Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go, but who's next ?

+19
Soul Kitchen
observer
boltonbonce
rammywhite
terenceanne
White84
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
JAH
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Which one would you have

Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jackie McNamara is the only person that would interest me.

22Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:11

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jackie McNamara is the only person that would interest me.

Is she fit?

23Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:12

wanderlust wrote:

Chorley reject? Really?

I think you'll fine that Dave rejected Chorley, not the other way round......

Market Gardening is a serious business, you know and much more important than some tin-pot non-league team in Lancashire......

If we build it, he will come.

24Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Freedman isn't going anywhere, he will obviously be given more time to bring in his targets and see how we do from there. If results don't start to come in the next few weeks then it will be time for him to leave, doubt gartside will think the same though.

If I had to choose a replacement it would be Eddie Howe.
 didn't he leave Burnley because it was too far from his family in Bournemouth?

True but if he wants to further his career then he can't stay at Bournemouth forever, I think we would be able to tempt him

25Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Freedman isn't going anywhere, he will obviously be given more time to bring in his targets and see how we do from there. If results don't start to come in the next few weeks then it will be time for him to leave, doubt gartside will think the same though.

True but if he wants to further his career then he can't stay at Bournemouth forever, I think we would be able to tempt him
Coming to us would be viewed as a backward step.

26Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is there only me who thinks Jimmy Phillips should be given a chance? 

May be he could get Super Kev on board with him as assistant?

At the end of the day we have fuck all money, JP did a pretty good job looking after us and both SKD and JP actually give a fuck about the club and know 'how it works' so to speak...

27Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now we only need someone to mention Peter Reid and we've got the bolton fan bingo full house!

28Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Is there only me who thinks Jimmy Phillips should be given a chance? 

May be he could get Super Kev on board with him as assistant?

At the end of the day we have fuck all money, JP did a pretty good job looking after us and both SKD and JP actually give a fuck about the club and know 'how it works' so to speak...
No

See 20.

29Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 15:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Coming to us would be viewed as a backward step.

What because they've started the season better? We are huge compared to Bournemouth

30Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 15:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

What because they've started the season better? We are huge compared to Bournemouth

They are light years ahead of us both on and off the pitch, and you know it.

31Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 15:37

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Said it before, anyone who Gartside doesn't appoint, despite the barbed comment from a MORON!!!!

32Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 15:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

They are light years ahead of us both on and off the pitch, and you know it.

Don't talk shit

33Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Don't talk shit

Look at their setup, it shames so-called bigger clubs like us.

34Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unfortunately the reality is that given our fanbase and size as a club our natural home is the higher end of the second tier or lower end of the top flight at best. In real terms we don't have the power to attract a really big name to the job and the best we can really expect is a manager looking to MAKE his name on his way up. Which is more or less what Big Sam did when he came to us. Megson was a panic appointment in my opinion, brought in solely to keep us in the top flight no matter how he had to butcher the club to do it with carp football and even worse treatment of the fans. Owen Coyle was most likely hoping to do the same as Big Sam, keep us in the top half and attract a 'big club' to him while Dougie seems to have had a false impression of the resources he'd have to work with or simply somehow believed that we were better equipped than Palace to get into and stay in the top flight. I personally rate Steve Clarke but for him we're no bigger or better than West Brom and I suspect he'll justifiably feel he could get a job with a club that has more resources to use. 

Of all on the list I'd like to see it given to Chris Hughton but he's been abominably treated by two separate chairmen already and might not trust Phil to be any different. That said if he WOULD take the job I'd give it to him today.

35Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:26

We're averaging 12,500 Bolton fans at home games now and I reckon that covers Season Tickets and, er....not a lot else.

And I think that quite a few of them are only going because they've forked out in advance. (I know of at least three mates who've said as much regarding their own situations.)

If we carry on playing shite football at home, we'll be playing in front of crowds of 10,000 or less soon.

Can Gartside allow this to happen?

Or will he step in at some point?

I honestly thought we'd be in for a season of hovering around the bottom half and ending up about 16th but even I'm a bit taken aback by our poor start (again) and am now wondering if Gartside might find his hand forced sooner rather than later.

We'll know more after the window's shut and the squad's fully in place, but I'm not hopeful.

He might just get potted before Christmas after all......

36Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You know FOUR people who are going to home games only because we already paid for them mate. I'm decidedly in that camp. Especially after last night. I admit I missed the Bury and Forest games (one because I was babysitting, the other due to work) but when I got to the game last night I was genuinely hoping to be proven wrong about how we looked. For some of it we did look better but the same mistakes made in the same old way killed us yet again and Dougie's baffling substitution gremlin struck again. I came home feeling apathetic and tired, something I haven't felt since the darkest days of the Megson Era. Even when we were in Div 4 and John McGovern was our manager I felt better about the football than I do right now.

37Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Phil Neal was the manager in our Div 4 season, Peter.

38Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:39

Sluffy wrote:Phil Neal was the manager in our Div 4 season, Peter.

And believe it or not, that was possibly my favourite season following Bolton.

(0-4 away at Wolves apart, obviously.)

39Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Memory playing tricks again there sluffy. God I'm getting old. Anyway, like I was saying to that nice Mr Rioch just last week I think that young lad Macateer might be decent, worth a crack in the first team anyway. Smile

40Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

And believe it or not, that was possibly my favourite season following Bolton.

(0-4 away at Wolves apart, obviously.)
 ah happy days watching sumo and JT upfront together!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum