Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ngog switch is key to cash splash

+9
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
Mr Magoo
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Ngog’s impending move to Swansea City could unlock the door to FOUR new signings at Wanderers.

Dougie Freedman is targeting a wave of loan moves to rejuvenate his side’s season, funded by the removal of one of the squad’s biggest salaries.

Frenchman Ngog did not feature in the squad for Saturday’s 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Cardiff City, travelling instead to speak with Swans boss Michael Laudrup after their game against Birmingham City.

It is hoped the deal will happen early this week, giving Wanderers a chance to bring in some new recruits before their away double header against QPR and Ipswich Town.

While Freedman is desperate to sign new defenders – with Cardiff’s Kevin McNaughton and West Brom’s Craig Dawson high on his shortlist – it appears a new striker will be the first new player to land.

Danny Graham remains a target and the fact that Wanderers have now freed substantial room in their budget could mean the Sunderland striker is back within their financial grasp.

Speaking after Saturday’s defeat, Freedman said he may have to be a little more patient to land his defensive targets.

“Of course the Ngog deal would make it easier to get people in,” he said. “We’re carrying a Premier League wage there.

“We can bring three or four players in, which I think the group need.

“Defensively we really need them but we’re talking loans and don’t forget the loan market still goes over into February, so at the moment I just want to focus on Tuesday’s game.

“I’ve identified the players I want, I’ve made enquiries but two of these players are in the Premier League and it’s likely that their clubs will wait until after the loan window closes.”

Freedman has found his hands tied in the transfer market so far this season, with players first having to leave before he can recruit.

But while he loses one of his most recognisable names in Ngog, the striker’s move to the Liberty Stadium does give the Whites boss a semblance of freedom to pursue his targets.

“I don’t know whether it’s a relief – the board have been good letting me bring one or two in,” he said.

“Now I can really see what’s available and pick and choose the players I need, rather than be dictated to by the price.

“It gives me that room, I have got the three or four players identified so all I need now is a little bit of luck and we can bring them in.”

Source

2Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is so much riding on Ngog leaving according to this article, it's a real worry that the deal won't go through and TBH stating this publicly puts us over a barrel with both Swansea and Ngog himself.

But does the statement below imply that we are unlikely to get the defensive players we need even if Ngog leaves?

“I’ve identified the players I want, I’ve made enquiries but two of these players are in the Premier League and it’s likely that their clubs will wait until after the loan window closes.”

3Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 14:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote: “We’re carrying a Premier League wage there.

I don't believe there wasn't a relegation clause in there putting him on a Championship wage if we got relegated from the PL.

Oh hang on, this is Gartside's BWFC, of course there was no clause.

4Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 14:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog has finally gone!  cheers

5Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 14:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop teasing me....proof?

6Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 14:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Official bolton twitter account just confirmed it. Permanent deal, undisclosed fee

7Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 14:55

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

8Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

::dance::

9Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

::dance:: :drinks: ::dance:: :drinks: ::dance:: :drinks:  ::dance::  :drinks: ::dance::  :drinks: ::dance::  :drinks: ::dance::  :drinks: ::dance::  :drinks: ::dance::  :drinks: ::dance::

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:03; edited 1 time in total

10Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Striker David Ngog has completed his move from Bolton to Swansea on a deal until the end of the season.

11Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How can it be a loan deal with an undisclosed fee?

Is this with a view to a permanent move then?

12Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog switch is key to cash splash 5f64a1bc-12a4-4944-bb9f-d0fc9f792306

13Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess he has to earn himself a contract??

14Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Ngog switch is key to cash splash 5f64a1bc-12a4-4944-bb9f-d0fc9f792306

Good riddance you useless cock!

15Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:05

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

That's not very nice

16Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe we've got some cash for him

17Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:07

What time is Laudrup's brain scan scheduled for....?

Sky haven't said......

18Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:What time is Laudrup's brain scan scheduled for....?

Sky haven't said......

Very Happy 

19Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Form is temporary class is permanent.

Good luck David.

20Ngog switch is key to cash splash Empty Re: Ngog switch is key to cash splash Mon Jan 27 2014, 15:14

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Form is temporary class is permanent.

Good luck David.

Yes, good luck, David, as you clearly have neither.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum