Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton out to get Jay Spearing

+11
terenceanne
wessy
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
JonnyRandom
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
doffcocker
Jamster26
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 14:26

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dougie Freedman has pledged Wanderers will do everything possible to sign fans' choice Jay Spearing.

During Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Burnley the 2,500 travelling Whites supporters made their voices heard, urging the club to bring back the Liverpool midfielder who had been such a hit on loan last season.

Blackburn Rovers have already agreed a fee for Spearing this summer only for the 24-year-old to turn down a move to Ewood Park.

And though that figure is currently out of Wanderers’ reach, Freedman assured fans the club would be doing its level best to strike up a deal before the close of the transfer window in four week’s time. “Jay is a fantastic player – our player of the season last year – he’s available and we’re going to try our very, very best to make it happen,” the manager said.

“We’ve got Financial Fair Play and I have got a responsibility to this football club. I know they (fans) don’t want to hear it, but I have.

“We’ve done very well with free transfers and if something with Jay comes up and the deal is right for the football club then, yes, we’ll be looking at it.”
I think we definitely need him, especially with Holden out for another year and Mark Davies still out.

And Freedman has made no secret of the fact he needs to strengthen in midfield, particularly in light of Stuart Holden’s recent season-ending injury. The Whites boss now hopes he can reward supporters who he believes have bought into his philosophy at the club. “I need to sit in the technical area making decisions – I can’t be in the crowd making decisions,” he said. “But I’ll never forget last year making those decisions and the fans not being that happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 14:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fuck Holden and Mark Davies. It's only prudent that we assume they'll never be fit.

Spearing's nothing integral, but would be a great signing at the right price.

3Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 14:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Now I have got 2,500 fans understanding exactly what I am trying to do with David Ngog, understanding what Chungy’s role is."

Sadly none of the cognoscenti come on this site.

"Freedman has made no secret of the fact he needs to strengthen in midfield, particularly in light of Stuart Holden’s recent season-ending injury."

So what's the idea behind getting Moritz?

"The likelihood of Craig Dawson – another of last season’s successful loanees – coming back to the Reebok looks less certain. Freedman reckons the youngster could decided to stay and fight for his place at the Hawthorns."

Would prefer him to fight for a place here, but he might struggle given our strength in depth at CB. Or not.

4Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 14:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman wrote:Now I have got 2,500 fans understanding exactly what I am trying to do with David Ngog, understanding what Chungy’s role is.

It's like he's trying to make out what he's doing with Ngog and Lee is above your average fan.

Ngog came on and couldn't even control the ball and Lee's performance has been described as "shit" all over he internet.

It doesn't matter what goes on during the week or in training or on the Ping-Pong table. The proof is in the matchday pudding. Ngog is shit, but I don't doubt he will start ahead of Craig Davies against Reading.

5Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 14:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is above the average fan.

as we saw with Sordell last season.

Anytime Sordell was on the bench he was "the answer" "why the fuck isn't sordell on?"

when he played "He's shit"

when you've got that kind of thinking going on you're not on to a winner are you.

Obviously the idea of getting Moritz was to add options in midfield, surely that isn't being criticised? adding spearing and moritz would give us two interesting options (though we're yet to see Moritz)

As for Dawson if he doesn't want to consign himself to the championship, potentially for 3 or 4 years what can you do. Kidnap him.

6Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 14:59

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's like he's trying to make out what he's doing with Ngog and Lee is above your average fan.

Going off your comments since he came in, most of what Dougie's done has gone over your head. Neither you, nor Terence have understood much (Unless you're deliberately missing the point every time Suspect ).

Lee's performance has been described as "shit" all over he internet.

No it hasn't. He didn't have a poor game by any stretch.

7Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:01

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Obviously the idea of getting Moritz was to add options in midfield, surely that isn't being criticised? adding spearing and moritz would give us two interesting options (though we're yet to see Moritz)

Exactly Moritz will play behind a striker, he's no replacement for Holden it's a different position.

8Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did Lee create any chances? No
Did he put over any decent crosses? No
Did he give the ball away? Many times

As for Ngog, the so-called best holder-upper we have, watch the re-run of his sub appearance, the ball kept bouncing off his shin.

These players are currently shit. Sordell was shit. Moritz might well be shit but until he's had 10 minutes I can't decide. I'll probably lean towards shit for now though.

9Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Did Lee create any chances? No
Did he put over any decent crosses? No
Did he give the ball away? Many times

As for Ngog, the so-called best holder-upper we have, watch the re-run of his sub appearance, the ball kept bouncing off his shin.

These players are currently shit. Sordell was shit. Moritz might well be shit but until he's had 10 minutes I can't decide. I'll probably lean towards shit for now though.

Any Bolton fans like to comment on this?
Mods: How long do we have to put up with WUMs that support other clubs coming on to our site to abuse our manager and players?
Sort it out.

10Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Any Bolton fans like to comment on this?
Mods: How long do we have to put up with WUMs that support other clubs coming on to our site to abuse our manager and players?
Sort it out.

Good one.

Too many Bolton fans are in total denial. The exact same thing happened with Owen Coyle. I said from the start he was clueless and after a few months of decent results I was mocked. But I saw the bigger picture. Before long everyone, even you wanderlust, was firmly in the "Coyle Out" camp.

Freedman has been left a mess I don't deny that, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect some improvements - that performance on Saturday was every bit as bad as the shite under Coyle, the only plus point being we didn't lose. That doesn't make it entertaining.

I want to be entertained, I don't want to shell out cash to watch a defensive side whose only objective is to stop the opposition.

With our best team out we can more than compete at this level and should be blowing away rubbish like Burnley, but Freedman doesn't have confidence in his own players so chooses to hang on in the hope of nicking one.

I don't ever remember such a defensive team being set up. Even under Megson when we were in the PL he still put some flair players in the team.

I'm pissed off because following Bolton used to be fantastic fun, win or lose. Now the entertainment has gone, it's all about getting a 0-0 draw, anything better than that is a bonus.

11Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, you were in the big sam out club.

when Coyle came in you said he was a brilliant choice.

Don't lie.

At least i will admit i was excited about Coyle and was completely wrong about his abilities loads of times.

12Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nat, you were in the big sam out club.

Don't lie.

At least i will admit i was excited about Coyle and was completely wrong about his abilities loads of times.

I was in the Fat Sam out club towards the end when it was clear he had no long term plan.

And that's bollocks about Coyle, you know full well I wanted Billy Davies.

We'd probably be in the Champions League right now if Davies and Earnshaw had been brought to the club.

13Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Any Bolton fans like to comment on this?
Sort it out.

Good one.

Too many Bolton fans are in total denial. The exact same thing happened with Owen Coyle. I said from the start he was clueless and after a few months of decent results I was mocked. But I saw the bigger picture. Before long everyone, even you wanderlust, was firmly in the "Coyle Out" camp.

Freedman has been left a mess I don't deny that, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect some improvements - that performance on Saturday was every bit as bad as the shite under Coyle, the only plus point being we didn't lose. That doesn't make it entertaining.

I want to be entertained, I don't want to shell out cash to watch a defensive side whose only objective is to stop the opposition.

With our best team out we can more than compete at this level and should be blowing away rubbish like Burnley, but Freedman doesn't have confidence in his own players so chooses to hang on in the hope of nicking one.

I don't ever remember such a defensive team being set up. Even under Megson when we were in the PL he still put some flair players in the team.

I'm pissed off because following Bolton used to be fantastic fun, win or lose. Now the entertainment has gone, it's all about getting a 0-0 draw, anything better than that is a bonus.

Is that why you now support Yeovil?

Either way we don't want you country bumpkins coming on to our site telling us what we should think about our team.

Scab out!

14Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Either way we don't want you country bumpkins coming on to our site telling us what we should think about our team.

Scab out!

Yeovil are doing well, already 2 points ahead of your shite.

15Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nat, you were in the big sam out club.

Don't lie.

I was in the Fat Sam out club towards the end when it was clear he had no long term plan.

And that's bollocks about Coyle, you know full well I wanted Billy Davies.

We'd probably be in the Champions League right now if Davies and Earnshaw had been brought to the club.

I know you're taking the piss but you mentioned Billy Davies when Coyle was sacked.

when Big Sam left you said Alan Irvine had agreed to join the club.

When Coyle came in you said we'd "not be able to get him" (something like that) but he'd be a "good choice"

16Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:45

Natasha Whittam wrote:Too many Bolton fans are in total denial. The exact same thing happened with Owen Coyle. I said from the start he was clueless and after a few months of decent results I was mocked. But I saw the bigger picture. Before long everyone, even you wanderlust, was firmly in the "Coyle Out" camp.

"Every credit to Owen Coyle, with virtually the same nucleus of players that were playing under Megson he has changed the way we play. Gone are 90 minutes of longball bobbins, and now we actually look like scoring when we go forward. The players have more confidence and seem keen to have the ball at all times."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Must have been a different Natasha Whittam doing that interview then.

You do make a fair point about us putting out our best attacking team, each game. That's certainly something the fans will be split on.

Personally I'd play 451/433 away from home as we did on Saturday, but play Moritz behind a striker. We didn't have much of a chance of doing that this time because of injuries, Andrews was bound to get another chance with us I just hope it's his last.

I see why fans would want a 442, but our defence is still not great and we need the extra cover from midfield IMO. Dougie wants to get us promoted, that's his objective, entertainment is secondary.

17Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Scab out!

Yeovil are doing well, already 2 points ahead of your shite.

Glory hunter to boot

18Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh Nat, you didn't say that did you? :facepalm:

19Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What the fook would I be doing on a Sunderland forum.

My solicitor has been informed.

20Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:58

Natasha Whittam wrote:What the fook would I be doing on a Sunderland forum.

My solicitor has been informed.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum