Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knight - More to come from Chungy

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knight - More to come from Chungy  Empty Knight - More to come from Chungy Wed Nov 06 2013, 11:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Club captain Zat Knight says he was delighted to see Chung-Yong Lee back in the thick of the action in the recent win at AFC Bournemouth.

After a subdued start to the season Chung-Yong impressed on the south coast, particularly in the first half in which he claimed the assist to David Ngog’s opening goal.

The Korean was deployed on the left side of midfield for the duration of the game before being replaced by Knight with eight minutes of play remaining.

“All of the lads we’re happy for him,” Knight said. “I think he’s been a bit frustrated with the way the season has gone for him so far but we all know he is a quality player.

“He not only did a shift going forwards at the weekend, but he did his fair share of defensive work too.

“Early on in the game their right-back went through him a few times, but Chungy picked himself up and got on with it. He’s learning to look after himself in this league and it will certainly help improve him as a player in the long run.

“There are times when he probably needs to be a bit greedier when in good positions, but I think Saturday was a reminder of what a good player we have on our hands.

“I’ve played with him for a number of years now and he’s a great guy. On the pitch he’s certainly a big player for us in this league.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hope you're right Zat. CYL has the talent and ability and lord knows we need him to use it. We also need him to show he wants to play here because some of his performances this season have looked like he was just going through the motions to be honest.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CYL was in the Championship dream team last weekend.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat Knight isn't the club captain anymore, is he.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:CYL was in the Championship dream team last weekend.
And deservedly so but some of his early season performances have been poor and even as a die hard Chung fan I'd have to say he was underperforming so badly it made little sense to keep him in the starting lineup. That said, hopefully his performance against Bournemouth is just the start of the return of the player we know he can be.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, what is it with all these players bigging each other up? Does anyone really give a shiny shite what Zat Knight thinks about Chungy Lee?

I don't remember John McGinlay revealing that Alan Thompson was fucking brilliant or Keith Branagan was back to his best.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck me, what is it with all these players bigging each other up? Does anyone really give a shiny shite what Zat Knight thinks about Chungy Lee?

I don't remember John McGinlay revealing that Alan Thompson was fucking brilliant or Keith Branagan was back to his best.
Jesus nat, what's wrong with a little back of public camaraderie? I personally think it's good to hear the players being positive about each other; it fosters an image of a decent team spirit and God knows we need it. Seriously, what's so bad about the club captain saying what we all know, that CYL is a cracking player when he's on form and that he thinks this might be the start of better things to come? 

The way the game is played on and off the field has changed since the White Hot Years and this is just one of the things a club does today; I remember Gerrard bigging up Suarez last season and this and Giggs bigging up Rooney. It's football in the twenty first century and frankly it's not worth getting in such a dither about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum