Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go !.

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time to go !. Empty Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 07:17

Weststandupper

David Ngog
David Ngog

:nono: :nono: Never been one to want a manager sacked, but that was the worst performance I've seen in a long time, always thought they'd turn the corner but for me he's all out of ideas. No point waiting any longer we are going backwards, been a season ticket holder with my son for 15yrs now and this is rock bottom. No wonder gates are down if I'd not pre-payed id be stopping at home too, sick of Bolton spoiling my weekend.

2Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 09:27

We are doing what we did last season only sooner. We dudnt go on an unbeaten streak until later which included a lot of draws. We seem to be doing that sooner this time and I'm confident we WILL start moving up the table

3Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 09:46

Weststandupper

David Ngog
David Ngog

Last season I could see we were improving carnt see it now, yes we're drawing, but against crap teams, watched better Sunday league games than that garbage yesterday, even big mick McCarthy admitted his team was poor.

4Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 10:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McCarthy thought Ipswich were shit, Freedman thought Bolton were good. The fact Ipswich were the better team says everything about our deluded manager.

He must go, there's no passion or skill on the pitch and the fans are staying away - time for the board to be brave.

5Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 10:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:time for the board to be brave.
Its not going to happen Nat, although I'm coming around to thinking that it should Crying or Very sad

6Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 10:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:
Its not going to happen Nat, although I'm coming around to thinking that it should Crying or Very sad
It's taken me a long time to get round to the same way of thinking - and I can't see a way out of it with the current setup.
Like everyone else I don't like to see anyone lose their job, but it may be what it takes.
 We need a substantial clear out of players as well- yesterday was symptomatic not about lack of passion, but about lack of ideas. The same stuff has been happening all season- a lack of confidence  a jittery defence, an enormous gap between a deep midfield and strikers, hoofball to either striker where they are beaten in the air every single time.
I watched Southampton on MOTD last night - and from the off they had 4 or 5 players in the opposition penalty area - we often have none within 20 yards of the oppositions penalty area.

A huge amount depends on Mavies and Holden coming back fit and back to their best- but it won't happen, and that just compounds the problem.
 Years ago BSA arrived and started from scratch to build the best years we've seen. It might be the time for another manager to come in and do the same.
I hope someone out there will be gloating in about 6 months saying that we're just fair weather fans who lust after the good times- but they're not going to come back with the current squad and management team.
I hope I'm wrong- but I don't think so. I hope Dougie turns it around and I'm proved wrong. but the season is almost 30% over- and there have been too many promises of recovery, of false dawns.
I think yesterdays dire performance was the beginning of the end of what we've had to put up with this season.
I have no hopes of promotion or the playoffs- that's disappeared. Merely avoiding relegation isn't enough. It's decent football and beating the poor quality teams that we've played at home recently. The stuff that most other teams in this league are doing.
Just competing with the Bournemouths, Millwalls and Doncasters would be enough.
I don't think I'm asking a lot

7Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 11:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
It's taken me a long time to get round to the same way of thinking - and I can't see a way out of it with the current setup.
Like everyone else I don't like to see anyone lose their job, but it may be what it takes.
 We need a substantial clear out of players as well- yesterday was symptomatic not about lack of passion, but about lack of ideas. The same stuff has been happening all season- a lack of confidence  a jittery defence, an enormous gap between a deep midfield and strikers, hoofball to either striker where they are beaten in the air every single time.
I watched Southampton on MOTD last night - and from the off they had 4 or 5 players in the opposition penalty area - we often have none within 20 yards of the oppositions penalty area.

A huge amount depends on Mavies and Holden coming back fit and back to their best- but it won't happen, and that just compounds the problem.
 Years ago BSA arrived and started from scratch to build the best years we've seen. It might be the time for another manager to come in and do the same.
I hope someone out there will be gloating in about 6 months saying that we're just fair weather fans who lust after the good times- but they're not going to come back with the current squad and management team.
I hope I'm wrong- but I don't think so. I hope Dougie turns it around and I'm proved wrong. but the season is almost 30% over- and there have been too many promises of recovery, of false dawns.
I think yesterdays dire performance was the beginning of the end of what we've had to put up with this season.
I have no hopes of promotion or the playoffs- that's disappeared. Merely avoiding relegation isn't enough. It's decent football and beating the poor quality teams that we've played at home recently. The stuff that most other teams in this league are doing.
Just competing with the Bournemouths, Millwalls and Doncasters would be enough.
I don't think I'm asking a lot
If I remember well enough when BSA arrived we didn't have the transfer windows like we do now and as such it was easier to rebuild a team from the very start of a managerial position. Plus, at the time, we were building a stronger team with more or less every season since the Bruce Rioch days.

Unfortunately in todays football world it can't be done as we have to stick with the transfer window rules, we now have the FFP system and a team that seems intent of destroying what has been built up over the previous 15 years! Plus we don't have the funds.

8Time to go !. Empty Re: Time to go !. Sun Oct 27 2013, 12:10

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's not necessarily the same practice- it's the principle
You don't need millions- but the rot has to be stopped somewhere and there's no obvious signs on the pitch of that happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum