Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

+11
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Angry Dad
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists--study-finds--113350723.html;_ylt=AmzP2wBR62mueQjdDSLRj83EfMl_;_ylu=X3oDMTR1Z2doNDcyBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdARtaXQDTmV3cyBmb3IgeW91IFJIIGNvbCBvbiBuZXdzBHBrZwM5YzY0OTVmMC05ZDA0LTMxYzctYjhkMS1lZTJlMTIxZTQ4M2IEcG9zAzMEc2VjA25ld3NfZm9yX3lvdQR2ZXIDNmY3YWJjNDMtMDM2ZC0xMWUzLTlmZWYtNzk1MjUxZGQyYmEw;_ylg=X3oDMTBhY2IwdWc5BGxhbmcDZW4tR0I-;_ylv=3#6E2rt8p

This comes as no surprise to me. I am an atheist, I am not saying I am super intelligent or anything but I often think religious people are very gullible and silly.

What I say to religious people is simply this - give me one piece of evidence that a god exists. Where does he live? What does he look like? Who created god?
Religion is the worst thing we have in this world, the conflicts, terrorism, hate, etc., in this world comes from it. If only everyone was an atheist like me and you eh?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It goes without saying that people who devote their lives to worshiping mythical characters aren't as intelligent as people who don't.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:
Who created god?
Have you ever said that to a person who believes in god? I did, wow you should have heard the mouthful I got him when I said it.

I hate the religious nut jobs who prey on the weak, for example I have seen a couple of people over the years of people I have known who didn't believe in god or were in the slightest bit religious, yet when something bad had happened to them in their lives and the religious people got their claws into them they soon made them into god believers.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was walking through Durham centre last week and in the lovely square there, there was this black dude shouting about God and just talking utter shit. No one was listening to him. You wouldn't get an atheist shouting like that in a city centre. They are nutters. 
I think most religious people are simply very superstitious and are scared of something bad happening to them if they don't believe. They always think they are bloody right though, even though there is not the slightest bit of evidence.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That's very true, if a religious nut job starts yelling on the top note in the streets nobody bats an eyelid, yet if you or I did then we would be called insane.

The other types that annoy me are these medium/psychic types, charging people money to tell them bollocks about seeing their dead family members.....yet ask them for the fucking lotto numbers and their psychic vision becomes a little hazy.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:41; edited 1 time in total

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No surprise at all!

You only have to look at the utter bollocks some people believe in the name of their religions: some can't eat pork; some won't allow blood transfusions; some abstain from sex; some believe it is acceptable to kill people who offend their religious beliefs; and so on at great length.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:

The other types that annoy me are these medium/psychic types, charging people money to tell them bollocks about seeing their dead family members.....yet ask them for the fucking lotto numbers and their psychic vision becomes a little hazy.
Yes every single one of them is a con artist. Some do it for money, some just for the fame.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:That's very true, if a religious nut job starts yelling on the top note in the streets nobody bats an eyelid, yet if you or I did then we would be called insane.

Yes good points. And have you noticed all terrorists are religious - IRA, Islams, Muslims and their backpacks, etc. You don't get atheist terrorists.

Yes, I hate all that shit of mediums and bollocks like that. I always remember years ago there was this woman on Tyne Tees TV who did this psychic show with celebrities. Keith Chegwin was one guest but one was Barry Vennison. This was when Newcastle were on fire under Keegan and top of the league. The psychic woman said Barry would get another England call up against a county beginning with an S (he never did play for England again) and she said Newcastle would win either the League or FA cup that season but couldn't see which trophy it was (they never won shit). But the whole audience were clapping and high fiving each other as if they had just won the league lol.
Fucking idiots.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Religion is all about faith.

It's impossible to explain to someone without faith exactly what faith is, especially those on this site who are mainly bellends.

When I'm living it up in heaven with Rob Earnshaw and you're all in Hell with Wayne Rooney, you'll regret these comments. For eternity.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Faith is believing something without evidence.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha wrote:Fuck off CD
Natasha wrote:You sad, deluded, brainwashed bellend.
Natasha wrote:You deluded wanker.
Natasha wrote:What an absolute load of utter shite.
Natasha wrote:You absolute bellend Doffcocker...You wanker.
Just a few quotes from our resident devout Christian.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha wrote:Fuck off CD
Natasha wrote:You sad, deluded, brainwashed bellend.
Natasha wrote:You deluded wanker.
Natasha wrote:What an absolute load of utter shite.
Natasha wrote:You absolute bellend Doffcocker...You wanker.
Just a few quotes from our resident devout Christian.
I don't get your point. There's nothing about swearing in the bible.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cursing is a sin.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I don't get your point. There's nothing about swearing in the bible.

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't read the bible, apparently the Hobbit is much better.

The point I'm making is Christianity is meant to be a teaching of how to live one's life. And you're an undeniable bitch.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's a difference between cursing and swearing. They both mean specific things- and Nat has done neither.
He/she has simply used impolite and unacceptable language. Its like religion and claiming to be a psychic. They also mean different things.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat - you should go to the toilet and test out that new arsehole doffcocker has just tore you.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Nat - you should go to the toilet and test out that new arsehole doffcocker has just tore you.
Doffcocker is jealous of my faith.

He has no faith in anything but Asda Smartprice.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

MB do you think its possible that another form of existence created what we have and are or do you think that it all happened by chance because the conditions were just right and everything space time etc has always existed or did it just suddenly appear at some point all by itself a long long long time ago and began to develope into where we are today, whats your take on it?

The only evidence we have supports the Big Bang version of events, if Im not mistaken?

Are you religious AD?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

bwfc1874 wrote:The only evidence we have supports the Big Bang version of events, if Im not mistaken?

Are you religious AD?
No

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum