Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go, but who's next ?

+19
Soul Kitchen
observer
boltonbonce
rammywhite
terenceanne
White84
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
JAH
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Which one would you have

Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_lcap0%Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Choose your own if none of the above floats your boat, get voting, my choice would be Di Mateo.

2Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:11

Can we just merge this with one of the other threads?

3Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:12

And you're in dreamland if you think Clarke, Di Mateo or Davies will be coming to Bolton any time soon.

4Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would agree about Di Matto but i can't see a reason why Clarke and Davies wouldn't come. Not sure Davies would last long anyway with his track record of going off the deep end all the time.

I personally think Steve Clarke would be a good appointment.

5Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Holloway won't be coming for sure due to the same reasons he left BPool.

6Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've gone with Billy Davies.

7Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:40

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've gone for Steve Clark, but that's not saying much.

Ian Holloway - No substance, but good for a laugh
Chris Hughton - Has got previous experience in getting clubs promoted so should've gone with him
Steve Clarke - Chose SC as I'm used to bwfc manager speaking Scottish gibberish and this guy is the master
Billy Davies - He wasn't good enough for Forest with squillions to spend
Roberto di Mateo - Would love him to manage us, but not a chance so didn't even waste my vote
Phil Brown - Just no.

Marinbwfc - think you should add Mick McCarthy to that list matey

8Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd make Ivan Campo the next manager. A huge risk of course, but could he be any worse than the previous two idiots?

He is well connected in Spain and connections count for a lot when you're skint.

9Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd make Ivan Campo the next manager. A huge risk of course, but could he be any worse than the previous two idiots?

He is well connected in Spain and connections count for a lot when you're skint.
Good call, or maybe try and tempt Hierro with Campo  as his number 2, may well go wobbly tits up, but at least we will enjoy the ride.

10Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:50

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd make Ivan Campo the next manager. A huge risk of course, but could he be any worse than the previous two idiots?

YES YES YES!

and get Hierro in as Director of Football

11Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:52

Ye bet Hierro can't wait to leave Real Madrid and come to Bolton!

12Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club is all but dead, even the most hardcore fans have little passion. It needs to be reignited somehow.

What better way to do that than bring back a club legend who clearly has BWFC in his heart, and someone who would try to play football the right way.

True, you could say all the above about Owen Coyle, but just because it went tits up once doesn't mean it would again. And let's face it, the club is in a much worse position than when Coyle took over - could any manager make it worse than it already is?

13Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Ye bet Hierro can't wait to leave Real Madrid and come to Bolton!
Lighten up, ffs, confrontational doesn't suit you.

14Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:56

Jah's thick enough to believe Hierro is a possibility. You shouldn't give him false hope like that.

15Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:56

Natasha Whittam wrote:The club is all but dead, even the most hardcore fans have little passion. It needs to be reignited somehow.

What better way to do that than bring back a club legend who clearly has BWFC in his heart, and someone who would try to play football the right way.

You're correct.

The time is now right for Dave Sutton step out of the shadows and lead us to glory!

16Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman isn't going anywhere, he will obviously be given more time to bring in his targets and see how we do from there. If results don't start to come in the next few weeks then it will be time for him to leave, doubt gartside will think the same though.

If I had to choose a replacement it would be Eddie Howe.

17Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:The club is all but dead, even the most hardcore fans have little passion. It needs to be reignited somehow.

You're correct.

The time is now right for Dave Sutton step out of the shadows and lead us to glory!
Chorley reject? Really?

18Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:05

Boggersbelief wrote:Freedman isn't going anywhere, he will obviously be given more time to bring in his targets and see how we do from there. If results don't start to come in the next few weeks then it will be time for him to leave, doubt gartside will think the same though.

If I had to choose a replacement it would be Eddie Howe.

I've love Eddie Howe, done a brilliant job at Bournemouth and should get some of the credit for Burnley's rise. Unfortunately I don't think we'd stand a chance, didn't he leave Burnley because it was too far from his family in Bournemouth?

19Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:08

Boggersbelief wrote:Freedman isn't going anywhere, he will obviously be given more time to bring in his targets and see how we do from there. If results don't start to come in the next few weeks then it will be time for him to leave, doubt gartside will think the same though.

Agreed.

But my big fear is that Gartside will be happy to see us finish just one place above relegation this season, just so that Freedman can continue with all the "behind the scenes" stuff.

And that's a dangerous game to play.

Whatever happens, it looks like tough times ahead, loads more unrest on the terraces and more season-long squabbling on here......

Cheers Phil......

20Time to go, but who's next ? Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still not convinced a managerial change would make any difference but it's inevitable if results don't improve in which case...

I'd like to see the Dream Team given a proper chance. The upside is that they would cost nowt to recruit and they wouldn't be averse to introducing Development squad players. 
There is a a lot of downside but we can brush that under the carpet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum