Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton out to get Jay Spearing

+11
terenceanne
wessy
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
JonnyRandom
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
doffcocker
Jamster26
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 11:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lifeofriley wrote:what i don't understand is, when we got him last season Liverpool valued him at 3.5 mil. He was our most consistent player, won player of the season and could have easily been our captain (and if we do sign him, he should absolutely take the armband off Zat Sh*te). 

Now, Liverpool value him at 1.5 million and Gartside can't allow us to write the cheque. 

I understand wages might be an issue, but with the injuries we have at the moment as well how can we not sign him?! Also, anyone know if there's any truth to the rumour of the US National side paying Holden's wages because he got injured on international duty? If so... winner!

He isn't valued at 1.5million, dougie even said himself they want more for him.

Do you really think they would ask lower than their original asking price after the good season he had with us, I doubt it.

42Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 12:25

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Dougie has said not to believe the £1.5 million that had been quoted in the press previously, other reports say Liverpool want £3.5 million which is ridiculous money for a 24 year old who's had one good season in the championship in his career. 

If we can get the price down to between 1 and 2 million then it's a good buy for us, he's a solid player and I'd much prefer him to Andrews.

It goes without saying he is an upgrade to Andrews ....so in that respect it's a good move.
I just wonder if there is someone else out there with a touch more quality for 2 mill..... Spanish or Italian etc..... is there nobody in the Spanish second tier who can pass a ball....hard to believe. We supposedly have a new scouting system in place....well let's see somat.

Good players don't grow on trees, even in Spain. I see your point but Im struggling to think of one player that has come from Spains Segunda division and made an impact in England. Barca and Madrid both have B teams in the division, the fact they're allowed to do that says something for me. I don't fully understand how that works are they allowed to get promoted? I doubt it's nearly as competitive as the championship, so it would be a hell of a risk taking a player from there, Spearing's a known quantity at least.

On the point of Spearing's fee, hasn't FFP been quoted as the issue? In that case we're not allowed to make more than a £3 million loss unless the owner injects equity (in which case we can make up to £8 million) if the club are on the border of this then it's no wonder it's taking a long time for deals to go through, and that they're quibbling over every penny, the sanctions for breaking FFP are points deductions or transfer bans.

43Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't Michu from the Segunda? He cost £2 mill apparently.

As regards FFP, the club can sell to balance the books, but we wouldn't raise £3.5 mill or whatever the actual fee is.

44Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 13:19

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

they can't value him at much more than that as the offer they accepted from Blackburn was only around the 1.5 mark wasn't it?

Dougie said that valuation didn't meet that with the men upstairs. Get the feeling they keep pulling the rug from under his feet atm which is worrying!!!

45Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 13:21

Lifeofriley wrote:they can't value him at much more than that as the offer they accepted from Blackburn was only around the 1.5 mark wasn't it?

Dougie said that valuation didn't meet that with the men upstairs. Get the feeling they keep pulling the rug from under his feet atm which is worrying!!!

Dougie said not to believe the valuation being quoted in the press, and what Blackburn supposedly bid. 

As I said if it's FFP then both the board and Dougie will know they need to make sure we keep within the guidelines or we really are fucked.

46Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 13:22

wanderlust wrote:Wasn't Michu from the Segunda? He cost £2 mill apparently.

No, Rayo Vallecano they're La Liga.

47Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 18:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We are currently 1/10 on oddschecker to sign Spearing.

Then again we were odds on to sign Rhodes and look what happened their.

48Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 18:52

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
NickFazer wrote:I would give up all this years Christmas and Birthday presents if this comes true.

It's only Jay Spearing.

Yes, but I only get sock and undies

49Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 18:52

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If he had been fit for the Blackpool game I think we would have at least made the playoffs.

50Bolton out to get Jay Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton out to get Jay Spearing Tue Aug 06 2013, 20:00

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This FFPR is BOLLOX as my thread before 1.5 million when we have spent fuck all is a joke on a player we need.Getting seriously pissed off with this.Might meet with the bank manager and buy Spearing myself!.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum