Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was your first weeks wage

+6
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What was your first weeks wage Empty What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:20

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

When you left school?

2What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:28

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

£23.50.

3What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure of the full wage, but I was working at Greenhalghs bakery for £2.60 an hour!!

4What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:31

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Don't ask Glos, he would have received his wages in Groat's.

5What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:40

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

£27.30 on a yts scheme. The second year shot up to a whopping £35.00 a week.

6What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My first weeks wage was £66. I can remember it well because I had just left school and at that time the bin men were on £45 a week and it was considered good money.

Back then you could buy a packet of twenty fags and have a couple of pints and still have change from a £1.

7What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should point out that my basic wage was about £45 per week after tax but I did two hours overtime at night and worked Saturday morning.

8What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:45

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I should point out that my basic wage was about £45 per week after tax but I did two hours overtime at night and worked Saturday morning.
and what year was that

9What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a guess four eyes!

10What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 21:58

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

11What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

£5.33 as an Engineering apprentice.

12What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You lot were lucky. Mine was £7-10 shillings ( that's £7.50 in the new money.
That makes me fairly ancient- but I'm still working!!

13What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

£27.30 back in 1986 was pretty shit. I mean that wouldn't even get you an adult ticket at the Reebok supporting Burnley on a freezing cold Tuesday night these days.

14What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:1066

Close. You are only out by 911 years.  Laughing 

15What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:28

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

1977 feck off your older than that.

16What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:29

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My first job I only lasted a day , thought fuck this  I'm not doing this for the rest of my life.

Anyway I still went for my wage, got 16 shillings and 80 pence.

Got offered job at Whittikers in Bolton 79shillings a week but I never took it.

Had over 20 different jobs all crap upto being 20.

Then settled down in my main job for nearly 30yrs, retired now.

17What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:33

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:You lot were lucky. Mine was £7-10 shillings ( that's £7.50 in the new money.
That makes me fairly ancient- but I'm still working!!

Snap, and me!!

18What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:1977 feck off your older than that.

I kid you not. Back in 1977 you could get a packet of fags for under 30p. A pint of beer was about 28p. Geenhall Whitley's and Tetley's beers were the main breweries in Bolton.

19What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 22:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:£27.30 on a yts scheme. The second year shot up to a whopping £35.00 a week.
 same here!

20What was your first weeks wage Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 23:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:1977 feck off your older than that.

I kid you not. Back in 1977 you could get a packet of fags for under 30p. A pint of beer was about 28p. Geenhall Whitley's and Tetley's beers were the main breweries in Bolton.

Are you sure you don't mean Warrington?
Magee Marshall was taken over by Greenhalls when I was a lad and produced pop on Derby Street at Cambrian works.
Tetleys ale has been brewed over the years in Wire and Leeds to my knowledge, never in Bolton.
I do stand to be corrected on this as I have great interest in the finer points of Ale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum