Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did you enjoy the game today?

+7
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Did you enjoy watching Bolton today?

Did you enjoy the game today? Vote_lcap26%Did you enjoy the game today? Vote_rcap 26% [ 5 ]
Did you enjoy the game today? Vote_lcap74%Did you enjoy the game today? Vote_rcap 74% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:08

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I watched the game today on TV, but something was missing for me. I don't know if it is because I am getting older or because our team is so crap and not one player do I feel excited about watching, but I just didn't enjoy the game today.

I used to love watching Bolton, I used to sit with my Bolton scarf and be a nervous wreck. Today I just felt so little passion. I hate it that it has got like this. I am just wondering if I am alone in feeling like this - and it is that I am losing my passion for Bolton or whether others feel it too because we have suddenly become such a crap team?

I miss the old players, I missed Kevin Davies today, I miss players like Ricardo Gardner, Per Frandsen, Kevin Nolan, Richard Sneekes, Nathan Blake, Annar Gunlaugson, Eidur Gudjohnson. I know most of those players have now retired, but I liked players who gave their all and were exciting to watch and had something about them. 

Anyone else feel the same as me?

2Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:
I missed Kevin Davies today.

Anyone else feel the same as me?

No.

3Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was dreadful. It will be my first and last away game.

4Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was shite, i'm glad I didn't go .

5Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When was the last time we played well and actually played someone off the park?

Hull City at home months and months ago?

6Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan will smash us.

7Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

waste of time i'd rather watch a chimp pick fly eggs off some road kill.

8Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think dougie's losing his hair.

9Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Wigan will smash us.

You said the same about Burnley.

10Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

That was before Austin left.

11Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

That was before Austin left.

Riiiight.

12Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 22:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didnt particularly enjoy the game today, but Atleast we didn't lose

13Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 22:24

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

14Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sat Aug 03 2013, 23:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not a very good game, a point was about right. I still expect us to be in at least a playoff position, at the end of the season.

15Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 10:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not the best, but at least we didn't lose, and it didn't ruin my weekend

16Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 10:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Not the best, but at least we didn't lose, and it didn't ruin my weekend

To cancel that utter shite out you must have won the lottery, had a blow job off your next door neighbour, and found out you're due a tax rebate.

17Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 11:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah that was much worse than the surrender away at Villa against Megson for example.

Wake up people and stop wumming please.

18Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah that was much worse than the surrender away at Villa against Megson for example.

Wake up people and stop wumming please.

Right, so if the game isn't worse than the Villa surrender we have to say it was a good game?

19Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Try reading again and not just making something up.

act is tiresome.

I'm trying to put it in perspective, something your act lacks.

20Did you enjoy the game today? Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

I miss the old players, I missed Kevin Davies today, I miss players like Ricardo Gardner, Per Frandsen, Kevin Nolan, Richard Sneekes, Nathan Blake, Annar Gunlaugson, Eidur Gudjohnson. I know most of those players have now retired, but I liked players who gave their all and were exciting to watch and had something about them. 

Yes I miss the great players and great sides we had in the past. I don't miss the really shit players and shit sides we had in the past. I'm especially glad we're still not in the 4th division.

However I think that nostalgia for the past is probably the main reason why so many posters on this forum completely fail to accept the reality of our situation and as a result talk complete garbage and are so abusive of the current squad and manager.
I really don't need some deluded person with little grasp on the facts surrounding our current situation to tell me that our current players are not as good as those we had in the past. I know. I have eyes.

The current squad is full of championship standard players and there's not a Djorkieff, Bergsson, Campo, Anelka, Okocha, Lofthouse, Greaves, Byrom or McGinlay amongst them.
But they are Bolton Wanderers championship standard players and I much prefer them to the shite we had when we plummeted down the leagues.

They are good enough to stay in this division and who knows maybe even get promoted eventually. Believe me that's no bad thing, and when you are ready to accept the reality of our situation, maybe then we can all get back to supporting Bolton Wanderers FC - in good times AND bad.
Unless you're a glory hunter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum