Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 1-1 Bolton

+21
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
observer
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
chipbutty
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
terenceanne
bwfc71
Sluffy
wessy
Banks of the Croal
NickFazer
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Tue Jul 30 2013, 00:28

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We aren't all massive enough to have a relatively new shiny plastic stadium and £130 million worth of debt Martin. afro 

22Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Tue Jul 30 2013, 06:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saucer of milk for table 9!

I like the ground and have had the pleasure of the corporate dining there before now. Pie and peas as I remember. First went there to watch "the team of the 70s" (sic) However on Saturday I'll just be bringing one of my lads so it'll probably be a quiet pint with him pre-match then off to visit my sister in Cornholme after the game.

23Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Tue Jul 30 2013, 06:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just want to get it over and done with now, i hate this waiting shite, ' what if this and what if that'.

We'll see if we can handle a Burnley atmosphere , and scrapyard football.

Last time we couldn't , but this time lets hope Freedman is better prepared with no relegation hangover lingering in the dressing room.

COYWM.

24Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:35

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Clattenburg the referee on Saturday. Always thought he was decent until he had the hair transplant. Must have affected his brain, certainly upped his arrogance.

25Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 06:45

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I remember (just) going to Turf Moor in the 50s. They had a really good team, Ray Pointer and Brian Pillkington, who later saw a bit of sense and moved to Burnden.

It's a long time ago but I think we won 0-1 with Lofthouse scoring.

Edit :- Now I think about, I think Pilkington was much later, but as I said it's a long time ago and my memory has never been very good.

Copper, you had a famous manager and owner in the 50s but can't think of their names.

26Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 13:32

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You're probably thinking of Harry Potts (manager) and Bob Lord (chairman) Chipbutty.

No doubt you saw Burnley's greatest ever player (Jimmy McIlroy) as well. Cool 

27Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 14:34

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we'll win. 2-0. Beckford brace.

28Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 14:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford will be on the bench, might not even get on.

You know Burnley will come out absolutely flying. With our defence I'd be surprised if we can withstand it.

I do think we'll score though.

29Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Hipster says, our best and most expensive player will be on the bench - only at Bolton!

Dougie hasn't bought the captain and leader the team was crying out for, opting instead to give the most mistake-prone player the armband.

I can only see a heavy defeat, 3-1 would be my bet.

30Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 14:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Beckford will be on the bench, might not even get on.

You know Burnley will come out absolutely flying. With our defence I'd be surprised if we can withstand it.

I do think we'll score though.

DF said he was not match fit yet.

31Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 14:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He won't be match fit.

I'm sure he could probably give you 60 minutes though.

I'd have him on the bench and start with Sordell up front, Eagles and Hall swapping wings.

That is a good front 3 in this league for sure away from home, the defence is the problem.

32Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:05

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Keep Austin quite is a must, if he's still there come Saturday.

33Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He won't be match fit.

I'd have him on the bench and start with Sordell up front, Eagles and Hall swapping wings.

That is a good front 3 in this league for sure away from home, the defence is the problem.

Hall has had 37 of the worst minutes I've ever seen from a Bolton player - why are you so confident he'll be any good? He looked absolute shit against Blackpool

34Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm willing to give the lad a second chance, he was aweful against blackpool but so was everybody else in that first half up until we got one back.

35Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think 4-4-2 plays better to our strengths than 4-5-1. There is no quality in central midfield, Medo aside.

36Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to put our chances away, we might not get many, I'd go Beckford and Ngog, Ngog will hold the ball up.

37Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog won't be in the squad, he'll be injured. The ponce.

38Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 15:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:He won't be match fit.

Hall has had 37 of the worst minutes I've ever seen from a Bolton player - why are you so confident he'll be any good? He looked absolute shit against Blackpool

Most of what I've read about Hall's debut was that he'd played well but had to be sacrificed because the formation just wasn't working.

I've not seen anyone else say he was "absolute shit" but i might be wrong.

He's also been the standout performer in pre season, seems to have the ability to take a man and create chances.

wait and see on that one but hopeful as always.

39Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 16:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

How many minutes have you seen Beckford play for us in order to arrive at the conclusion "he's our best player"? I thought we bought him as cover for Ngog?

With Ngog apparently injured you'd think he'd get a chance but with Sordell in scoring form I'd expect to see Sordell or possibly Cavies starting up front.

Still, Dougie has surprised us before.

40Burnley 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burnley 1-1 Bolton Wed Jul 31 2013, 16:10

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd be surprised if Beckford is cover for us this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum