Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Gothenburg defender Mikael Dyrestam on verge of signing for Wanderers

+12
Sluffy
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

for 320k the deal is off........  now all you have to do is have a whip around the board of directors, say 20k each and 40k from Phil.  Then fire the tea lady, Phils' gardner and pool boy and there's your 320k.

How in God's name are we supposed to compete with any club with ambition when 320k stops a deal. We are truly fooked........ sell this club for the sake of us all.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers deal for Dyrestam stumbles over Gothenburg demands

Mikael Dyrestam’s move to Wanderers dramatically collapsed yesterday after the club refused to pay the amount of compensation to his former club IFK Gothenburg.

Dougie Freedman had been on the verge of solving his long search for a left-back after the 22-year-old impressed during a week of training at Euxton.

The defender was available on a free transfer but a “development fee” was owed to IFK, who he had represented for the last six years, which presented a stumbling block to the deal being completed.

Figures in the Swedish press claim the fee owed to Gothenburg was in the region of 400,000 Euros, or about £320,000.

Freedman had high hopes the Guinea-born youngster, capped twice by his country, would have been secured in time to feature against Blackburn Rovers next weekend.

He had scouted Dyrestam extensively since the summer, a few months before the player decided to leave the Swedish top flight to pursue a career in Europe, and had also built up relationships with staff at IFK to ensure Wanderers got first refusal if he decided to play in England.

But the Whites boss now finds himself back to square one after the tight financial circumstances he is operating under at the Reebok once again bit hard into his recruitment efforts.

Dyrestam was battling back from a serious knee injury and there had been some concern over his fitness when he arrived at the start of last week.

But sources at the club say he had impressed sufficiently for a contract to be discussed and his advisors were at Euxton on Thursday to discuss the defender’s future.

It leaves Wanderers still without a recognised left-back, a situation they have been in since Marc Tierney broke his leg back in October.

Tim Ream has plugged the gap since Christmas but Wanderers have sorely missed the American’s distribution skills in the middle of defence and he has struggled against out-and-out wingers.

Freedman hinted a couple of weeks ago, before Dyrestam’s arrival, that he did have defensive options currently playing in the Premier League which may be let out on loan in the coming weeks. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

On trial for a week and only then we find out there is a fee involved? Nobody bothered to find out before we wasted a whole week with the guy? I call incompetence and/or bullshit.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sat Feb 22 2014, 13:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:On trial for a week and only then we find out there is a fee involved? Nobody bothered to find out before we wasted a whole week with the guy? I call incompetence and/or bullshit.
He wasn't on trial so to speak, more of a fitness test, we just wanted to see whether he had overcome his injuries. He impressed, but it looks like the club pulled the deal, because of the fee Gothenburg wanted. I think your right, we should have checked the fee, before he came over.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:On trial for a week and only then we find out there is a fee involved? Nobody bothered to find out before we wasted a whole week with the guy? I call incompetence and/or bullshit.
He wasn't on trial so to speak, more of a fitness test, we just wanted to see whether he had overcome his injuries. He impressed, but it looks like the club pulled the deal, because of the fee Gothenburg wanted. I think your right, we should have checked the fee, before he came over.
There has to be more to this than they're letting on. Dougie said he'd watched him 8 times - that's serious scouting IMO so there was obviously an intention to bring him in. Can't tell me the club were unaware of the training fee. Perhaps there was a dispute over the level of the fee although I think it's unlikely - putting Odelusi and Bolger out on loan until the end of the season would surely have saved at least half of the training fee.
Either Dougie has someone else in mind or he's decided to make do until the summer. Or there's some other problem that they're not mentioning.
Q: Is there any scenario whereby we could get Dyrestam completely FOC in the summer?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good point .....  nowt is ever done right at our club.

Although we shouldn't be surprized no evidence has ever been shown that the management has a clue. Our financial shape is evidence of inmates running the asylum though.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or maybe they knew the fee was involved and wanted to see if it would be worth paying it.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

... or maybe Gothenburg didn't say the exact amount until they gauged BWFCs determination to buy him.
I expect he'll be back soon when they realise they've got one unhappy player on their hands- and his wages to pay.
They'll drop their demands soon

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Or maybe they knew the fee was involved and wanted to see if it would be worth paying it.

Fuck off Hipster, this is no time for logic it's a fucking bullshit disgrace of some sort I'm sure of that.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Fuck off Hipster, this is no time for logic it's a fucking bullshit disgrace of some sort I'm sure of that.

:agree:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If the guy's not worth £320K then he can't be much good in this day and age.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

And i suspect thats the conclusion they came too.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

And i suspect thats the conclusion they came too.
If that's so hipster then fair enough but I find it a little difficult to swallow that a guy his age with international caps under his belt already isn't worth such a piddling amount. It's hard to know what to make of this, was he really poor or was his fitness too lacking for Dougie to feel he could be used immediately? Without having been there and without some sort of statement from the club we may never know.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's a 22 years old international yet he's not had a club - any club! - for the last 6 months?

I'm guessing he carries some sort of baggage around with him - otherwise surely somebody somewhere would have taken a punt on him before now?

Perhaps we would have for free (or a lot less than the £320,000 quoted) or maybe we saw that his 'baggage' was too big for us to deal with and used the fee as an excuse to say no to him.

Either way I suspect his career is already in decline a la Michael Ricketts, Gerald Cid, etc, etc.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal to sign Dyrestam has fallen through, because Dougie has set his sights on Moxey at Palace instead.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the deal to sign Dyrestam has fallen through, because Dougie has set his sights on Moxey at Palace instead.
Really?
Moxey would be a short term loan though. Thought Dyrestam might be a l-t deal.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we shouldn't underestimate the FFP situation here which may have more impact on the fee than we think. I'm sure Dougie would have liked him if totally free but that £350k may have been a bridge too far. He may also be sorting his options for the summer when he will have more room to work once he's rid of the contracted high earners?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the deal to sign Dyrestam has fallen through, because Dougie has set his sights on Moxey at Palace instead.
Really?
Moxey would be a short term loan though. Thought Dyrestam might be a l-t deal.
Maybe Dyrestam wasn't quite ready to come straight in to the first team, Fitness?? Moxey could though, as he's played for Palace quite a few times this season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Whatever it is there's no doubt it's Dougie's fault. Freedman out!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Whatever it is there's no doubt it's Dougie's fault. Freedman out!
Best post you've ever written Wanderlust. More like that in future please  :toppoints:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum