Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chungy?

+13
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
cairocuz
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chungy? Empty Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 18:16

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think he really needs to go in the summer. His confidence is rock bottom, he has been very poor since he came back from his leg break and I thought he was dreadful yesterday, his crossing is embarrassing at times and we might get our money back on him, if we're lucky.

What does everybody else think?

2Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 18:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chungy was at his best in Coyle's first full season when he had the simple role of playing down the right in a basic 4-4-2 formation.

Under Dougie he's often had to play on the left, or even worse, in a free role, neither of which do him justice.

Nonetheless, he's lost some spark since his injury and doesn't justify the money we're paying him.

3Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 18:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. He has been pretty poor this season.

4Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 18:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Joining stoke in the summer. Done deal

5Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 18:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

They can bloody have him.

6Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 19:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i said on another thread that Chungy doesn't play well in this narrow 442 formation and especially when he plays on the left. He still tries but i think his hearts not in it any more, time for a move i think and get a couple of million in the bank for him.

7Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 19:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chungy's heart isn't in it anymore, like it was when he first arrived.

He plays well for his country, but has gone stagnant playing for dull us, he needs to move on, for his own sake.

8Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wish we had a manager who could bring out the best in CYL, he has real talent and at his best he's a joy to watch. Sadly we have a clown in command and Chungy has no idea from one week to the next where he's going to play or what he'll be expected to do. He's a winger in the old classic mould and he needs to be played as one. Dougie won't do that anyway so if a decent offer like 2mil or more comes in then we should take it.

9Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:32

Now it's Dougie's fault Lee hasn't regained the form he showed before he broke his leg? Rubbish. This is the problem at the moment, the Freedman out crew can't wait to blame anything and everything on him given the chance. Lee's best spell since return came in the second half of last season (under Freedman), he's no classic winger who will beat two defenders and whip in a dangerous cross. His short game and quick interplay with others is his strength. 

I think he's disillusioned being in the championship, he's also lost some confidence and pace since his injury. He'd be more suited to the European game IMO, it's a shame but he's just not the right fit for us at the moment.

10Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:40

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

not at is best anymore seems afraid to take anybody on

11Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Now it's Dougie's fault Lee hasn't regained the form he showed before he broke his leg? Rubbish. This is the problem at the moment, the Freedman out crew can't wait to blame anything and everything on him given the chance. Lee's best spell since return came in the second half of last season (under Freedman), he's no classic winger who will beat two defenders and whip in a dangerous cross. His short game and quick interplay with others is his strength. 

I think he's disillusioned being in the championship, he's also lost some confidence and pace since his injury. He'd be more suited to the European game IMO, it's a shame but he's just not the right fit for us at the moment.
I don't blame Dougie for the loss of confidence per se mate, just feel that he hasn't really given CYL the best chance to get it back by playing the lad in his preferred role as a winger. Sadly I think Lee has real talent which he can't show under the "system" we've played for most of this season and it hasn't helped him get that swagger back. I want Dougie gone because of his management as a whole not because of one player. 

I think you're most likely right about Chungy having a better time in Italy or Spain in particular but I just wish Dougie could have got the best out of what is arguably our most talented fit player. As I said if a decent offer comes in I think we should now take it and let both sides (club and player) part amicably.

12Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 21:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Lee's best spell since return came in the second half of last season (under Freedman)

Hardly saying much when you think Freedman has been manager for about 90% of that time frame.

I don't hold him wholly responsible for Lee not being as sharp as he was. Far from it. It would just really help for him to be given a role that he's suited to. Some players are better at using the outside of their foot than the inside and it's those players that are best suited to playing on their weaker side. This clearly doesn't apply to CYL. It's not even like he's good at coming inside and shooting or hitting a dangerous cross. He looks incredibly blunt when he picks up the ball on the left and brings it onto his right. And then there's the role where he's expected to do two wingers' jobs, and tends to just get lost entirely.

13Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 22:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's been shite this season, he's also afraid to shoot

14Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 22:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The last decent game for me was against birmingham in the fa cup quater final.

He needs a move for our and his own sake, I think you will see the real chungy during the world cup - let's face it he must be doing something right for Korea or he wouldn't be the captain.

15Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 22:48

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He was that bad yesterday,  he had all the time in the world to get the ball in the box on at least two ocasions and over hit it both times.

Sad really because on his day he has that extra bit of skill to control the ball and turn a player.

16Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 22:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Let's be honest with Chungy this season he like a few players hasn't been given a proper run in the side to even build up any confidence.

He worked well last season with Alonso because he was playing regular with Alonso behind him, plus he had a specific role in the side.

17Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Sun Mar 16 2014, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good idea of Coyle's to play non league opposition as a warm up for a Premier League season.

Bit of a shock that some unknown or two tried that extra bit harder to get spotted by a bigger club that such a match would give them the opportunity to make a name for themselves.

I'm surprised that no other Premier clubs do the same!

Nice one Owen.

18Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Mon Mar 17 2014, 07:42

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think the guy is disillusioned in what is going on at the club, he would have been promised the world was his Oyster instead it's Big Mac meal, he still shows glimpses of his talent which he no doubt has but his desire has gone along with a few others I guess.

19Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Mon Mar 17 2014, 08:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee is too slow, can't cross and can't shoot.

At my school he'd have been picked after the fat kids.

20Chungy? Empty Re: Chungy? Mon Mar 17 2014, 08:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's had every opportunity to showcase his ability, but his performances have been poor and although I've said he should go for some time now, I'd be surprised if anyone wants him. His market value has plummeted but we should be prepared to take a hit on that to free up wages so he ends up as an unexceptional  midfielder
Problem is he can't cross or shoot well enough for a traditional winger. 
If Dougie can get rid in the summer along with Eagles, Mears, Cavies, Knight, Sordell, Andrews, Eaves and another round of U21s that aren't hacking it (plus one or two others that haven't hacked it) there should be enough wages to push on with building an affordable and committed team.
I'm fed up with "big names" and ours have been shown to be average by the next generation of emerging talent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum