Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+25
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Barryjw
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Tigermin
carrs
observer
aaron_bwfc
Leeds_Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

391January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Feb 10 2014, 22:37

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Bolton News understands a bid to bring in a defender on loan yesterday fell through.

More importantly did it fall through from our end? Have the board vetoed DFs attempts to get this player? Very very interesting

392January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Feb 10 2014, 22:40

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The left back is West Brom's Goran Popov.

He likes grobbing on opponents as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

393January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Feb 11 2014, 15:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The popov deal is the one that fell through apparently.

394January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Feb 11 2014, 15:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nixon says it has something to do with the premier leauge blocking it.

395January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Feb 11 2014, 18:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Nixon says it has something to do with the premier leauge blocking it.
Is he from outside the EU aaron? If so he might have had to get a new work permit to come here and that could be a problem if he just got one for WBA. I think there's a regulation about how many clubs one player can be registered with in a twelve month period as well, two is the max if I recall it correctly. To go to a third requires a special dispensation from FIFA if memory serves. How many clubs has Popov had in the last calendar year?

Other than the two possible reasons I've stated above I can't see why the Premier League would block it and I don't think they'd have jurisdiction on those two points anyway. I do seem to recall a maximum number of players being loaned to one club from another but I thought that was two and it only applied if both clubs were in the premiership. 

It seems odd that the PL would have the power to block it and even if they did why would they do so arbitrarily? They'd need a solid reason, something in the regulations they can point to.

396January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Feb 11 2014, 18:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's on loan at west brom from Dynamo kyiv

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum