Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dawson to Wigan according to Sky

+12
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
White84
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Sat Feb 01 2014, 00:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS live to fight another day after Craig Dawson’s proposed move to Wigan Athletic failed to make the 11pm deadline.

The club were unable to fund a deal to match that of their Lancashire neighbours this evening – leaving the centre-half clear to join Uwe Rosler’s side on loan.

But the paperwork did not get through in time, leaving the door open for Wanderers to try and fund a move in the loan window, which reopens in a fortnight.

Dawson has told friends and ex-team mates at the Reebok that he wanted to return to Bolton after failing to get regular football at Premier League West Brom.

He looked on the verge of signing for the Latics, who made their move after interest in Jack Hobbs ended when he signed for Nottingham Forest.

But the fact they missed the deadline could stand in Wanderers favour – with some fans so anxious to see the defender make a return to the club they proposed a fundraising effort via social media channels such as Twitter.

Dougie Freedman did not bolster his defence as expected, with his only senior signing on transfer deadline day being midfielder Liam Trotter.

Craig Davies departed for Preston on loan, while young Luxembourg international Yannick Bastos’s move from Differdange was also confirmed.

Joe Mason was given the green light to rejoin Wanderers on loan but turned down the move, for now, because of personal reasons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Sat Feb 01 2014, 00:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:WANDERERS live to fight another day after Craig Dawson’s proposed move to Wigan Athletic failed to make the 11pm deadline.

The club were unable to fund a deal to match that of their Lancashire neighbours this evening – leaving the centre-half clear to join Uwe Rosler’s side on loan.

But the paperwork did not get through in time, leaving the door open for Wanderers to try and fund a move in the loan window, which reopens in a fortnight.

Dawson has told friends and ex-team mates at the Reebok that he wanted to return to Bolton after failing to get regular football at Premier League West Brom.

He looked on the verge of signing for the Latics, who made their move after interest in Jack Hobbs ended when he signed for Nottingham Forest.

But the fact they missed the deadline could stand in Wanderers favour – with some fans so anxious to see the defender make a return to the club they proposed a fundraising effort via social media channels such as Twitter.

Dougie Freedman did not bolster his defence as expected, with his only senior signing on transfer deadline day being midfielder Liam Trotter.

Craig Davies departed for Preston on loan, while young Luxembourg international Yannick Bastos’s move from Differdange was also confirmed.

Joe Mason was given the green light to rejoin Wanderers on loan but turned down the move, for now, because of personal reasons.

I nearly shit a brick at the first paragraph!

Let's hope we get him on loan then for a bit and wigan concentrate on their pie eating! Smile

23Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Sat Feb 01 2014, 01:00

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:WANDERERS live to fight another day after Craig Dawson’s proposed move to Wigan Athletic failed to make the 11pm deadline.

I nearly shit a brick at the first paragraph!

Let's hope we get him on loan then for a bit and wigan concentrate on their pie eating! Smile
First and foremost target should be Dawson.  Are you reading this Dougie?  How about you PG or ED?

24Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Sat Feb 01 2014, 10:41

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Sounds as if the issue is West Brom not sure if they want to loan him out though Doff, and the fact we've got competition from Wigan. I'm sure the money is there if we need it, but I think the fact we're having to loan out Davies ( i assume to free up funds) goes to show how right money is, he can't be on more than £15,000 a week?

It seems odd that when the club's already forking out £20something/£30something million a year, we have to go to massive lengths just to not see that inflate by a small fraction. There really isn't much flexibility there at all.

Clearly I was wrong about this! Can't believe the club can't muddle the fee together, unless WBA are after a pretty big fee for the loan? Fuck knows.

I wonder if the board are reluctant to back Dougie in the market given our 'progress' this year.

25Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Sat Feb 01 2014, 10:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've just seen this tweet from Nixon, regarding Dawson to Wigan, hopefully this will benefit us, when the loan window opens.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dawson went to West Brom's training ground to sign the papers ... and then changed his mind.

26Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Thu Feb 06 2014, 07:57

According to Nixon in the Mirror this morning West Brom have said they are not letting Dawson out on loan whilst Jonas Olsson is injured. He said Wigan are going to look elsewhere whilst Bolton are willing to wait. 

According to the Bolton News he is likely to join Wigan

27Dawson to Wigan according to Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawson to Wigan according to Sky Thu Feb 06 2014, 12:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Sounds as if the issue is West Brom not sure if they want to loan him out though Doff, and the fact we've got competition from Wigan. I'm sure the money is there if we need it, but I think the fact we're having to loan out Davies ( i assume to free up funds) goes to show how right money is, he can't be on more than £15,000 a week?

It seems odd that when the club's already forking out £20something/£30something million a year, we have to go to massive lengths just to not see that inflate by a small fraction. There really isn't much flexibility there at all.

Clearly I was wrong about this! Can't believe the club can't muddle the fee together, unless WBA are after a pretty big fee for the loan? Fuck knows.

I wonder if the board are reluctant to back Dougie in the market given our 'progress' this year.

I remember when we loaned Al Habsi to Wigan i believe Coyle said the loan "fee" was 1 million. 

I may have misremembered that but if thats true it shows you the kind of price teams have to pay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum