Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did you enjoy the game today?

+7
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Did you enjoy watching Bolton today?

Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% [ 5 ]
Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 74% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He didn't say Djorkieff, Bergsson, Campo, Anelka, Okocha, Lofthouse, Greaves, Byrom or McGinlay, he said Ricardo Gardner, Per Frandsen, Richard Sneekes, Nathan Blake, Annar Gunlaugson - of which none made it above the Championship.

But you're missing my point anyway - I accept we are shite - what I won't accept is the complete lack of effort.

The reason the performance of Craig Davies stood out is because he put in some effort.

22Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He didn't say Djorkieff, Bergsson, Campo, Anelka, Okocha, Lofthouse, Greaves, Byrom or McGinlay, he said Ricardo Gardner, Per Frandsen, Richard Sneekes, Nathan Blake, Annar Gunlaugson - of which none made it above the Championship.

But you're missing my point anyway - I accept we are shite - what I won't accept is the complete lack of effort.

The reason the performance of Craig Davies stood out is because he put in some effort.

I thought there was plenty of effort, just no link from midfield to the strikers and too much dodgy passing from Andrews and Medo.

Some of the players worked their nads off but the ball didn't arrive at the right time. If at all.

23Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I thought there was plenty of effort, just no link from midfield to the strikers and too much dodgy passing from Andrews and Medo.

Some of the players worked their nads off but the ball didn't arrive at the right time. If at all.

You need a lesson in effort. That was a team going through the motions.

I can't remember a Bolton player putting in a single tackle.

Football is dead.

24Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Football is dead.

Rubbish. There was plenty of tackling especially in midfield. Lee and Pratley in particular were heroic yesterday challenging for everything.

25Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Lee and Pratley in particular were heroic yesterday challenging for everything.

Ha ha, now I know you're WUMing.

Heroic Very Happy 

26Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have never seen a Bolton team create so little than we did yesterday. 
Our goal was so easy, it makes you think when it was so easy to score a goal, why did we not create any more chances like that?
We looked like we hadn't a clue how we were going to attack or create chances. It was as if the team just turned up and had no plans or tactics. 
I can't believe there are people here saying stop wumming just because many of us are saying how depressing it was watching found watching that performance and watching players like Andrews, that defence, the lack of creativity and flair, lack of pace, etc. I seriously think we should get Gardner back, he would be our best player if we got him back.

27Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Football is dead.

Rubbish. There was plenty of tackling especially in midfield. Lee and Pratley in particular were heroic yesterday challenging for everything.

Yes Lee's performance yesterday reminded me of Terry Butcher with the bloodied headband giving his all for his country. You prat.

28Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley's right winger had the freedom of Turf Moor - some blame must be attached to Tierney but Lee was equally to blame.

It was a good job the crossing was as bad as ours.

29Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:44

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Burnley's right winger had the freedom of Turf Moor - some blame must be attached to Tierney but Lee was equally to blame.

It was a good job the crossing was as bad as ours.

Burnley were as bad as we were.
I was listening on the telly and one phrase I never heard yesterday was 'This is a great advert for championship football'. It was one of the worst games I have ever seen in terms of quality.

30Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Burnley were as bad as we were.
I was listening on the telly and one phrase I never heard yesterday was 'This is a great advert for championship football'. It was one of the worst games I have ever seen in terms of quality.

It's what Sky do, but they do it well because fools like wanderlust fall for it every single time.

If there was no tv and the rest of the media didn't give a toss wanderlust would have gone to that game yesterday and left at halftime.

31Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I really am not saying this to WUM, but I am so looking forward to watching Chelsea. They may be all on 100k a week but watch the effort they put in, watch the skills from players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, etc. Watch players giving 100% for the manager. Watch the reaction of the fans to having Jose back as manager. It is going to be absolutely amazing. 
It is a no brainer between watching that shower of shite yesterday and watching the mighty blues. And for that reason Chelsea are my number 1 team now. I just want to be excited about watching a team - in the old days I used to love watching Bolton, I loved the players, I loved how hard they tried. Its just bollocks being a Bolton fan right now.

32Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm toying with the idea of becoming a Yeovil or Bournemouth fan as both those teams are small and have no cash but have players who die for the shirt.

33Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:12

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm toying with the idea of becoming a Yeovil or Bournemouth fan as both those teams are small and have no cash but have players who die for the shirt.

Bournemouth seem to be a good team to support right now. They are going places, the fact they could get their old manager back from Burnley shows they have ambition. Nice place to visit if you go and watch a match or two, although quite a journey.

34Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I have never seen a Bolton team create so little than we did yesterday. 
Our goal was so easy, it makes you think when it was so easy to score a goal, why did we not create any more chances like that?
We looked like we hadn't a clue how we were going to attack or create chances. It was as if the team just turned up and had no plans or tactics. 
I can't believe there are people here saying stop wumming just because many of us are saying how depressing it was watching found watching that performance and watching players like Andrews, that defence, the lack of creativity and flair, lack of pace, etc. I seriously think we should get Gardner back, he would be our best player if we got him back.

We were predictable. Plenty of running from the strikers but no quality through balls from the centre. Played it wide a lot but by the time it came over everyone was marked. If we'd mixed up the direct ball to striker's feet with wide play it wouldn't have been so easy for Shackell to mop up.
He looked solid yesterday because it was bread and butter stuff for him, but at Norwich he was very susceptible to through balls on the ground. Sadly, there weren't any.

35Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might just start watching non league football, they put miles more effort in and die for the cause.

They're not on much but you'd think they were on more than any Bolton player, with the way they play.

36Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I might just start watching non league football, they put miles more effort in and die for the cause.

They're not on much but you'd think they were on more than any Bolton player, with the way they play.

See ya then Scott.

37Did you enjoy the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did you enjoy the game today? Sun Aug 04 2013, 20:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll just laugh at you mugs paying a load of money out and wasting a day watching shite, while I'm having a beer next to the terrace watching a hard working team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum