Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go, but who's next ?

+19
Soul Kitchen
observer
boltonbonce
rammywhite
terenceanne
White84
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
JAH
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Which one would you have

Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:18

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
True but if he wants to further his career then he can't stay at Bournemouth forever, I think we would be able to tempt him

I'm sorry but you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that.

1, You can't afford to tempt him.
2, Bournemouth are a better run club at present.
3, They have a better squad of players pulling in the right direction.
4, Eddie Howe gets homesick when he takes his Bournemouth team on away games.

42Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:27

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
True but if he wants to further his career then he can't stay at Bournemouth forever, I think we would be able to tempt him

Glad to see your back Copper. How highly do you rate him? Did he sign Trippier and Ings for you? Did he have a big hand in your promotion himself?

43Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

That 500k you gave us for Sordell could help contribute to tempting him. 

Didn't get a chance to thank you for that

44Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Apart from #4 people said exactly the same things about DF and palace.

45Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:40

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Glad to see your back Copper. How highly do you rate him? Did he sign Trippier and Ings for you? Did he have a big hand in your promotion himself?

Hello 1874  Cool 

Eddie signed some great players for us, the two you mentioned plus Shackell, Vokes and Mee (not me but him).

The problem was (and it's the same at Bournemouth now) that he can't get the balance between attacking and defending. Which for an ex centre half it's strange that he can't get his team to defend better.

I thought that Eddie was going to the top (not the very top but close) but with his mother dying he needed to be close to his family around Bournemouth.

He's happy there and he'll be the Bournemouth manager for a long while.

46Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
That 500k you gave us for Sordell could help contribute to tempting him. 

Didn't get a chance to thank you for that

I don't think that you as a fan of a club in the predicament that you're in should be thanking another fan of a club for taking a player off your hands when you lost £3 million on him.

He's looked sharp by the way.

47Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:He's looked sharp by the way.

Aye, saw his cameo on Monday, booked within two minutes  Laughing

48Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:59

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sordell is shit he won't score 1 all season.Panic buy by Coyle.Same as egg nog fucking useless.20 goals between them for £7.2 million egg nog 4 in Premier 8 n 4 in 2 seasons in Championship.
Hierro why not taking his coaching managers badges,worth asking.If you don't buy the ticket!

49Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 23:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

That was then and the Palace chairman is a bit of a balloon anyway.

You can't afford the transfers of players, so I doubt you can tempt a deep rooted manager on a long contract at a better run club.

50Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Wed Aug 20 2014, 23:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You can't afford the transfers of players, so I doubt you can tempt a deep rooted manager on a long contract at a better run club.

Well, we did ok with the signing of kaiyne woolery, his move to burnley was pretty much sealed until he learned of our interest.

51Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
That is indeed the reality however...
whilst nearly all fans are disappointed with our general situation and current period of austerity which will probably last a couple more seasons, it's only a minority of Wanderers fans in denial who want us to change manager S and it's not likely to happen anyway so I really don't think it's worth debating too deeply.

There's always the possibility that short-termism will have it's way when we're bottom of the league in 3 weeks time, but that apart I'd expect us to rise to mid table eventually, some people to complain that "it's not good enough for Bolton Wanderers", club to shrug it's corporate shoulders pleading poverty and life to go on in the hope that next season will be the one that the investment returns.

52Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:04

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The act is nearly complete Boggers.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

53Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:The act is nearly complete Boggers.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You have no response do you. 

Just accept that we're a league below yet still a more attractive option than you and enjoy your brief return to the premier league.

54Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can you not see the emoticon? That's the response.

We'll enjoy our 100 and odd million pounds which should set us up for at least a few years, if we are relegated.

55Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoy it Stan. You've earned it and I wish you all the best.

56Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Can you not see the emoticon? That's the response.

We'll enjoy our 100 and odd million pounds which should set us up for at least a few years, if we are relegated.

It's all well and good having 100 and odd million.. But you don't spend anything.

What is it, a total of £2 mill spent this summer. Ambition!

57Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:32

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The ambition is not being in Bolton's shoes at the end of it.

My goodness, i thought that you might have seen the light by now Boggers.

58Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Enjoy it Stan. You've earned it and I wish you all the best.

I'll try to enjoy it but I find it all a complete circus.

Cheers anyway Wanderlust.  Cool

59Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know it goes against common sense thinking but I don't think BWFC's debt is a major problem.

Yes it does now clearly effect signing future players but I can't believe a £150 million debt as been built up just by bad financial management alone - people would have been shown the door a long time back if that was the case.

BWFC does have to comply with company law, so as to have its accounts independantly audited by a reputable independant company, so they must be happy enough with the size of the debt and the ability to service it and keep on trading.

No other team our size as the amount of debt we have, so we must have a unique way of financing the club.

It is my opinion that the debt is way outside Davies ability to bankroll so others must be involved.

The length of the call back of the debt - 10 years - shows that there is also no hurry for it to be repaid - so somebody clearly as money to burn.

So it simply seems to me that although the debt is huge, nobody seems to want the money back and are happy to keep paying the ongoing costs of the club - which can't be running at a profit even now.

So although I rather see Bolton to act in the way most other clubs do, with vastly better debt amounts, I somehow think the massive 'paper' debt we have, isn't the problem that it appears it should be.

60Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Thu Aug 21 2014, 03:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Any foreign manager will do....preferably one that doesn't speak a word of English.  No way he could ever understand what fat Phil is talking about. Just stick to what's happening on the pitch.
Of course strictly speaking the last two don't speak English either   Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum