Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was your first weeks wage

+6
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mine must have been about £22.50 per week, as I got around £90 monthly salary when I first started work.

That would have been the gross amount too!

Magee Marshall was the Bolton brewers.

22What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 23:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Magee Marshall was bought by Greenhalls in 59 apparently and ceased brewing in 1970.

23What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Tue Jan 14 2014, 23:30

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

OY Trotter you lying pig.

24What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Wed Jan 15 2014, 07:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:Magee Marshall was bought by Greenhalls in 59 apparently and ceased brewing in 1970.

I had a summer job with Magee Marshall after my first year at University- working on the drays delivering the beer. You got a free pint on every drop- about eight a day. That meant I got home at about 6pm pissed as a newt every day- generally too pissed to go out again. The trouble was that the driver also got about 8 free pints a day- and kept on driving. No so good when I think back.

25What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Wed Jan 15 2014, 08:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Magee Marshall was bought by Greenhalls in 59 apparently and ceased brewing in 1970.

I had a summer job with Magee Marshall after my first year at University- working on the drays delivering the beer. You got a free pint on every drop- about eight a day. That meant I got home at about 6pm pissed as a newt every day- generally too pissed to go out again. The trouble was that the driver also got about 8 free pints a day- and kept on driving. No so good when I think back.

The things we did when we were young eh!?! Very Happy

26What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Wed Jan 15 2014, 11:14

Not a full weekly wage, but my first ever pay packet (when they were still actual brown packets with real money in them) was about 15 quid for 2 shifts washing pans at the Coaching House when I was doing my A Levels.

And being green as grass, I left it in my coat pocket in the changing room.

And a thieving little scrote called Harvey Nibblett nicked it. He was one of the chefs and was apparently renowned for lifting stuff.

He joined the RAF shortly after and I haven't seen him since, so I can only hope the Taliban got the twat.

27What was your first weeks wage - Page 2 Empty Re: What was your first weeks wage Wed Jan 15 2014, 11:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:1977 feck off your older than that.

I kid you not. Back in 1977 you could get a packet of fags for under 30p. A pint of beer was about 28p. Geenhall Whitley's and Tetley's beers were the main breweries in Bolton.

Are you sure you don't mean Warrington?
Magee Marshall was taken over by Greenhalls when I was a lad and produced pop on Derby Street at Cambrian works.
Tetleys ale has been brewed over the years in Wire and Leeds to my knowledge, never in Bolton.
I do stand to be corrected on this as I have great interest in the finer points of Ale.

When I said breweries I meant pubs. A number of Greenhall's pubs still had the Magee Marshall's logos on the windows. There were a few Whitbread pubs like the Cattle Market but by and large all the pubs in Bolton were either Tetley or Greenhall's.

Greenhall's did their own lager which was called Grunhalle and was shite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum