Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Freedman walk?

+12
Sluffy
karlypants
Wolton Banderers
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
kennster
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wolton Banderers wrote:I know it's not a reliable thing to go off, but on football manager you can only make short-term loan signings in the loan window (i.e. max 3 months)
Hello and welcome Wolton.

I'm fairly sure that you are correct about that.

Dawson could only stop with us last season for a maximum of 93 days (3 months at 31 days per month I assume).

The loan window will open in a week I believe, so still a chance of getting new faces in yet.

The problem we have I believe is that we have to get players out first (will now have to be on loan) and apparently no one seems interested in anyone we have!

Typical Bolton eh!

22Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:15

Wolton Banderers

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi Sluffy, Dawson was the one I was thinking about as the fact you can only get them short-term means that any problems the new signings may solve, we will have those exact same problems again in 3 months time, as was seen so dramatically in the only game we no longer had Dawson at the end of last season.

23Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It an "emergency loan window" - They can range from 28 days to 93 days

24Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

In our case could they not make an exception of say.....about 3 years?

25Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:25

Wolton Banderers

David Ngog
David Ngog

So 1-3 months. Which essentially just means we can try to cover up the cracks until December when we will then just be back to square 1 again. That's no way to progress: kids must be used instead.

26Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:28

Wolton Banderers wrote:So 1-3 months. Which essentially just means we can try to cover up the cracks until December when we will then just be back to square 1 again. That's no way to progress: kids must be used instead.
I agree, but with our financial situation we really don't have a choice but to make some use of loans.

It worked out with Spearing to be fair and obviously went a long way to convincing him to come to us permanently. A bid out the blue and he'd probably have turned us down.

27Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wolton Banderers wrote:So 1-3 months. Which essentially just means we can try to cover up the cracks until December when we will then just be back to square 1 again. That's no way to progress: kids must be used instead.
That's one of the main reasons DF has said why he hates the loan window.

I totally agree with you on the kids part, IMO you would get 100% more effort from them.

28Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Phil Brown Tue Sep 03 2013, 07:39

jmk_kerfoot

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Phil Brown is the ideal replacement.
I agree, he's doing good stuff at Southend.

We need some passion, Dougie should give a half-time bollocking in the centre circle against Leeds.
I was impressed with Phil Brown on that Sky Sports 92 Live thing.

he managed to get one of his signings names wrong live on air.

Natasha,everyone has the greatest respect for you on this site,,but please do not go overboard,    PHIL BROWN is a great bloke, and a good no.2, but he is never a manager,he hasn't  really done anything since he left  bwfc,and he has been sacked from every job he has had.  Lets be honest, we all have 1 thing in common,we all love and want Bolton to succeed on the field,but we do have some really bad players at the club,and Df has somehow got to get rid of them,we have to give him time,he wont get sacked,because when he goes,or if he is sacked,then all the backroom staff go with him,and paying all them off,will give P.G. an heart attack. Yes, it is dire at the moment,and we are in an hole but as fickle fans as we are,keep sacking the manager is not the answer,we didn't want Megson,but we wanted Coyle,both failed, we probably did not want Dougie,but he is here,so lets give him a chance.
jmk_kerfoot.

29Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 09:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jmk_kerfoot wrote:

Natasha,everyone has the greatest respect for you on this site,,but please do not go overboard,    PHIL BROWN is a great bloke, and a good no.2, but he is never a manager,he hasn't  really done anything since he left  bwfc,and he has been sacked from every job he has had.  Lets be honest, we all have 1 thing in common,we all love and want Bolton to succeed on the field,but we do have some really bad players at the club,and Df has somehow got to get rid of them,we have to give him time,he wont get sacked,because when he goes,or if he is sacked,then all the backroom staff go with him,and paying all them off,will give P.G. an heart attack. Yes, it is dire at the moment,and we are in an hole but as fickle fans as we are,keep sacking the manager is not the answer,we didn't want Megson,but we wanted Coyle,both failed, we probably did not want Dougie,but he is here,so lets give him a chance.
jmk_kerfoot.
At last.... a bit of sanity. :clap: :clap:

30Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:15

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If Doggie goes then replacing him with Phil Brown would not only be laughable but would surely the end of Fart side as Chairman. Phil,god bless him,ex player and secoond in command to The Great One , does not qualify him to be the next manager Im afraid. He has done dick shit of any note anywhere but then again neither had Coyle or Freedman,so thats a shoe in then !!!!

31Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think the call for phil brown was to be taken seriously..

32Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Tue Sep 03 2013, 22:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:If Doggie goes then replacing him with Phil Brown would not only be laughable but would surely the end of Fart side as Chairman. Phil,god bless him,ex player and secoond in command to The Great One , does not qualify him to be the next manager Im afraid. He has done dick shit of any note anywhere but then again neither had Coyle or Freedman,so thats a shoe in then !!!!
Agree if Freedman walks (he has done)

we need to get someone who's won trophies.

Alec Mcleish.

33Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Wed Sep 04 2013, 06:46

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Alex Mc Leish? Won lots of trophies with Rangers north of the border- but he hasn't got a particularly successful record in England.
And the knives would be out almost immediately as he would be another Scot - that would be three in a row.
But it's all idle speculation anyway as Freedman is here and he's here to stay.
Watch the loan window and then make a judgement a couple of weeks into that. By then we'll have some different faces in the first team and a couple of wins under the belt and we'll  be climbing the table

34Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Wed Sep 04 2013, 07:44

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:Alex Mc Leish? Won lots of trophies with Rangers north of the border- but he hasn't got a particularly successful record in England.
And the knives would be out almost immediately as he would be another Scot - that would be three in a row.
Watch the loan window and then make a judgement a couple of weeks into that. By then we'll have some different faces in the first team and a couple of wins under the belt and we'll  be climbing the table
Lol Mcleish? He is Scottish, plays negative football and he has the same hair colour as Megson.

35Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Wed Sep 04 2013, 18:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Culcheth_White wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Alex Mc Leish? Won lots of trophies with Rangers north of the border- but he hasn't got a particularly successful record in England.
Lol Mcleish? He is Scottish, plays negative football and he has the same hair colour as Megson.
I just love a reasoned argument Very Happy

36Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Wed Sep 04 2013, 18:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More anti scottish bile.

37Will Freedman walk? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Freedman walk? Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's not anti scottish really, the guy is an piss poor manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum