Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Footballers Ponces?

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
kennster
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
JAH
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
White84
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 10:51

The fact is?! Hahaha stupidest thing you've ever said.

42Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:The fact is?! Hahaha stupidest thing you've ever said.
You know most people who claim to be depressed are putting it on, trying to make people feel sorry for them. Don't deny it.

43Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:21

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:People are missing my point. I do have empathy for people that are unhappy, I'm just tired of people being labelled "depressed" as though it's the next stage up from simply being unhappy.

But obviously going to the doctors saying you are unhappy is going to get you nowhere, so people trot out the "depression" tag to get attention or drugs.

I've had people ring in saying they are unable to work because they are depressed. I ask them how they know they are depressed and they always answer "..because I'm REALLY unhappy". I tell them if they're not at their desk in 30 minutes they really will have something to be unhappy about.

Angry Dad is trying to use mental illness as an excuse for depression, but that is a completely different argument and one I'm not qualified to comment on.

If you're unhappy do something about it. Get out more, meet people, join a club, go dogging, do whatever makes you happy. Don't sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle telling the world you are depressed.
She had depression and they wrongly put her in a horrible place which they later admitted was a mistake and let her go home,she had a lot things in her life going wrong that caused her depression which is an illness, and when those things stopped she gradually got better but it took a long time. They are a lot more understanding about depression now. I'm not interested in people using it as an excuse for getting a day off or a bad back, Depression is real and it is a serious condition and your comment on Gary Speed is appalling. I know you like to play these games but frankly nat you are going too far this time.

44Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 12:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:She had depression and they wrongly put her in a horrible place which they later admitted was a mistake and let her go home,she had a lot things in her life going wrong that caused her depression which is an illness, and when those things stopped she gradually got better but it took a long time. They are a lot more understanding about depression now. I'm not interested in people using it as an excuse for getting a day off or a bad back, Depression is real and it is a serious condition and your comment on Gary Speed is appalling. I know you like to play these games but frankly nat you are going too far this time.
My comments are aimed at people who are unhappy but use "depression" to seek attention, skive off work, or get drugs from lazy doctors. I think we all know someone who claims to be depressed when all they're doing is wallowing in their own self pity. My comments are not aimed at the mentally ill.

My Gary Speed comment was out of order? The guy hung himself knowing full well his kids would come home to find him. If you're going to kill yourself spare a thought for the poor sucker who's going to find you.

45Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 13:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Perhaps you should spend a couple of weeks in K2 Nat then you can decide who should be discharged and who is really poorly.
You are an insensitive pompous and clueless cnut at times, and this thread is the time.
Get from out of your bedroom and smell some fresh air, and whilst you are at it take a walk, as previously mentioned, down to K2 ward!!

46Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Perhaps you should spend a couple of weeks in K2 Nat then you can decide who should be discharged and who is really poorly.
You are an insensitive pompous and clueless cnut at times, and this thread is the time.
Get from out of your bedroom and smell some fresh air, and whilst you are at it take a walk, as previously mentioned, down to K2 ward!!
What you mean is, I say the things others are scared to say.

47Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No Nat, what he means is you're an insensitive pompous and clueless cunt.

48Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:50

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

My mum was given anti-depressants, then started to randomly have seizures, had around 50 seizures in 2 weeks and had to be put into a coma to stop the seizures. She was also resuscitated twice and was in hospital for 3 months. She's only just started driving again and going back to work.

All because a doctor gave my mum anti depressants for stress, not depression.

49Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 19:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Perhaps you should spend a couple of weeks in K2 Nat then you can decide who should be discharged and who is really poorly.
What you mean is, I say the things others are scared to say.
No you are exactly as I said!! Ask your doctor friend about the symptoms of altzeimers and depression in a newly bereaved person of late sixties onwards you thick twat!!!
I know, I've seen it happen to a close relative, perhaps she was just swinging the lead, or maybe then again you have gone beyond the pail with this one. I think the latter.

50Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 19:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't take him on Soul, fucking saying that about speedo, he /she doesn't know fuckall about fuckall,

51Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 20:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I wouldn't take him on Soul, fucking saying that about speedo, he /she doesn't know fuckall about fuckall,
If you were going to kill yourself Scott would you do it away from your kids or would you do it at home knowing they would find you?

You know I'm right.

52Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 20:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I wouldn't take him on Soul, fucking saying that about speedo, he /she doesn't know fuckall about fuckall,
If you were going to kill yourself Scott would you do it away from your kids or would you do it at home knowing they would find you?

You know I'm right.

I would come to your council flat and take you with me so people didn't have to put up reading your bollocks anymore Very Happy

53Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 20:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For fuck sake it doesn't know whether to stand up or sit down when it pisses, never mind pontificate on medical matters. Lowlife I'm afraid.

54Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 21:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been plagued with depression throughout my adult life yet never once have I complained.

55Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 22:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Until you've been there, depression is nothing that won't go away without a change in attitude and activities. It's true that a distinction has to be made between people experiencing plain unhappiness due to challenging events or circumstances, and people suffering misery for no tangible reason. The former scenario is just life. The latter is an illness, medically no different to others completely understood and accepted by society.

Call it what you want. Depression, mental illness, mad, potty. People suffer from an incapability to control their thoughts, emotions and actions, and as such should be treated with the same compassion as any unwell member of society.

56Are Footballers Ponces? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Footballers Ponces? Tue Nov 05 2013, 22:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Until you've been there, depression is nothing that won't go away without a change in attitude and activities. It's true that a distinction has to be made between people experiencing plain unhappiness due to challenging events or circumstances, and people suffering misery for no tangible reason. The former scenario is just life. The latter is an illness, medically no different to others completely understood and accepted by society.

Call it what you want. Depression, mental illness, mad, potty. People suffer from an incapability to control their thoughts, emotions and actions, and as such should be treated with the same compassion as any unwell member of society.
Good post that doffcocker :good: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum