Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton out to get Jay Spearing

+11
terenceanne
wessy
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
JonnyRandom
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
doffcocker
Jamster26
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:What the fook would I be doing on a Sunderland forum.

Presumably telling them how crap, passionless and lightweight their manager and players are compared to the mighty Yeovil.

22Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 16:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"A woman with Megson in her sights"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

23Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are several Natasha Whittam imposters on the internet. You shouldn't read too much into this.

24Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 16:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The BN article was replicated on Sky and so far has attracted one comment - presumably from a Liverpool fan:

dean says August 5, 2013 2:48pm

Freedman everyone knows Spearing is worth at least £3.5 million pound,so either pay the money or buy another chump for the million you only want to pay our club.YOUR A DISGRACE DOUGIE FREEDMAN.

I quite like the idea of our manager being called a disgrace for refusing to pay way over the odds. Fuck you Dean.

25Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 16:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I quite like the idea of our manager being called a disgrace

You moan when I do it.

26Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 16:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You moan when I do it.

I thought that was our secret?
Tell everyone, won't you!

27Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:39

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:The BN article was replicated on Sky and so far has attracted one comment - presumably from a Liverpool fan:

dean says August 5, 2013 2:48pm

Freedman everyone knows Spearing is worth at least £3.5 million pound,so either pay the money or buy another chump for the million you only want to pay our club.YOUR A DISGRACE DOUGIE FREEDMAN.

I quite like the idea of our manager being called a disgrace for refusing to pay way over the odds. Fuck you Dean.

"£3.5 million pound"

Great vocabulary. Basically saying 3.5 million pound pound. Spaz

28Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:49

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would give up all this years Christmas and Birthday presents if this comes true.

29Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:I would give up all this years Christmas and Birthday presents if this comes true.

It's only Jay Spearing.

30Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God help us if we think spearing is the answer to all our problems.

31Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The way people are talking about him on twitter you'd think it was Agbonlahor we were after.

32Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 22:14

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A bit confused Natasha Its all about 0 - 0 draw these days?

We only had two 0-0 all last year ?  4-5 yes 4-1 yes loads of 2-2 draws a few 3-2 and 2-3 not sure your on the right track.

Very pleased with DF so far, seems a genuine guy with ideas, we have played one game and took a point away from home. yes we could/should have won that game, Burnley looked void of ideas.
we lost it last year so some improvement.

DF took 28 points out 30 home games last season that in my book earns the guy some credit?

At Burnley i would say we were disappointing second half after some nice passing first half.

Positives: Both full backs looked comfortable
Negatives :still not confident in the keeper and centre backs but Wheater will improve.
Positive: I thought Medo, Pratley, Eagles bossed the game for spells.

Negative: Andrews a temporary fix.

And to be honest i thought Chungy worked hard. NGOG off the bench first game ok touch was off, same with Beckford, if it was November fair enough, but we are 90 minutes in, you can't seriously be moaning at this point, can you?

33Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 22:26

wessy wrote:A bit confused Natasha Its all about 0 - 0 draw these days?

We only had two 0-0 all last year ?  4-5 yes 4-1 yes loads of 2-2 draws a few 3-2 and 2-3 not sure your on the right track.

Very pleased with DF so far, seems a genuine guy with ideas, we have played one game and took a point away from home. yes we could/should have won that game, Burnley looked void of ideas.

DF took 28 points out 30 home games last season that in my book earns the guy some credit.
28 points out of 30 home games? So less than a point a game.

34Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 23:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

OneFinFreedman wrote:
wessy wrote:A bit confused Natasha Its all about 0 - 0 draw these days?

DF took 28 points out 30 from 10 home games last season that in my book earns the guy some credit.
28 points out of 30 home games? So less than a point a game.

35Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Mon Aug 05 2013, 23:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good spot Mr Freedman of course i meant from 10 games typo (as well you know)

36Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 00:40

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Although I like Spearing and it will be good if we sign him.  I would think there are better players out there who are better than Jay.  He's just ok.  But let's not annoint him as the fix for this midfield. The Pool doesn't want him as a backup player......As I have said in other threads I consider the 1.5 mill to be laughable for a club with ambition...plus we have not spent a fooking penny so far.

37Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 01:02

Dougie has said not to believe the £1.5 million that had been quoted in the press previously, other reports say Liverpool want £3.5 million which is ridiculous money for a 24 year old who's had one good season in the championship in his career. 

If we can get the price down to between 1 and 2 million then it's a good buy for us, he's a solid player and I'd much prefer him to Andrews.

38Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 02:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:Dougie has said not to believe the £1.5 million that had been quoted in the press previously, other reports say Liverpool want £3.5 million which is ridiculous money for a 24 year old who's had one good season in the championship in his career. 

If we can get the price down to between 1 and 2 million then it's a good buy for us, he's a solid player and I'd much prefer him to Andrews.

It goes without saying he is an upgrade to Andrews ....so in that respect it's a good move.
I just wonder if there is someone else out there with a touch more quality for 2 mill..... Spanish or Italian etc..... is there nobody in the Spanish second tier who can pass a ball....hard to believe. We supposedly have a new scouting system in place....well let's see somat.

39Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 11:12

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

what i don't understand is, when we got him last season Liverpool valued him at 3.5 mil. He was our most consistent player, won player of the season and could have easily been our captain (and if we do sign him, he should absolutely take the armband off Zat Sh*te). 

Now, Liverpool value him at 1.5 million and Gartside can't allow us to write the cheque. 

I understand wages might be an issue, but with the injuries we have at the moment as well how can we not sign him?! Also, anyone know if there's any truth to the rumour of the US National side paying Holden's wages because he got injured on international duty? If so... winner!

40Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 11:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm partial to agree with you on that Terence, the spanish leagues must have a few hidden gems that are yet to be exploited, plus the spanish are the pass masters so you would think for £2million we could pick up a good young player.

I just think Freedman wants players who have played in this league before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum