Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Gothenburg defender Mikael Dyrestam on verge of signing for Wanderers

+12
Sluffy
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:On trial for a week and only then we find out there is a fee involved? Nobody bothered to find out before we wasted a whole week with the guy? I call incompetence and/or bullshit.

Or maybe they knew the fee was involved and wanted to see if it would be worth paying it.
If the guy's not worth £320K then he can't be much good in this day and age.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:On trial for a week and only then we find out there is a fee involved? Nobody bothered to find out before we wasted a whole week with the guy? I call incompetence and/or bullshit.

Or maybe they knew the fee was involved and wanted to see if it would be worth paying it.

And i suspect thats the conclusion they came too.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

And i suspect thats the conclusion they came too.
If that's so hipster then fair enough but I find it a little difficult to swallow that a guy his age with international caps under his belt already isn't worth such a piddling amount. It's hard to know what to make of this, was he really poor or was his fitness too lacking for Dougie to feel he could be used immediately? Without having been there and without some sort of statement from the club we may never know.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's a 22 years old international yet he's not had a club - any club! - for the last 6 months?

I'm guessing he carries some sort of baggage around with him - otherwise surely somebody somewhere would have taken a punt on him before now?

Perhaps we would have for free (or a lot less than the £320,000 quoted) or maybe we saw that his 'baggage' was too big for us to deal with and used the fee as an excuse to say no to him.

Either way I suspect his career is already in decline a la Michael Ricketts, Gerald Cid, etc, etc.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal to sign Dyrestam has fallen through, because Dougie has set his sights on Moxey at Palace instead.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the deal to sign Dyrestam has fallen through, because Dougie has set his sights on Moxey at Palace instead.
Really?
Moxey would be a short term loan though. Thought Dyrestam might be a l-t deal.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we shouldn't underestimate the FFP situation here which may have more impact on the fee than we think. I'm sure Dougie would have liked him if totally free but that £350k may have been a bridge too far. He may also be sorting his options for the summer when he will have more room to work once he's rid of the contracted high earners?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the deal to sign Dyrestam has fallen through, because Dougie has set his sights on Moxey at Palace instead.
Really?
Moxey would be a short term loan though. Thought Dyrestam might be a l-t deal.
Maybe Dyrestam wasn't quite ready to come straight in to the first team, Fitness?? Moxey could though, as he's played for Palace quite a few times this season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Fuck off Hipster, this is no time for logic it's a fucking bullshit disgrace of some sort I'm sure of that.

:agree:
Whatever it is there's no doubt it's Dougie's fault. Freedman out!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Fuck off Hipster, this is no time for logic it's a fucking bullshit disgrace of some sort I'm sure of that.

:agree:
Whatever it is there's no doubt it's Dougie's fault. Freedman out!
Best post you've ever written Wanderlust. More like that in future please  :toppoints:

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its a fucking Joke.

BWFC's board are a fucking joke.

Less than half a million to sign a player DF has chased for a long time and obviously thinks would benefit the club, is quashed by fat bastard gartside because we cant afford it?

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS 300K TO A CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB!  ::mad:: 

Big BIG shit is going down at BWFC, its going to hit the fan soon I fear.

When a club cannot afford a player that costs them (in football terms) essentially, PENNIES, then we are well and truly fucked.

I feel sorry for wasting the players time now.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its a fucking Joke.

Less than half a million to sign a player DF has chased for a long time and obviously thinks would benefit the club, is quashed by fat bastard gartside because we cant afford it?

When a club cannot afford a player that costs them (in football terms) essentially, PENNIES, then we are well and truly fucked.

Unfortunately RR money talks and if you don't have any, even pennies, you can't spend it. We are seriously in debt and on the verge of FFP penalties by all accounts and I don't want points deductions next year so if this guy hasn't had a club in six months I'd be prepared to wait until the summer and possibly pick him up for nothing. In this regard I'm actually quite positive about Dougie ( did I really say that???) when you consider the wasted millions by his predecessors.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:In this regard I'm actually quite positive about Dougie ( did I really say that???) when you consider the wasted millions by his predecessors.

You jest surely. Dougie has been just as wasteful, probably more so because we're much deeper in the doo-doo right now.

Craig Davies: £300k - not given a chance and loaned out to PNE.
Baptisite: FREE - but on £25k per week. And shit. We could have had Nicky Hunt for £2.50 per week.
Hall: £400k - shit
Tierney: FREE - shit and injured and on £20k per week if you believe the press
Spearing: £2m - big wages and can't even control a ball. Shit.
Medo: FREE - shit, can't control a ball, and on big wages.

In fact, has he actually signed anyone who you could describe as decent?

His signings have been awful, but just because they haven't been as wasteful as Ngog and Sordell people seem to think he can "spot a player". Bullshit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:In this regard I'm actually quite positive about Dougie ( did I really say that???) when you consider the wasted millions by his predecessors.

You jest surely. Dougie has been just as wasteful, probably more so because we're much deeper in the doo-doo right now.

Craig Davies: £300k - not given a chance and loaned out to PNE.
Baptisite: FREE - but on £25k per week. And shit. We could have had Nicky Hunt for £2.50 per week.
Hall: £400k - shit
Tierney: FREE - shit and injured and on £20k per week if you believe the press
Spearing: £2m - big wages and can't even control a ball. Shit.
Medo: FREE - shit, can't control a ball, and on big wages.

In fact, has he actually signed anyone who you could describe as decent?

His signings have been awful, but just because they haven't been as wasteful as Ngog and Sordell people seem to think he can "spot a player". Bullshit.
Must have taken you seconds to make up these "facts".

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its a fucking Joke.

Unfortunately RR money talks and if you don't have any, even pennies, you can't spend it. We are seriously in debt and on the verge of FFP penalties by all accounts and I don't want points deductions next year so if this guy hasn't had a club in six months I'd be prepared to wait until the summer and possibly pick him up for nothing. In this regard I'm actually quite positive about Dougie ( did I really say that???) when you consider the wasted millions by his predecessors.
What worries me is that since the Dyrestam thing fell through Dougie is working down his list of FBs to try to get someone in.
What the hell can he get on a free, manageable wages and ready to go straight into the team? We have to be talking massive risk territory if there actually is anyone who meets the  financial criteria. Maybe George Weah has a cousin looking for a job?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It looks like Derby are after Dyrestam now and a few Foreign clubs too. We on the other hand are finding it very difficult to bring in a decent left back.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:It looks like Derby are after Dyrestam now and a few Foreign clubs too. We on the other hand are finding it very difficult to bring in a decent left back.
....ANY left back.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's hard to believe that anybody is not worth 320k this day and age.
In the realm of the daft, Utd are giving Rooney 500k a week salary. We can't sign a guy for free with a minimal fee.
And fat phil say the club has ambition to get back to the Prem........ scratch

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If there's any mileage in the Dean Moxey story I presume it will be another loan deal, but the guy would still have to be paid.

Something just doesn't stack up about the Dyrestam thing - it can't be down to cashflow.

Last edited by wanderlust on Tue Feb 25 2014, 12:02; edited 1 time in total

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:It's hard to believe that anybody is not worth 320k this day and age.
In the realm of the daft, Utd are giving Rooney 500k a week salary. We can't sign a guy for free with a minimal fee.
And fat phil say the club has ambition to get back to the Prem........ scratch

Does he fuck.

Clubs with ambition at least TRY, we seem to only want stuff for free, meaning we end up with the worst, shittiest barrel scrapings...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum