that is, but there's no doubt he gave the ball away time and time again.

Add to the fact he cannot cross to save his life - how many times did his corners/crosses hit the first defender? I'll tell you - every bloody time.

The final comment about replacing Eagles with Hall is clearly your attempt at WUMing. Eagles is the only quality player we have, I doubt you'll find anyone who agrees with you. Idiot.

135Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:03

Wanderlust report is far closer to the truth than any of the nonsense you've been spouting Im afraid Nat. Please link me to the match reports slating Lee and wherever that stat is posted.

136Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Wanderlust report is far closer to the truth than any of the nonsense you've been spouting Im afraid Nat. Please link me to the match reports slating Lee and wherever that stat is posted.

I didn't mean reports were slating Lee, I meant posters on other forums.

I won't post a link to a rival site as that's not on.

137Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wasn't shit or anything but i wouldn't say he played well.

just didn't seem to get into the game for me.

138Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, that is the funniest match review I've ever read, had me in stitches it did.

So many comments, but the one about Lee was the funniest. I've read lots of verdicts on the game over the last 24 hours and one thing that everyone seems to agree on is Lee and Andrews were bloody awful.

There's a stat on another site that says Lee passed the ball to a Bolton shirt 17 times, but passed to a Burnley shirt 19 times. Don't know how true that is, but there's no doubt he gave the ball away time and time again.

Add to the fact he cannot cross to save his life - how many times did his corners/crosses hit the first defender? I'll tell you - every bloody time.

The final comment about replacing Eagles with Hall is clearly your attempt at WUMing. Eagles is the only quality player we have, I doubt you'll find anyone who agrees with you. Idiot.

Lee won possession for us 7 times. He passed to a BWFC player 43 times. He lost possession 4 times and gave away 3 free kicks trying to get the ball back one of which he was booked for. He ran 10.85 km during the game which was 0.7 km above the team average.

From corners, he hit the first defender once although Shackell beat Beckford in the air on one of his crosses and Wheater on another (although I thought Wheater was shoved in the back)

139Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Mon Aug 05 2013, 09:53

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We went hoof-ball too many times. I think we're forgetting Kevin Davies isn't here anymore. It worked when Craig Davies came on as he's a strong player who can hold the ball up. Beckford is the other way, he wan't balls into the channels and over the top for him to latch onto.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum