Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 signings before QPR

+9
Barryjw
Triumph
observer
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

212 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:I bet we'll sign some fucker.
What country is he from?

222 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:49 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I bet we'll sign some fucker.
What country is he from?

it could be some fucker from anywhere.

232 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 pm

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Remember swansea wanted him in the summer but baulked at his wage demands and I'd bet he hasn't dropped them 

If it is a loan he's not making any wage demands, his contract doesn't change. Swansea will pay a % of his wage for the duration of the loan.

242 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yesterday proved without Ngog it's going to be Bolton Nil.

252 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Triumph wrote:Yesterday proved without Ngog it's going to be Bolton Nil.
For most of the time he has been with us its been Bolton Nil!!!

262 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:11 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:
TBF in some games we were lucky to get nil.

272 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Barryjw wrote:
You can't score if you are not on the pitch!

282 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well, N'Gog has gone so boggers is now halfway to winning the bet. You'll have an lPp free week starting Saturday Feb 2nd and I shall not return until Feb 9th. I just hope DF signs someone decent and NOT this guy from Boro who has 2 goals in 24 matches and is struggling for form and fitness according to sky sports news. 

We don't need another dud benchwarmer, we need some real quality and pronto.

292 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:24 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More now on the news that Swansea have bolstered their attacking options with the signing of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Bolton. The striker has joined for an undisclosed fee after passing a medical on Monday afternoon and the Swans are hoping he will be cleared by the Premier League to line up against Fulham tomorrow.

Thank you and goodnight!
Quality in please.

302 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Triumph wrote:
Barryjw wrote:
You can't score if you are not on the pitch!
I was referring to the times he was on the pitch!

312 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It does seem odd that we are struggling for a fit striker and we have sold Ngog who is fit. I can only guess the money for his wages will be used to bring others in.

322 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:34 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just asked Marc Iles on twitter regarding Albrighton and he reckons their is nothing in the story, shame he's a cracking player.

332 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Luckypeterpiper obviously is in the know, he'll look a bit foolish if we sign a decent player like mcnaughton or Dawson. I suppose letting n'gog possibly leave for Swansea and freeing up around 800k in wages won't give dougie some manoeuvre in the transfer market.  What do I know?  
Culceth I don't claim to be in the know mate. I just believe that if Ngog was going to move it would have happened already. Remember swansea wanted him in the summer but baulked at his wage demands and I'd bet he hasn't dropped them 'cos DF says he HOPES the lure of Premiership football will be enough to make Ngog move not that he KNOWS it's going to happen. 

If I'm wrong and we do sign McNaughton or Dawson or preferably both then I'll be more than happy to hold my hand up and say I was wrong after my week off. I want what's good for the club and would much rather be proven to be a cynical twit than be given the opportunity to say "I told you so" because if I'm right I fear we might even wind up in serious danger of going down again. 

By the way where does the 800K figure come from? Ngog is only being mooted as a loan move to swansea and with about fifteen weeks of the season left that comes out at more than fifty K a week. I heard he was on about 20 - 25 so at most we'd free up 400K and that's assuming the swans would pay ALL his wages which they've already refused to do once.
So there we go, N'Gog has gone, even though you said in an another post he wouldn't go. N'Gog signed a 3 year deal with us on 31 August 2011 and he was on £32K a week, multiply that by say 25 weeks left on his contract and there you have the 800K figure.

We will also receive a nice little bonus if Swansea stay up as well.

342 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:08 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Luckypeterpiper obviously is in the know, he'll look a bit foolish if we sign a decent player like mcnaughton or Dawson. I suppose letting n'gog possibly leave for Swansea and freeing up around 800k in wages won't give dougie some manoeuvre in the transfer market.  What do I know?  
Culceth I don't claim to be in the know mate. I just believe that if Ngog was going to move it would have happened already. Remember swansea wanted him in the summer but baulked at his wage demands and I'd bet he hasn't dropped them 'cos DF says he HOPES the lure of Premiership football will be enough to make Ngog move not that he KNOWS it's going to happen. 

If I'm wrong and we do sign McNaughton or Dawson or preferably both then I'll be more than happy to hold my hand up and say I was wrong after my week off. I want what's good for the club and would much rather be proven to be a cynical twit than be given the opportunity to say "I told you so" because if I'm right I fear we might even wind up in serious danger of going down again. 

By the way where does the 800K figure come from? Ngog is only being mooted as a loan move to swansea and with about fifteen weeks of the season left that comes out at more than fifty K a week. I heard he was on about 20 - 25 so at most we'd free up 400K and that's assuming the swans would pay ALL his wages which they've already refused to do once.
So there we go, N'Gog has gone, even though you said in an another post he wouldn't go. N'Gog signed a 3 year deal with us on 31 August 2011 and he was on £32K a week, multiply that by say 25 weeks left on his contract and there you have the 800K figure.

Ok Culceth, thanks for that mate. Didn't realise he was on that much. Like I said I felt he wouldn't go but he has and so be it. I do think it could be good for us in the long run but with just one fit striker left I'm hoping we haven't shot ourselves in the foot. What do you think of this middlesborough guy Jutkiewicz, 2 goals in 24 appearances isn't filling me with confidence.

352 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:11 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Ok Culceth, thanks for that mate. Didn't realise he was on that much. Like I said I felt he wouldn't go but he has and so be it. I do think it could be good for us in the long run but with just one fit striker left I'm hoping we haven't shot ourselves in the foot. What do you think of this middlesborough guy Jutkiewicz, 2 goals in 24 appearances isn't filling me with confidence.

This Jutkiewicz bloke makes me feel that he is another N'gog although it would seem that his best scoring days so far was at Coventry City (67 appearances, 18 goals) and Motherwell (33 appearances, 12 goals).

His current record at Middlesbrough is 44 appearances with just 11 goals.

The only good thing I suppose is that he will be on loan and won't cost £4 million like N'gog did!

362 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be honest, I don't know anything about Jutkiewicz. I think his average goal scoring ratio is around 1 in 4 games,(for various clubs) he's 6ft 1 tall and I think he's more of a target man. He's only 24 and Dougie obviously thinks he can get the best out of him, time will tell. This is just a loan signing I believe, until the end of the season and the lad isn't on mega money.

I still think Dougie will try and bring in another striker, maybe in February, when the loan transfer window opens. (Mason is still his prefered choice).

372 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

please not Mason again, if we are going to play one upfront it is pointless him coming back. The lad can't play upfront on his own. This may be controversial but we should have gone for Kevin Phillips, he may be old but he knows where the back of the net is.

382 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Norpig wrote:This may be controversial but we should have gone for Kevin Phillips, he may be old but he knows where the back of the net is.

Why would he choose us over Leicester?

392 signings before QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 signings before QPR Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

more game time would be one reason, Leicester are hardly struggling to score goals are they? At least with us he would play, not full games but certainly more than he will at Leicester.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum