Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds

+6
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Fri Jan 31 2014, 20:04

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know it's not related to BWFC but Brian McDermott has been fired by Leeds apparently. 

Weird decision on the last day of a transfer window but my question is this. Does anyone rate him? Would you bring him in now and pot Dougie? 

I don't know why McDermott has been dismissed but Sky claim it was a disagreement with the Board over Ross McCormack.

2Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Leeds sack Brian McDermott. Fri Jan 31 2014, 20:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SSN.  :wtf2:

On deadline day.

3Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Fri Jan 31 2014, 20:55

Well, Oor Doug did use to play for Leeds, so let's hope our mental chairman has blagged their mental chairman into poaching him off us.

Fingers crossed......

4Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Fri Jan 31 2014, 21:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he did okay at Reading but Leeds are a club that are still deluded enough to think they should be in the Premiership.

5Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 10:43

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I feel a bit sorry for McDermott, he had a pretty decent win ratio of 41.67% at Leeds. I know Leeds had a couple of hammerings, but he did a decent job at Leeds under difficult circumstances.

6Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: 

Weird decision on the last day of a transfer window but my question is this. Does anyone rate him? Would you bring him in now and pot Dougie? 

If Scooby Doo became available I'd take him over Dougie.

7Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 11:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's a decent manager and a decent bloke. It simply represents the stupidity of those who own football clubs. The level of self delusion is almost laughable. At Reading he suffered the fate of most promoted clubs- didn't set the world on fire with a budget to improve the team that many other clubs spend on one player.
At Leeds he was certainly improving the situation- and (as we know only too well!) it's a long hard grind- takes years to get there.
So twice now he's been fired by sets of ignorant tossers who think they deserve better. Football is becoming a bit of a shameful game

8Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 11:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It took about 1 minute of this news breaking for the usual "Biarn Mcfdernit anyone? #bwfc" 

What is the fascination with the latest person sacked with Bolton fans.

9Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It took about 1 minute of this news breaking for the usual "Biarn Mcfdernit anyone? #bwfc" 

Hipster - I love your commitment to slagging off Bolton fans!

10Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 11:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Biarn mcfdernit" surely not?

11Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 11:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:It took about 1 minute of this news breaking for the usual "Biarn Mcfdernit anyone? #bwfc" 

Hipster - I love your commitment to slagging off Bolton fans!

I can't stop because some of the things i read are simply befuddling. Often I'm mouth agape reading these things.

12Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 14:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leeds are desperately in the mire.

I have heard numerous rumours over the last 2 to 3 weeks that basically put Leeds on the edge and possibly within hours of going completely bust - but didn't take a bit of notice until last night.

It seems they are desperate enough to try to appease a possible new owner by doing his bidding before the owner put pen to paper - how foolish will the board then look f this possible new owners then decides not to sign?

As RT says the fans are very much deluded and think they are still big boys and believe, just because of their fan base, they should be in the Premier League.

In a way I don't want to see a team like Leeds go bust but just because of their arrogance and their fans I do want to see them in complete financial trouble and to see them having to rebuild from non-league upwards (like Chester and a few others have had to do)

13Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 17:29

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

apparently he is still the manager, according to the BBC, fecking mental.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25986093

14Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 17:36

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mr Magoo wrote:apparently he is still the manager, according to the BBC, fecking mental.

Another UK club with a long and quite distinguished history owned by some fat foreigner (Italian this time) makes a complete bollocks of things. Sacked then not sacked.
The FA needs to get its act together to control these overseas clowns who make a mockery of the game

15Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 18:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:apparently he is still the manager, according to the BBC, fecking mental.

Another UK club with a long and quite distinguished history owned by some fat foreigner (Italian this time) makes a complete bollocks of things. Sacked then not sacked.
The FA needs to get its act together to control these overseas clowns who make a mockery of the game

Worst thing is that the Italian is not yet the owner - he has agreed to buy 75% but it has to be approved and he still could pull out at any time - until he puts pen to paper anything could still happen to Yorkshires joke football club!

16Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Empty Re: Brian McDermott Sacked by Leeds Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hasn't this new owner been done for fraud once. I can see him pulling the plug on the deal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum