Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+25
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Barryjw
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Tigermin
carrs
observer
aaron_bwfc
Leeds_Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 20]

341January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 12:14

In fairness it's impossible to say at the moment Breadman. I certainly don't think losing Cravies and N'gog is a massive blow to our starting 11, the Juke could be pretty useful going off what I've read about him, and if Trotter is the box to box midfielder we've been missing for years then we could actually hold the ball in midfield and beote of a threat going forward.

What's essential; as I'm sure Dougie knows, is to get a defender and a striker when the loan window reopens!

342January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 12:40

Sorry lads, but I'm not buying it.

Everybody knew going into January that we desperately needed a left back and we don't score enough goals.

Letting two strikers go wouldn't be a problem if he'd brought at least two in.

But he didn't.

He's gambled on a bloke who already looks like he can't hack it in the Championship and gives us no reason to believe he's any better than the two who've left.

So in nett terms, we are were we were a month ago but with less cover available.

The fact that he put all his eggs in one basket by wasting all month chasing Mason says a lot about his lack of a Plan B.

As for the defence, ditto McNaughton.

Do we seriously believe there weren't any experienced defenders out there to pick up?

The latest figures I could find indicate that there are nearly four thousand professional players registered in England alone.

Surely there must be someone available.....?

343January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 12:48

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm pretty sure Mason will sign for us once the loan window opens, he's had some personal problems I believe. Dawson could well be done as well and with him rejecting Wigan, hopefully he'll sign for us instead.

We obviously need a full back as well and fingers crossed we'll get one in as well.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic!  Smile

344January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 12:50

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:
Triumph wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:So let me get this straight......

We've let Ngog and Craig Davies go, so this Boro reject who has never started a game for BWFC is now our only striking option?

We have the worst defence in the division but Dougie has decided to "go with what we've got" and signs another anonymous midfielder to add to the already mediocre midfield ranks.

I'm sorry, but surely the last of the happy clappers can now acknowledge the guy is a complete tool. The loaning out of Craig Davies is typical Dougie. Signs him for £300k, hardly gives him a kick, then fooks him off to PNE.

Sums the situation up in a few sentences Nat , the guy is an out and out fuckwit,it will take relegation before Fartside acts !

Knob.
I think you speak for the majority of us Natasha.
spot on Natasha, Dougie has lost the plot completely.

345January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 12:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

If we can get a left back in on top of that then we are laughing.

Very Happy 

No, we are fucked.

346January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 13:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha whittam wrote: Very Happy 

No, we are fucked.

I'm not a negative old bint. We are far from fucked

347January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 13:40

Believe it or not, Boggers, in life, I'm generally quite a positive person.

But I'm also a realist.

And all this "there's a long-term plan in place" guff coming out of the club is just smoke and mirrors, designed to mask the fact that we are well and truly fucked.

This is like the early 80's but with one big difference: Back then we were skint, but now not only are we skint, we're £170m in debt.

Gartside gambled on staying in the Prem long enough to get the new TV money and clear the debt.

Coyle fucked that up by getting relegated and we are now officially screwed.

What we need is a manager who can operate on a budget of precisely zero pounds, get the players in the squad performing to the best of their ability and scour the market for cheap replacements, whilst keeping us bobbing along in the middle of the Championship until the dead wood has been removed.

Freedman is not that man.

Look at the league table. We are flirting dangerously with going down. Again......

I'm not saying it's an easy job; that's why Dougie's on the big bucks, but forget all this back room, restructuring and long-term bollocks, his primary objective is to keep us in the Championship and it looks to me as though he is failing.

We've gone backwards massively under Freedman and if we all keep crossing our fingers and backing him, I can only see it ending one way: Relegation and in 12 months time we'll look back and ask ourselves "how did that happen?"

And the answer is, yet again Gartside gambled on a manager who wasn't up to it and backed him for far too long.

348January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Sat Feb 01 2014, 15:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

For a squad as shit as ours, we need some loan help. Not getting those loans during the regular transfer window does not mean we won't get them during the loan window. There will be some players who can do a job for who saw moves being made with no interest in them from other quarters and/or saw players brought in for their position. There will be people who want to play (unlike our ponces) who would jump at the chance to come to a team where they are almost guaranteed to be better than the players already there. Not difficult, you only need to be able to pass, control and shoot a bit and have a little common sense. Having players who can't do what is required doesn't help the team.Sending them on loan elsewhere at least saves the club some money. What sense is there in having a striker who can't score goals, on the pitch or on the bench? Get them out and make funds available to loan players who may be able to assist us in our current plight. Not brain surgery, I think.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

349January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 22:18

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nixon tweeted tonight, news of Dawson and Bolton Wanderers in mirroe tomorrow, mmmmm, what to make of that.

350January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 22:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Nixon tweeted tonight, news of Dawson and Bolton Wanderers in mirroe tomorrow, mmmmm, what to make of that.

Sounds exciting!  Very Happy

If he does join, let's hope he will be on loan for the rest of the season and not here for a month.

351January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 22:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Nixon tweeted tonight, news of Dawson and Bolton Wanderers in mirroe tomorrow, mmmmm, what to make of that.

I do hope there is some truth in this.

352January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 22:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The news is that he will join us when the window opens.

353January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 22:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good. He can organize the back four like he did last time. The future will be looking a lot brighter if we can get him back till the end of the season.

354January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 22:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not too bothered anyway. Without him we finish lower midtable, with him we finish a little higher, then he returns to WBA and a premiership club buy him.

355January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 23:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he is as good as he was last time the club may free up some of the Ngog money to make him the mainstay of our defence. He's a Rochdale lad with family there, so why would he want to go back to WBA to get splinters in his arse and never play?

356January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 23:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a real shame we couldn't get him on a loan with a view to a permanent deal and pay the money we did for Cahill from Villa.

I know we have no money so I will stop dreaming I guess!

He just really is wasted at WBA.

357January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 23:09

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry but I think there are far more important positions to strengthen than centre half, left back for a start. With Wheater back soon it's just another waste by Freedman.

358January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 23:12

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Agreed 63 but if you score more than the opposition it doesnt matter how shit the defence is !!! So maybe 4-4-2 and more than one fit striker might help ????

359January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Feb 05 2014, 23:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:Agreed 63 but if you score more than the opposition it doesnt matter how shit the defence is !!! So maybe 4-4-2 and more than one fit striker might help ????

Quite true and Dawson is at both ends when it matters, scoring goals and defending.

Sounds good to me Smile

360January transfer window - Page 18 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Feb 06 2014, 06:04

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Calm down he ain't commin here. Who in their right mind wants to risk being associated with a relegation scrap when you don't know which way it will go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum