Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go, but who's next ?

+19
Soul Kitchen
observer
boltonbonce
rammywhite
terenceanne
White84
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
JAH
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Which one would you have

Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 12:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

That's like saying they'd give their right arm to be ambidextrous.
Plus you have no evidence that any of them would be in the slightest bit interested in the poisoned chalice.

Even ignoring the fact that the BWFC job is one of the most highly paid jobs outside the PL, the BWFC job is no harder than many of the lower league jobs. We aren't the only cash strapped club you know.

102Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 12:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Most managers in the lower leagues would jump at the chance to manage us, a chance for them to prove themselves at a higher level - we're maybe not be the richest of clubs but if you look at the facilities we have compared to the likes of some lower teams, we would be a god send.

Slight over reaction to say we are a poisoned chalice, especially if you look at teams like Leeds.

103Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 15:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Most managers in the lower leagues would jump at the chance to manage us, a chance for them to prove themselves at a higher level - we're maybe not be the richest of clubs but if you look at the facilities we have compared to the likes of some lower teams, we would be a god send.

Slight over reaction to say we are a poisoned chalice, especially if you look at teams like Leeds.
I agree with Nat and Aaron on this. We are actually still quite an attractive proposition for a lower league manager who's looking to make a name for himself and isn't afraid of a challenge. Quite aside from the potential increase in his pay and the facilities we already have to offer we do still have some players who are capable of being good enough to mount a respectable challenge near the top of the table. They're just being badly used, poorly coached and incorrectly managed so we don't get to see what they're capable of on anything like a regular basis. 

A young manager, or one who's been around the lower leagues and gained experience working on a very limited budget effectively would probably see us a professional challenge too good to pass up and a chance to prove he's ready to move up to bigger things. For quite a few of them Bolton Wanderers would be an ideal place to make a name for themselves because thanks to DF our expectations have been lowered and anything they did to improve our on field situation would only enhance their personal reputations. If such a man actually got us either into the playoffs or promoted then he'd be immediately seen as a virtual messiah here while other clubs would definitely sit up and take notice even in the Premier League.

104Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 15:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Most managers in the lower leagues would jump at the chance to manage us, a chance for them to prove themselves at a higher level - we're maybe not be the richest of clubs but if you look at the facilities we have compared to the likes of some lower teams, we would be a god send.

I agree with Nat and Aaron on this. We are actually still quite an attractive proposition for a lower league manager who's looking to make a name for himself and isn't afraid of a challenge. 

So who is on the list of candidates who you think could do a better job than Dougie under these circumstances and would resign their current positions to come to Bolton?

105Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 15:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I agree with Nat and Aaron on this. We are actually still quite an attractive proposition for a lower league manager who's looking to make a name for himself and isn't afraid of a challenge. 

So who is on the list of candidates who you think could do a better job than Dougie under these circumstances and would resign their current positions to come to Bolton?
I don't personally have a list yet lusty nor have I said I do. In fact I can't claim to know enough about the lower leagues to say any one particular name really springs to mind but I completely agree with you on one point. Malky shouldn't be allowed within ten miles of our car park much less be offered the manager's job. He's a scumbag and I don't want men like that anywhere near our club no matter what 'success' they might bring.

106Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 16:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oddly enough now that I think about it I actually don't think Brian McDermott would be a terrible appointment. I thought he was doing OK at Leeds until the back room stuff went insane. If he was in a stable club, even one with no money like ours I think he'd do pretty well, he'd at least stabilise the situation on field and get us into the top half. I know a lot will disagree with me but I really think he'd be worth looking at.

107Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put it this way. I don't think any of those suggested in the poll are contenders - even Browny. Now we're talking about lower league managers.
And have a look at Martin's predictions for the signings we'd make that started off the Transfer Window thread.

Both are indicative at the disparity between fans expectations and the reality of our situation.

No wonder the manager is under pressure

108Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 16:43

Let's face facts for a minute.

People are talking about bringing in a manager with a bit of a pedigree who has experience of getting a team promoted.

Great idea in principle, but these managers can command a decent wage and we have no money to offer.

(I don't care how much Freedman's on, that's his money and any replacement won't be paid anything like what he's on because the well's all but dry.)

And where's this idea that prospective candidates would be falling over themselves to come and manage us come from?

We're not a big club, we don't attract massive crowds, we're skint, the current squad's shite and we're destined for a relegation scrap this season.

We are not an attractive proposition by any stretch.

I honestly believe that we are stuck with Freedman because Gartside will see finishing one place above the bottom three as acceptable and he won't ever feel obliged to replace him because (A) he's done a great job of getting rid of the big earners and (B) Gartside doesn't give a shit what the fans think - we are not "people who know football" and so our opinion doesn't count.

We're screwed.

109Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I have little doubt 99% of League 1 & 2 managers would quit their club today for the BWFC job - if you think otherwise you've lost touch with football and society in general.

How many of them could do a good job is anyones guess, but people like Karl Robinson (MK Dons), Phil Parkinson (Bradford), Graham Alexander (Fleetwood), Mark Cooper (Swindon), Shaun Derry (Notts County), Gary Rowett (Burton) have all done well on budgets much smaller than ours.

110Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 17:19

"I have little doubt 99% of League 1 & 2 managers would quit their club today for the BWFC job" says Nat.

Given that there are 48 managers currently working in Leagues One & Two, by your calculations, that means there is roughly half a man who wouldn't want the Bolton job.

Who is he and which half is it, top or bottom?

111Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 17:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Given that there are 48 managers currently working in Leagues One & Two, by your calculations, that means there is roughly half a man who wouldn't want the Bolton job.

Who is he and which half is it, top or bottom?

You're over thinking this.

112Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Mon Aug 25 2014, 17:30

Do you think?

113Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 08:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I have little doubt 99% of League 1 & 2 managers would quit their club today for the BWFC job - if you think otherwise you've lost touch with football and society in general.

How many of them could do a good job is anyones guess, but people like Karl Robinson (MK Dons), Phil Parkinson (Bradford), Graham Alexander (Fleetwood), Mark Cooper (Swindon), Shaun Derry (Notts County), Gary Rowett (Burton) have all done well on budgets much smaller than ours.
For all the reasons Bread outlined in 108 (and a couple more besides) I don't believe any of these guys would pack in what they're doing to come to Bolton - especially as all of them apart from Gary Rowett are in with a chance of being in a league above Bolton next season.

114Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 08:56

I'd try and get Steve Evans from Rotherham. Used to play for us (very briefly), looks a bit like John Mcginlay and could give Eddie tips on how to save money avoiding taxes.

115Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 09:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
For all the reasons Bread outlined in 108 (and a couple more besides) I don't believe any of these guys would pack in what they're doing to come to Bolton.

Then you're a bellend.

If someone came to 99.9% of people and offered to triple their wages to work for a bigger company with magnificent facilities they would quit on the spot. Regardless of how difficult the job is perceived to be

116Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 10:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
For all the reasons Bread outlined in 108 (and a couple more besides) I don't believe any of these guys would pack in what they're doing to come to Bolton.

Then you're a bellend.
If you say so.

117Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 11:31

I'm actually starting to think that Nat's gone like Al Pacino did in Serpico - the lines between the "legend" and reality have started to become blurred to the point where "she" no longer knows what "she" believes and is confusing reality with fiction.

"Her" handlers should pull her out now, before it's too late and "she" winds up proper mental.....

118Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 16:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anything less than 9 points from the next 5 league games and I'm joining the 'Freedman Out!' brigade.

None of the above managerial replacements interest me. I just don't understand why we aren't fine-combing the German, French and Spanish leagues to unearth our next God-like manager. Forget the failures - let's bring in some fresh ideas.

119Time to go, but who's next ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Time to go, but who's next ? Tue Aug 26 2014, 19:27

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think that's financial Finlay mate.
Although the facilities ground,the expansion suggests we are not a club as say Bolton Wanderers circa 1990.
As much as Burnden Park will always have a place in my soul,when they built the Normid on the side of the Railway Embankment it was a broken down ramshackled ground was Burnden Park.
Then I never would have believed that 17 years later on a cold night in Germany would we be taking on Bayern Munich.
I was speaking to Copper Dragon who is a Burnley fan and I asked him what was better beating Orient 2-0 ( I think that's who they played) to stay in Division 4 or getting Promotion to the Premiership.I already knew his answer,staying in the leauge.

Now look at Burnley a decent manager got a good side up out of a tough division.Football isn't Rocket Science although DF thinks it is.
A tactically astute manager which he isn't.He is a football killer.All this 2 holding midfielders.When we last went up the Midfield was Gardener,Nolan,Frandsen and Farrelly.Farelly scored the 1st Gardener the 3rd attack,attack,attack.3-0.

DF seems to try n contain the game and hopefully we will win.The definition of Madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Welcome to Dougle Land.

I'd love Hierro/ Campo combination but I'm dreaming but sometimes dreams come true!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum